Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-03-15

danz0l Wrote:erm yes, i was trying to use tvdb to create chanels based on network for Pseudo. You can search by network in their advanced search criteria but its limited to 200 results. Just thought it would be a better way than wikipedia 2hich is far from perfect and with TVDB it has the same names convention that would be expected and indexed in xbmc, making your addon to Pseudo more context focused.

The TVDB developer forum would be the best place for that question. Hopefully it will be a mute point once the developers add studio to the JSON videodatabase search.

- danz0l - 2011-03-15

jtucker1972 Wrote:The TVDB developer forum would be the best place for that question. Hopefully it will be a mute point once the developers add studio to the JSON videodatabase search.

Yes sounds that way. Will sit it out and wait Smile

- espengaasemyr - 2011-03-15

Realy love this script!!! is there a way to move the tv logo to the top left of the screen? if there is howHuh?Big Grin

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-15

espengaasemyr Wrote:Realy love this script!!! is there a way to move the tv logo to the top left of the screen? if there is howHuh?Big Grin

You will need to open the script.PseudoTV.TVOverlay.xml in the skin that you are using (should be found in the C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\skins\{the skin you're using}\720p folder) and change the position of the <posx> and <posy> of the Channel Bug image control to something like <posx>50</posx> and <posy>50</posy>.

The number you use will be how many pixels from the left and top the image will be from the edge of the screen, respectively.

- espengaasemyr - 2011-03-15

great!!Smile thank you! Big Grin

- dangerFlakes - 2011-03-16

I want to try this plugin out, but I have no local content.

Devs, you should look into implementing this in conjunction with the Icefilms addon. That would be the ultimate setup.

- espengaasemyr - 2011-03-16

dangerFlakes Wrote:I want to try this plugin out, but I have no local content.

Devs, you should look into implementing this in conjunction with the Icefilms addon. That would be the ultimate setup.

aahhh if that`s possible christmas is coming early this yearBig Grin

- bkmurphy - 2011-03-16

Add the ESPN 3 plugin to the wish list (and maybe some CNN or
Fox News plugins) and this would be a total cable replacement.

- zepfan - 2011-03-16

I highly doubt any streaming content will be included. Too many variables. Plus whonwants to wait 30 seconds between channel changes for the video to load?

- anarchintosh - 2011-03-17

this addon is awesome! suddenly i have loads of channels that play stuff i like.

zepfan Wrote:I highly doubt any streaming content will be included. Too many variables. Plus whonwants to wait 30 seconds between channel changes for the video to load?

true say. plus icefilms lets you download straight to library if the download folders are set up right, so people could just do that to fill their library and then load pseudotv.

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-17

anarchintosh Wrote:plus icefilms lets you download straight to library if the download folders are set up right, so people could just do that to fill their library and then load pseudotv.

What would be cool, if only in a dream type scenario, would be if PseudoTV could pull shows from video streaming addons that support downloading and queue those downloads in the background - adding them to the EPG when complete.

Or going on what Windows Media Player does, have them as streaming channels.

But that is something better left in a 'perfect world' scenario I think as a lot of that would require changes in XBMC's core addon framework where addons would be able to communicate with each other. This is something I don't think is available in the present form of the addon framework.

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-17

Erm, hello and grats for the plugin it's what I wanted to do from a long time, I had posted something similar on doom9's forums some time ago (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134954).

I would like to know if there is a tutorial on how to create a channel (with it's logo) and assign it to the channel, also what level of granularity can we expect in episode programming?

In some cases tv shows have their opening intro included, in other cases they have them separate.

In order to obtain a full TV-like experience I would have to include the opening and endings of those shows that don't have them included. It would be great if there would be some kind of program with a sort of drag and drop system that can visually let you create the broadcast but I know nothing similar is currently available.

I myself are unable to program but just throwing ideas out there, not expecting anything... what I'd like would be a tutorial that explains how to create this step by step with some examples.

Cheers and thanks again!

Edit: here is the schema I made some time ago : http://img254.imageshack.us/f/pj1qr7.gif/

- branlr - 2011-03-17

grumpygamer Wrote:Erm, hello and grats for the plugin it's what I wanted to do from a long time, I had posted something similar on doom9's forums some time ago (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134954).

I would like to know if there is a tutorial on how to create a channel (with it's logo) and assign it to the channel, also what level of granularity can we expect in episode programming?

In some cases tv shows have their opening intro included, in other cases they have them separate.

In order to obtain a full TV-like experience I would have to include the opening and endings of those shows that don't have them included. It would be great if there would be some kind of program with a sort of drag and drop system that can visually let you create the broadcast but I know nothing similar is currently available.

I myself are unable to program but just throwing ideas out there, not expecting anything... what I'd like would be a tutorial that explains how to create this step by step with some examples.

Cheers and thanks again!

Edit: here is the schema I made some time ago : http://img254.imageshack.us/f/pj1qr7.gif/

I don't know about a tutorial, but here are the broad strokes that, with a little additional searching of xbmc wiki, this forum, and google, should be plenty.

1. Install the plugin, obviously.
2. Create smart playlists (these are just simple .xml files you make in Notepad--XBMC wiki can show you how to make these... you can also make them within xbmc but I think it'd be faster to do them in notepad) and add them to xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/ . The files should be names Channel_1.xml, Channel_2.xml, etc... Smart playlists draw organize your content based on things like year, watched/unwatched, genre, actor, director, etc... so you can make all sorts of different channels--most notable is the genre, since that's usually how you categorize a channel.
3. Run the pseudotv plugin, and it will automatically pickup the playlists you created as channels.

If a channel isn't picking up, it's probably because no items are being returned from your smart playlist. So, for example, you have a channel that is your TV shows limited to <genre>Animation</genre> but none of the shows in the library are designated as Animation.

If your shows are not labeled well, you have a few options.
1. You can go to the database website such as tvdb and add the genres to the actual source and then rescrape, which makes the world a more accurate and better place for everyone, because everyone will benefit from your addition.

2. You can export your video library as separate files which will place .nfo files containing all of the metadata for your show in the local directory of the file. You can then open those files in your favorite text editor (notepad works) and add the appropriate <genre>SomeGenre</genre> tags, and then rescrape. When you rescrape, it will say something like "local information found, update from the internet?" Obviously, you will answer "No" because you want it to read your nfo files, not the metadata from the database that you callously left inaccurate.

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-18

Thanks, that was useful.
Still how do we make our own custom logos? Is this supported yet?
I will have a look at the wiki about smart playlists, hopefully I'll be able to selectively pick every episode of every series and fit it in a program schedule.
Also I need to find out if there time gaps between two scheduled programs and if this parameter is configurable.

- fr500 - 2011-03-18

Hi

I just installed this nbut it's sitting on filling channel 11 for an hourn now