Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

zepfan Wrote:Hey! Why you hatin on my skin! (Just kidding!)
Yea if you rename the folder or just delete it it'll pull up the original.

Hahah sorry mang. I dunno, just the colours of it are wrong, hard to see what I have selected in the EPG. I dunno, it also seems like there is so much wasted space!

But good job! I dont make skins so im not trying to tell you how to do your job Smile Just for me, it feels incomplete....like something I would do hahaha

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

wkf Wrote:i followed this guide in setting up my mce remote and the clear button is setup for esc
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179&highlight=mce+remote

Thanks for the info, but im in Linux. But that answers my question, i just need to map it. Nothing more than that Smile

Cheers!

- Jason102 - 2011-03-04

@wyild1: I'll consider the music channel. The video channels were my top priority but now that they're stable it may be time to look into those.

The info is gathered by PseudoTV when initializing the channels. Most of the stuff is left alone, but there have been requests in the past for additional data. I have a few ideas on how to do this, so this may be something that comes along sooner rather than later.

@"wkf": This is another request I've heard several times. Not easy to implement but definitely possible. It's on the list of things for me to check into.

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

wyild1 Wrote:Hahah sorry mang. I dunno, just the colours of it are wrong, hard to see what I have selected in the EPG. I dunno, it also seems like there is so much wasted space!
Ha thanks! A week ago I had no idea how to either. I do want to redo that skin. I like the open space of it so you can still view the TV show while selecting what to watch like you do in !T with fanart/slide view. I do agree that the grey bar is a little hard to see and is something I want to change.

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

wyild1 Wrote:Thanks for the info, but im in Linux. But that answers my question, i just need to map it. Nothing more than that Smile

Cheers!

Try this post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=730644&postcount=514

- wyild1 - 2011-03-04

zepfan Wrote:Try this post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=730644&postcount=514

Awesome sauce. I will try this tonight when i get home.

Thanks!

- branlr - 2011-03-04

First off, I love the script!

Secondly, however, I want to verify if other people are experiencing the same bugs/problems I am.

1. This isn't so much a bug, but-- You access the viewing guide by pressing enter, and you select an item from the viewing guide by pressing enter. Is there a way to back out of the viewing guide without selecting something? Otherwise, you have to hunt for the program you are currently watching and re-select it.

2. I'm sure you are aware of this, but no rewind or fast forward or a/v settings such as zoom, subtitles, etc.

3. It seems that when you have the setting checked to fill in channels, the script will not load more than 20 channels.

4. Occassional crashes still. I'm wayyyy not trying to complain about this things stability because it has come a long way and is doing GREAT, but does this crash xbmc for any other windows users periodically?

To me, I would rather have these things addressed before new features (such as music channels). I am wayyy more inhibited about using this script every day because of these issues than the lack of any totally new features.

Personally, I think it is pretty feature-tastic already.

Regarding the stability, I don't believe it is my machine specifically, as it has been experienced on multiple installs of xbmc on win7 x64 and multiple installs of the plugin itself, as I've been using it throughout its development. Also, my machine is usually pretty stable (for running windows).

- "wkf" - 2011-03-04

branlr Wrote:First off, I love the script!

Secondly, however, I want to verify if other people are experiencing the same bugs/problems I am.

1. This isn't so much a bug, but-- You access the viewing guide by pressing enter, and you select an item from the viewing guide by pressing enter. Is there a way to back out of the viewing guide without selecting something? Otherwise, you have to hunt for the program you are currently watching and re-select it.

4. Occassional crashes still. I'm wayyyy not trying to complain about this things stability because it has come a long way and is doing GREAT, but does this crash xbmc for any other windows users periodically?

Regarding the stability, I don't believe it is my machine specifically, as it has been experienced on multiple installs of xbmc on win7 x64 and multiple installs of the plugin itself, as I've been using it throughout its development. Also, my machine is usually pretty stable (for running windows).

1: pressing escape takes me back out of epg
4:i was expericiencing crashes using win7 x64 (i found out something to do with graphics driver) since changed to win7 32 and has been rock solid

- bridgman - 2011-03-04

I made a fanart background for PseudoTV link in home menu
if anyone wants to check it out
it can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9c0jf1bzebc8qma

- branlr - 2011-03-04

wkf Wrote:1: pressing escape takes me back out of epg
4:i was expericiencing crashes using win7 x64 (i found out something to do with graphics driver) since changed to win7 32 and has been rock solid

1. Doh! Really? I could have sworn this was not the case... maybe I messed something up..

4... that's interesting... Unfortunately, reinstalling windows just to use this plugin isn't really a good solution, especially loosing access to my RAM, but thanks for the info.

If that is the case though, would be great if this was fixed, or perhaps I will try to find an alternative driver.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-04

I know that the normal OSD isn't available while using this, and that is a relatively big limitation. While I could enable it, the big issue is catching the user pressing the stop button...I need to catch that action, somehow. Now that I type that out, I hought of a potential solution...

I thought fast-forwarding and rewinding worked...hmmm...I never use them myself, I'll try them out.

The current fill-in function is limited to 20...just because. You can certainly create your own channels that exceed that number I just don't fill in beyond that. Is this really a need? How many automatically created channels would you like?

I actually didn't realize people were still experiencing crashes. Does this happen during some certain action? Can it be reproduced? Any chance of me getting a debug log?

- branlr - 2011-03-04

Jason102 Wrote:I know that the normal OSD isn't available while using this, and that is a relatively big limitation. While I could enable it, the big issue is catching the user pressing the stop button...I need to catch that action, somehow. Now that I type that out, I hought of a potential solution...

I thought fast-forwarding and rewinding worked...hmmm...I never use them myself, I'll try them out.

The current fill-in function is limited to 20...just because. You can certainly create your own channels that exceed that number I just don't fill in beyond that. Is this really a need? How many automatically created channels would you like?

I actually didn't realize people were still experiencing crashes. Does this happen during some certain action? Can it be reproduced? Any chance of me getting a debug log?

I'll double check the fast-forward / rewind issue, and I'll take note of when crashes occur. Sometimes, the crash is on launch of the plugin, and sometimes when changing the channel.

Regarding the fill in, it's not that I want more fill in channels--it's just that, if I have say 24 channels, and it is set to fill in any missing channels, it ignores my last for already existing channels.

Cool, cool. I just wasn't sure if these were being perceived as active issues or not... the OSD fix would be great, as the big WAF problem is that it is like "wtf why can't I access subtitles the way I normally do.'

Maybe it is an issue with win7x64 and my video driver... I will play with it and try to post a log of the crash next time it happens.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-04

Jason102 Wrote:I actually didn't realize people were still experiencing crashes. Does this happen during some certain action? Can it be reproduced? Any chance of me getting a debug log?

Mine was randomly crashing when i changed channels outside of the guide, i did manage to find out mine was due to a driver (not your program) i just happened to alt-enter xbmc when i saw driver has stopped responding and has recovered, and since changing to win7 32, it is rock solid

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

Jason102 Wrote:I know that the normal OSD isn't available while using this, and that is a relatively big limitation. While I could enable it, the big issue is catching the user pressing the stop button...I need to catch that action, somehow. Now that I type that out, I hought of a potential solution...

1 FF & RW work 100% for me. I use them a lot actually.
2 20+ Channels would be nice, but not something I'd really need.
3 I haven't had a crash in the plugin in weeks. And the only time I did was when I edited the epg.xml file while PseudoTV was open. I edit these files a lot and have the program running on my tv, about 12 hours a day (background noise etc) and haven't had any crashes.

EDIT: Posting a crash log is never a bad thing when you get them!

- branlr - 2011-03-04

wkf Wrote:Mine was randomly crashing when i changed channels outside of the guide, i did manage to find out mine was due to a driver (not your program) i just happened to alt-enter xbmc when i saw driver has stopped responding and has recovered, and since changing to win7 32, it is rock solid

was the driver for your video card? what is your video card?