Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jabroni - 2011-03-24

Jason102 Wrote:I've actually gotten requests like this several times...for PseudoTV to "continue" even when it's turned off. I'm working on several features at the moment, and I'll add this to the list of things to look into.

Thanks, I'd like to see this too. I assumed that's how it was supposed to be Laugh

- TheReverend - 2011-03-25

Any idea why my subtitles are always enabled only in pseudoTV?

- Jason102 - 2011-03-25

I haven't posted a new version in a while, so I figured I'd tell everyone what's coming:

- Easy channel configuration. No more "Channel_x" naming scheme will be necessary.

- Faster channel switching

- OSD support (important, especially for subtitle control)

- Basic channel generation based on a few different fields:
* TV Network
* Movie Studio
* TV Genre
* Movie Genre
* Mix of movies and TV shows, based on genre
* A channel of a single show. This can be random or in order, and can be done in "serial mode". This new mode will pause the channel when you switch to a different channel and always resume where it left off...should make watching a show in order easy!

- Ability to reset all channels on every start

- Have PseudoTV act like it is playing when it's turned off (won't resume where you quit).

- danz0l - 2011-03-25

Sounds great jason and i cant wait. One thing i would still love to see if a define for categories with skin support. Having say 30 TV channels and then 20 film channels for instance becomes a royal pain to navigate when you want say a film. Having two seperate categories, i.e. TV and Film means the end user can drill down to that category before browsing the available channels. I'm aware this would need skin adjustments but feel its a worthy edition. Then you could have things like

TV
DOCUMENTARY
FILMS
CHILDRENS

etc. really would help as channel amounts grow Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-03-25

This would be quite a change in functionality. I'll have to consider how it would work.

In the mean time, it's a little-known feature that you can skip straight to a channel by typing in the number and pressing Enter.

- mwkurt - 2011-03-25

Jason,

Does PseudoTV have the same functionality that TVTime has with mixed playlist? What I mean is, will a mixed playlist play in airdate order like mixed playlist play in TVTime? Do you guys share code?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-03-25

I haven't looked at any code he has written since he released his addon. I honestly don't know what feature you're talking about. In order for serial mode to work, though, the episodes must be ordered by airdate, so I will make sure that functionality is there.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-03-25

Jason102 Wrote:I haven't looked at any code he has written since he released his addon. I honestly don't know what feature you're talking about. In order for serial mode to work, though, the episodes must be ordered by airdate, so I will make sure that functionality is there.

Jason, what he is referring to is mixed playlists which contain multiple TV Shows, e.g. Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe. My code builds separate filelists for each tvshow ordered by airdate. Then it creates the final filelist for the channel by iterating through each list and adding one file from each list to the final filelist until the limit has been reached. This way there is an even distribution regardless of when the show first aired.

Stargate SG-1 S01E01
Stargate Atlantis S01E01
Stargate Universe S01E01
Stargate SG-1 S01E02
Stargate Atlantis S01E02
Stargate Universe S01E02
etc.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-25

Ah, I see. In that case, no, that will not be a feature of the next version. For the moment that will remain an exclusive feature of TV Time.

- GJones - 2011-03-25

danz0l Wrote:Sounds great jason and i cant wait. One thing i would still love to see if a define for categories with skin support. Having say 30 TV channels and then 20 film channels for instance becomes a royal pain to navigate when you want say a film. Having two seperate categories, i.e. TV and Film means the end user can drill down to that category before browsing the available channels. I'm aware this would need skin adjustments but feel its a worthy edition. Then you could have things like

TV
DOCUMENTARY
FILMS
CHILDRENS

etc. really would help as channel amounts grow Smile

Or you could just arrange your channels with a mix.

- danz0l - 2011-03-26

GJones Wrote:Or you could just arrange your channels with a mix.

I have mixed channels also Smile

erro filling in channel 8 - iorifly - 2011-03-27

friends,

I need help I'm using the skin and aeonMarcosqui pseudotv but
it does not work hangs in filling in channel 8

- siacrash - 2011-03-27

Sorry if i missed it somewhere but how do i add more than 20 channels. I have 27 channel_x files all set up(where x is 1, 2, 3 etc.) but it wont go higher than 20 channels. Ty in advance for the help

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-27

Currently, there's a 20 channel limit. I believe Jason was going to raise this but he'll have to confirm that.

- siacrash - 2011-03-27

Thanks! I'll make new channels tomorrow. Great program thanks for all your hard work everyone