Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

Loving it! - sanicle - 2011-04-02

I discovered this earlier today and both myself and my housemate love it. We often spend as much time deciding what to watch over dinner as we do actually watching it, and channel surfing on the TV is useless because there's almost never anything worth watching on. This addresses both issues and we both love the experience. Keep up the good work!

- jtucker1972 - 2011-04-02

Just tested the latest stable-pre. Much better performance. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

- User 55003 - 2011-04-03

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, new stable-pre version. Improved the speed of the new settings stuff, which affects the overall speed of the channel configuration. Added Ok and Cancel buttons to the same utility. Set the channel type to "None" as opposed to just a blank type to get rid of a channel. Some small random fixes.

Nice work Jason102, much appreciated, this addon is my fav and gets a lot of use Big Grin

I updated my version of the Night skin to include the channel config section. Feel free to hack out the script.pseudotv.ChannelConfig.xml and associated images and use in Zepfan or mcborzu take on the skin.

DOWNLOAD

Updated custom playlist button (no focus/focus)
updated OK & Cancel buttons with Nights <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>

- zepfan - 2011-04-03

I've been a little busy lately, is that .XML something you made, or included in package default now?

zepfan Wrote:I've been a little busy lately, is that .XML something you made, or included in package default now?

It is included in the stable-pre default skin.

- zepfan - 2011-04-03

Great! I'll look into that on Tuesday when I finally have some time! I'm going to redo/fix most of my skins to get them ready for the release so if anyone has any complaints/feedback on any of mine listed in my sig, comment and I'll work on it. My main focus are Neon and !T, unless asked for others.

Also, Steve, is there anyway to make that work with font sizes for the default Night? I know Jason wanted a skin that works with the normal night release so it's easy for non-advanced users. Between us all we have 3 and none work the default! I like the other two far better, so I won't work on mine unless asked.

zepfan Wrote:Great! I'll look into that on Tuesday when I finally have some time! I'm going to redo/fix most of my skins to get them ready for the release so if anyone has any complaints/feedback on any of mine listed in my sig, comment and I'll work on it. My main focus are Neon and !T, unless asked for others.

Also, Steve, is there anyway to make that work with font sizes for the default Night? I know Jason wanted a skin that works with the normal night release so it's easy for non-advanced users. Between us all we have 3 and none work the default! I like the other two far better, so I won't work on mine unless asked.

Yep I can do that. I haven't used the official repo ver, but I could dl it and refresh my memory as to what fonts were used before they were updated to Unicode fonts, but hopefully mcborzu will soon push the latest ver to the repo and solve that problem.

Hmm, skin.night-1.4.7 has a font13 @ size 14 which is a bit small..

- zepfan - 2011-04-03

Yea, now that I think about it, that's likely why we all didn't use it.

- User 55003 - 2011-04-05

Hi Jason102, may I make a small suggestion/tweak to the readability of the EPGWindow.py. Seeing as the focused show has a background texture maybe change the focused colour of the text from focusedColor='FF7d7d7d' to focusedColor='FFFFFFFF'.

Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point..

Before:

After:

It will not look the best for skins with a plain white focus texture, so if not, that's cool, easy hack Wink

- mcborzu - 2011-04-05

Steveb Wrote:Hi Jason102, may I make a small suggestion/tweak to the readability of the EPGWindow.py. Seeing as the focused show has a background texture maybe change the focused colour of the text from focusedColor='FF7d7d7d' to focusedColor='FFFFFFFF'.

Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point..

Before:

After:

It will not look the best for skins with a plain white focus texture, so if not, that's cool, easy hack Wink

I might use this one for Night and the one I made for 'The Carmichael' with some graphical tweaks...I was struggling on a new design, I dont like things being identical as whats done before...

No probs mcborzu, feel free to use/change what you like. I used your textures and some code Smile

- mcborzu - 2011-04-05

Steveb Wrote:Seeing as the focused show has a background texture maybe change the focused colour of the text from focusedColor='FF7d7d7d' to focusedColor='FFFFFFFF'.

So thats possible - to change thew focus text color? Did you have to change the defaults.xml?, in my quick search of the thread while coding PseudoTV I saw others say it cant be done so I never investigated further...

mcborzu Wrote:So thats possible - to change thew focus text color? Did you have to change the defaults.xml?, in my quick search of the thread while coding PseudoTV I saw others say it cant be done so I never investigated further...

That's a edit to the EPGWindow.py of the addon. I was making a suggestion to Jason102 for a change to the code..

Search EPGWindow.py for focusedColor='FF7d7d7d' , you should find two..Then change the colour.

- Jason102 - 2011-04-05

That certainly does help, but I don't think it would be as effective with all of the skins. This really goes back to the need to have the skins be able to specify some of these values. I think the original plan that was just never done should work: each skin has a button with some specific id put in that's set to not visible. PseudoTV will pick up random values from it and use those. I'm just python has access to that info, I'll test it out later and if I get it to work then the skin designers can handle the rest.

- Jason102 - 2011-04-05

So python does not have the ability to read the colors set in any control button in an xml. I can, though, read what labels are. Here is what I added to an xml:

Code:
<control type="button" id="100">
    <visible>false</visible>
    <label>0xFF000000</label>
    <label2>0xFFFFFFFF</label2>
</control>

The first label is the un-focused text color, the second is the focused text color. If a skin doesn't have this control then the current color scheme will be used. What do you guys think of this crappy but functional solution?