Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-03-06

I don't know what that means, zepfan. Can you please clarify?

- derekos - 2011-03-06

Just wanted to note that in Globals.py there is a variable TOTAL_FILL_CHANNELS (or something like that) and its set to 20. There seems to be a logic condition that causes the EPG to max out at the value of TOTAL_FILL_CHANNELS.

I think the intention was that if I had less than 20 channels in my playlists then use the presets to fill in the blanks to get me to 20 minimum channels. What I see is that TOTAL_FILL_CHANNELS acts as a max instead of a min in terms of channels.

I upped it to 50 and confirmed that all 46 of my own channels show up and it adds an additional 4 from presets to fill it out to 50.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-06

The intention, as you said, was to make sure the user had at least 20 channels. It also does act as a maximum, in a sense...it won't fill in beyond channel 20. I figured if the user actually setup more than 20 channels, adding in presets may be less desirable. Maybe I shouldn't care much for how many channels there are and just fill in as many presets as possible. Any opinions on this?

- zepfan - 2011-03-06

Jason102 Wrote:I don't know what that means, zepfan. Can you please clarify?

Any skin that is downloaded and manually added to the skins folder in the plugin is gone after update. So I had my night skin, had to reinstall it after updating to 1.01

- derekos - 2011-03-06

@Jason102 - I think the behavior should be that if it finds I have less playlist channels than TOTAL_FILL then begin adding presets to makeup the difference. If I have greater than TOTAL_FILL then don't do anything.

I suppose the alternative to the logic is a boolean that says "USE PRESETS" and it adds the 23 presets to the EPG no matter what and then adds whatever playlist channels I have as well.

Jason102 Wrote:The intention, as you said, was to make sure the user had at least 20 channels. It also does act as a maximum, in a sense...it won't fill in beyond channel 20. I figured if the user actually setup more than 20 channels, adding in presets may be less desirable. Maybe I shouldn't care much for how many channels there are and just fill in as many presets as possible. Any opinions on this?

- bridgman - 2011-03-07

Jason102 Wrote:Damn, that is a downside. I guess a seperate configurable directory will work, and I'll just default it to a folder in the userdata directory (add-ons/script.pseudotv/logos). That directory should survive the upgrade process. And I'll still use the current location as a backup so that logos can still be packaged in. Ok, I'll get to work on all of this.

I would also like to see this option for the skins. It would be nice to be able chose the refocus or any other skin no matter what your main skin was. Also would help those developing alternate skins for the script.

- zepfan - 2011-03-07

bridgman Wrote:I would also like to see this option for the skins. It would be nice to be able chose the refocus or any other skin no matter what your main skin was. Also would help those developing alternate skins for the script.

Its not really possible. A lot of fonts/colors are declared on the main skin and just referenced in the plugin.

- "wkf" - 2011-03-07

hi,
I am trying to modify the epg to make text bigger for family member, i can find where to change the size of text for channel name and number but what do i need to edit to change the text on the actual guide

Cheers
WKF

- bridgman - 2011-03-07

zepfan Wrote:Its not really possible. A lot of fonts/colors are declared on the main skin and just referenced in the plugin.

Could we just add font folders and color and font xml in the pseudo skin along with the script.pseudotv.EPG xml or add the default tag for the buttons in the script.pseudotv.EPG xml itself

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-07

bridgman Wrote:Could we just add font folders and color and font xml in the pseudo skin along with the script.pseudotv.EPG xml or add the default tag for the buttons in the script.pseudotv.EPG xml itself

Unfortunately, at the moment, fonts can't be defined in the python script. They are defined at the skin level. I tried something like that back when I was first working on the new default skin.

Adding a hidden button to use as a template for the EPG was something that was discussed but I don't think it got any further than that. It's something to look into though as I've noticed a few drawbacks to the way the EPG looks in the current implementation. Things like the hard-coded highlighted color for text is one glaring problem. Another, as you've pointed out, is the font size.

- zepfan - 2011-03-07

Sranshaft Wrote:Things like the hard-coded highlighted color for text is one glaring problem.
That one has been bugging the hell out of me! I'm glad I didn't just miss it this whole time!

- butchabay - 2011-03-07

fonzie Wrote:I created a background image for those of you that would like to use it. I modified the DirecTV logo and used the tv station logos provided in this thread. I have the original PSD file and I can provide it if anyone would like it. Just let me know where I can upload it to.

I added this one because the first one looked a little bad with the Night skin (my default).

The Backgrounds are looking great, time ago i've started a thread to locate all fanarts for addons: SEE HERE:

- Ryoga79 - 2011-03-08

As silly as it sounds, is it possible to create actual Network/Studio based channels? The idea being to create a "virtual NBC, CBS, ABC, HBO", etc. So far the only way i've thought of to potentially do this would be to put my TV into paths based on the network and make playlists by path, but i'm trying to avoid that if at all possible...

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-09

Ryoga79 Wrote:As silly as it sounds, is it possible to create actual Network/Studio based channels? The idea being to create a "virtual NBC, CBS, ABC, HBO", etc. So far the only way i've thought of to potentially do this would be to put my TV into paths based on the network and make playlists by path, but i'm trying to avoid that if at all possible...

Not until the Studio tag for tv shows is exposed in the smart playlists.

- zepfan - 2011-03-09

One alternative is, if you know what network they're on, make a playlist with those tv shows. That way you don't have to change the paths of files.