Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-03-31

I can't seem to get PseudoTV to save anything when I update from the Channel Configuration window. I just added 16 channels, everything showed fine until I closed the window. When I opened it back up, there wasn't anything there.

Just another thought I had while trying to work out this thing was what happened to the Auto-fill channels setting? I'd really like to see that come back so that if anything happens again to the channel list, PseudoTV wouldn't need me to re-enter all the channels again - it'd simply pick up the channels (Channel_1, Channel_2, etc) and add them automatically to the beginning of the list.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

@zepfan: if it doesn't work when you create it manually, then perhaps your videos for that show aren't scraped properly...maybe they don't have air dates. Are you using some extra tool for scraping?

@Sranshaft: Can you get a debug log of opening the channel config tool, setting a couple channels, and exiting the configuration util? As far as the channel list, if you lose your settings file then PseudoTV performs a migration that will automatically fill in the list with any Channel_x playlists you have. Is this the sort of thing you're talking about?

- zepfan - 2011-03-31

No extra tools. When I make the playlist, it shows up fine, but isnt imported correctly to pseudo.

- zepfan - 2011-03-31

Also, did you ever figure out a way to not show the nav bar at the bottom when a video starts?

- TheReverend - 2011-03-31

Any idea why I have subtitles come up only in PseudoTV and there is no way to turn them off?

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

It's generally just an issue that subtitles are turned on and there's no way to turn them off. The next version (currently being tested) allows for use of the OSD, so you'll be able to turn subtitles on and off when you want.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

An update has been pushed to stable-pre. It has an FLV parser to get durations, as well as a fix for shows being put into incorrect networks. Here's the problem: the issue was caused by using the network from a previous show as I parsed through the JSON results. This only happened when a show didn't have a network specified for it. I'm hoping that there isn't some widespread scraping issue with regards to networks...

- danz0l - 2011-03-31

Sranshaft Wrote:I can't seem to get PseudoTV to save anything when I update from the Channel Configuration window. I just added 16 channels, everything showed fine until I closed the window. When I opened it back up, there wasn't anything there..

Same issue here Jason. The first time the config saved and i had a custom History and BBC channel. Now i cant save anything. I tried to add a HBO channel. Heres the debug log

http://pastebin.com/8ieKGwEu

As a matter of interest how are you working out which program belongs to which network channel ? Also an ok button to submit when creating a new playlist would really help us remote control users Smile Excellent job though, im so impressed.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

While XBMC doesn't currently allow smart playlists to filter by TV network, a call JSON call to get all TV shows allows me to see what shows you have and it also returns what network they belong to. So I populate the config list with the available networks from your library and when I need to build a playlist I just add all of the shows that belong to that network individually to it.

Can you do the same thing you did (open channel config, change a channel, exit) to reproduce the issue with it not saving, but first go to Settings->System->Debugging and enable debug logging? Thanks for the help.

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-03-31

Still having an issue here. I think the problem is that I don't have any shows for the Bravo network, for instance. You'd probably say, "Don't add a Bravo channel", but perhaps it's an easy fix.

Here's the playlist the configuration editor is making for Bravo:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Bravo</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <limit>250</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

I'm pretty sure this will just grab any show, if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to get a debug log to you later if that helps, but I'm thinking this is the source of the problem. If there's no fix and the solution is simply not to include the channel, that's fine with me. Thanks again.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

Ah, ok, so that's a second fix I need to make for this issue...nice catch!

Ok, another fix is up...I'm crossing my fingers that this one does the trick...

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-03-31

Wow. I made my post and refreshed GitHub, and there was already a fix pushed...hehe Now, that's service.

Anyway, I pulled the latest changes and ran it again, and it looked like it didn't work. I deleted my M3Us and generated XSPs, and now it is properly skipping channels with no shows. So, I believe it's working perfectly on my end. I'll let you know if anything else comes up, but it's pretty amazing thus far. Thanks for your hard work.

One question--which is going to sound nit-picky, but is more like "I'm not at full capacity yet this morning"--the word "Always" is confusing me in the add-on settings. Where it says "Always show channel logo", does this mean there are instances in which it will and some in which it won't? Or is this synonymous with simply "Display channel logo"? Minor question...thanks again for your help.

- danz0l - 2011-03-31

Jason102 Wrote:Can you do the same thing you did (open channel config, change a channel, exit) to reproduce the issue with it not saving, but first go to Settings->System->Debugging and enable debug logging? Thanks for the help.

OK jason heres the debug log. Incidentally i redownloaded and tried with the latest github pre stable and had the same results.

http://pastebin.com/seXn33pQ

Also on the mixed mixed genre type should we be able to select more than one genre ? as i cant seem to follow how to add another ?

And to add to that, on TV Network, would it be possible to add multiple networks to one channel. The reason for this is how the TVDB indexes networks at times. Heres a classic example

BBC
BBC Four
BBC One
BBC ONE
BBC one
BBC Three
BBC Two

These were all picked up from my shows in the database. As you can see its case sensitive with 3 BBC one variations. All of these could easily be combined into just one BBC channel if we could add multiple networks to the playlist.

Hope the debug helps and i'm amazed how you've progressed this addon.

- Jason102 - 2011-03-31

Still looking into this issue where settings aren't saved...I can't reproduce it myself. Also, the problem where only a single episode is shown in Serial Mode. Weird.

@danz0l: I've thought about combining channels that start in the same way (BBC One, BBC Two) but I had issues deciding how to actually determine if channels are similar or not. It's something I'll continue to consider. As far as the case issue goes, I ignore case for most things but apparently forgot this. I will change it so all of your BBC One variants only show up under a single item.

The Mixed Genre type is actually just meant to support movies and TV shows in a single channel. The list that is given is all of the genres that are shared between the two categories, based on your library.

You mention adding multiple genres or multiple networks to a single channel...and I don't know about that. The tool is meant to be very simple and give you a good amount of flexibility, but not really complete flexibility. That's the reason smart playlists are there still, you can create whatever you want. Of course that's not yet true of combining TV networks...but I don't know if I want to "fix" the issue before it's just fixed in XBMC.

@TheOddLinguist: I suppose you're right, Always Display is really the same as just Display. I just wanted to emphasize that it will always be on the screen, even while just playing video.

- jetshred - 2011-03-31

I can't get this plugin to work. No matter what I've done I just get "No valid channel data". I have created playlists per the instructions. I've tried with no playlists and still the same thing. I have tried with 10.1 and pre11. Same issue with both. I am running XBMC on a Mac using MySQL for the library. Could that be a reason this would not work?