Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-03-03

Can someone try and reproduce this issue that knuffi us seeing? The one where shuffling turned on messes up the EPG? I am having problems seeing it myself and I'd like to know the exact setting that's causing problems.

- zepfan - 2011-03-03

I can't get it to do it Jason. I tried and it just play like it normally should.
Linux, Dharma 10, repo version, confluence skin.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-03

Hi, Great Program you have made Jason, its the most used plugin on my box

Jason102 Wrote:Can someone try and reproduce this issue that knuffi us seeing? The one where shuffling turned on messes up the EPG? I am having problems seeing it myself and I'd like to know the exact setting that's causing problems.

I also cant reproduce this issue

@zepfan any chance of a skin for neon, i am using colour scheme white, so ideally would like a black/white skin if possible

Many Thanks

WKF

- zepfan - 2011-03-03

wkf Wrote:Hi, Great Program you have made Jason, its the most used plugin on my box

I also cant reproduce this issue

@zepfan any chance of a skin for neon, i am using colour scheme white, so ideally would like a black/white skin if possible

Many Thanks

WKF

Yup, Neon, Aeon65 are next on my list. I'm doing nystro right now. The other I'll work on tongiht.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-03

zepfan Wrote:Yup, Neon, Aeon65 are next on my list. I'm doing nystro right now. The other I'll work on tongiht.

Thats great Thank you

WKF

- knuffi - 2011-03-04

If been playing araound a bit and did a clean istall on another pc same versions as the other one with the same video files and i think i found what is causing the error.
Everything worked fine until i imported my guisettings.xml, after that when i turned on shuffle the epg was showing wrong information. After deleting the guisettings and restarting xbmc it worked correctly on both systems.
Must be some odd combination of settings that was causing this.

Thanks everybody for trying to help

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

knuffi Wrote:Everything worked fine until i imported my guisettings.xml, after that when i turned on shuffle the epg was showing wrong information.
Is there a reason you'd want to do that?

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

OMG tooo many posts to go through. Sorry if this has been asked before.

First.....LOVE THIS SCRIPT haha. Been using it oooooo 24hrs now and loving it. Great job mang!

Second, can we have a music channel? I tried to make a Music playlist but it wouldnt use it. I was thinkin it would be like how the Radio Channels on Bell are. Channel for Alternative and when you tune to it, the song info is displayed on the screen (or maybe in our case, the visualizationHuh??).

Third, relating to the skin, is there any info on what we can do? I find lots of important info is missing from the description area (Show length, Resolution, Finish Time, Watched/Not watched, ratings, etc) in my opinion. Any spot you can point me to maybe tinker with on my own?

I use transparency skin and i DISLIKE the psuedoTV skin, but the default is cool. Am i correct to assume a rename of the psuedeotv.transparency directory will be the best way it doesnt get loaded?

Cheers!

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

Ooooo and one more thing. Does anyone happen to know the best way to map a MCE remote button to work in this script? I dont seem to have a "esc" key mapped on the remote, and cant cancel out of the EPG. I tried to map it in my remote.xml under the global setting but it didnt effect anything inside pseudotv

- knuffi - 2011-03-04

zepfan Wrote:Is there a reason you'd want to do that?

Simply to have all your settings back and not have to set up everything again. In this case i did it because i wanted to create the same conditions on both systems after it working on the other one to see if the error comes back or not.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-04

wyild1 Wrote:Ooooo and one more thing. Does anyone happen to know the best way to map a MCE remote button to work in this script? I dont seem to have a "esc" key mapped on the remote, and cant cancel out of the EPG. I tried to map it in my remote.xml under the global setting but it didnt effect anything inside pseudotv

i followed this guide in setting up my mce remote and the clear button is setup for esc
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179&highlight=mce+remote

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

knuffi Wrote:Simply to have all your settings back and not have to set up everything again. In this case i did it because i wanted to create the same conditions on both systems after it working on the other one to see if the error comes back or not.

Do you mean control settings? Remote, etc?

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

wyild1 Wrote:I use transparency skin and i DISLIKE the psuedoTV skin, but the default is cool. Am i correct to assume a rename of the psuedeotv.transparency directory will be the best way it doesnt get loaded?
Hey! Why you hatin on my skin! (Just kidding!)
Yea if you rename the folder or just delete it it'll pull up the original.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-04

Is there anyway i can remove the pause label when changing channels, i know i can do it by removing dialogseekbar.xml in my skin folder, but i wanted to keep the pause for everything else, sorry if its been asked before

Thanks

WKF

- knuffi - 2011-03-04

zepfan Wrote:Do you mean control settings? Remote, etc?

It includes everything you set up under settings and all the selected viewtypes of the Skin. Don't know what else it saves but as far as i know no Remote settings, these are saved in the keymaps.xml