Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- ghostelement - 2011-04-17

Feature request: can we get Tv parental ratings? Would like to see these in the guide info and on screen when watching a show and the more info button is pressed. Thoughts?

- mwkurt - 2011-04-17

Turbomofo,

Looks to me like you have created a "Movies" playlist and put TV Shows into it.
If you want TV Show episodes, try changing your playlist type to "episodes" and change Match to "one". That should get you some results back from the playlist you have shown us.
Now if you want movies, make a playlist with type "movies" as you have done and pick a genre or path or whatever you have that will get you some movies.
If you want a mixed playlist that will will return TV show episodes and movies, you need to combine the two playlists that you made above.
Hope this helps.
Mark

- TurboMofo - 2011-04-17

Hi, I was using movies because nothing else plays in XBMC for some reason. When I browse to a directory where a TV show is, there is nothing in the folder. I tried episodes, mixed, and video in the playlist, but nothing.

A good example of this is Star Trek. I made a custom channel with Star Trek, but I wanted to include the TV shows as well as the movies, so I selected mixed. It didn't bring up the channel. I tried video and that didn't work either. When I set it to movies, it works fine, but only shows movies and not TV shows.

At this point I am trying to figure out why XBMC sees my TV show directories as empty, whereas all the movie directories are fine.

Any suggestions?

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-04-17

Any updates on when/if the changes to JSON are going to be incorporated for nightly users?

- Jason102 - 2011-04-17

If you don't see anything in the TV Shows section of XBMC, then it isn't scraping your shows. You should look into getting them scraped, or tv show smart playlists won't find anything.

As far as JSON in nightly builds go, I got a version a few days ago and was able to modify the queries so that they work. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the nightlys (nightlies?) so that it won't return duration information for anything. I can probably make it run, but it'll be slow since manual parsing of durations is necessary.

Someone asked about music playlists. The answer is: I've never tried putting them in. It may work properly with only minor changes, or...not. I'll check it out soon.

- TurboMofo - 2011-04-17

Jason, that was exactly it. My noobishness led me to think it was the Addon. I rescraped all of my sources and its all tits-up now. Thanks!

- Spaggi - 2011-04-18

Quote:As far as JSON in nightly builds go, I got a version a few days ago and was able to modify the queries so that they work. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the nightlys (nightlies?) so that it won't return duration information for anything. I can probably make it run, but it'll be slow since manual parsing of durations is necessary.

Brilliant! Thanks for your effort, can't wait for the running version

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-04-18

Spaggi Wrote:Brilliant! Thanks for your effort, can't wait for the running version

Yeah, what he said Smile

- danz0l - 2011-04-18

Hi Jason, any news on the json issue with nighties ? I'm running xbmc pvr branch now which is using nighties as the source branch and now PseduoTV has been rendered inoperable Sad

- Jason102 - 2011-04-18

So bad news and bad news. It appears that not only is the duration still not reported properly from JSON in the newest XBMC build, but changes to the way Python is done prevent PseudoTV from using the parsers I wrote in order to parse files on shared network directories. I have put in a bug request for the duration issue, so hopefully that will be fixed relatively soon. I will fix the problem with JSON not working at all so that if you are using files on non-network shares (or alternatively if you map those shares to a drive) then you can still use PseudoTV, albeit the parsing will slow the channel creation down a bit.

I will continue searching for a way to read SMB files from Python since this is how I map all of my files, and it would be a shame to lose all of the work I put into those video parsers...

- danz0l - 2011-04-18

Thanks Jason and hope for a fix soon (wife is really now missing PseudoTV lol).

I dont use PseudoTV on smb anyway as i found the parsing was way to slow and pretty much gave up. Mind youi that was on earlier builds.

I wish i knew how to code. I'd love to take what you've done and transmit the smartplaylists as seperate channels using the IPTV protocol. This would then intergrate with live pvr xbmc channels and would be just amazing. You pretty much have all the code there, i.e. the creation of timeline, channel, titles etc, but obviously would need a server addon and more indepth knowledge of IPTV. Something for some clever guy to think about latter on in the plugins development though. How amazing would it be to have live TV alongside virtual ones from your own tv shows.

- GJones - 2011-04-19

I was testing out the stable-pre build and have an issue. When I open channel configuration under Configure, it always opens in the background. This happens in Confluence, Night and Aeon Nox for me.

Any ideas?

- Jason102 - 2011-04-19

Interesting. I have seen this in one skin (don't remember which one off hand), but not in Confluence, at least. It should be an easy fix, though. In resources/skins/default/720p/script.pseudotv.ChannelConfig.xml there is a line that sets the zorder. Change this to some other value (10, 20, whatever) and it should (hopefully) work.

I am still working on the fix for the current daily XBMC build. Getting closer step-by-step to something usable. Believe me, I will release something to stable-pre as soon as I can.

- GJones - 2011-04-19

No rush. I just wanted to report it. I thought it might cause much more issues for those less familiar with XBMC.

- Sranshaft - 2011-04-20

Really hope a fix comes soon. I've been unable to use this great addon for the past week and a half because of the duration bug. Sad