Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- primetime34 - 2011-04-23

Any way to get PseudoTV to work with 30-second skip ahead and 30-second skip back? It works in normal movie viewing but the same button press doesn't work inside PseudoTV. Am I missing something?

- Pete7 - 2011-04-24

Hey, I don't know if anyone else experiences this but after I run pseudotv and then exit xbmc I get a runtime error in windows. This is running Transparency.

- publicENEMY - 2011-04-24

Jason102 Wrote:I haven't posted a new version in a while, so I figured I'd tell everyone what's coming:

- Easy channel configuration. No more "Channel_x" naming scheme will be necessary.

- Faster channel switching

- OSD support (important, especially for subtitle control)

- Basic channel generation based on a few different fields:
* TV Network
* Movie Studio
* TV Genre
* Movie Genre
* Mix of movies and TV shows, based on genre
* A channel of a single show. This can be random or in order, and can be done in "serial mode". This new mode will pause the channel when you switch to a different channel and always resume where it left off...should make watching a show in order easy!

- Ability to reset all channels on every start

- Have PseudoTV act like it is playing when it's turned off (won't resume where you quit).

the most important features (at least to me) are xbmc subtitle changing/searching support and play by schedule(wont resume where you quit).

- Jason102 - 2011-04-24

I'll look into the 30-sec skip issue.

I haven't had an issue with runtime errors when exiting...anyone else see this?

You should be able to open the OSD and change subtitles with the newest version. I still am going to put in the whole "act like it's playing when it's off" thing, but I need to get PseudoTV working with the daily builds first.

- primetime34 - 2011-04-25

I have a particular sets of movies that I have put the whole video_ts folder into my library. Pseudotv does not seem to recognize those when populating channels. Does that seem right? Is there a possibility of adding that support if it isn't there? Thanks.

- publicENEMY - 2011-04-25

Jason102 Wrote:I haven't had an issue with runtime errors when exiting...anyone else see this?

I also had an issue with runtime errors when exiting. This hasnt happen before. Not even with tv time. xbmc will definitely crash when exiting when pseudo tv is run at least once. not really a problem for me though.

- GJones - 2011-04-25

primetime34 Wrote:I have a particular sets of movies that I have put the whole video_ts folder into my library. Pseudotv does not seem to recognize those when populating channels. Does that seem right? Is there a possibility of adding that support if it isn't there? Thanks.

Video_ts folders don't have "clean" durations. This may present a problem.

- Jason102 - 2011-04-25

GJones is probably right. I jump through hoops to get the durations of the video files even if XBMC doesn't know them, and I currently have no way of determining the duration of a video_ts directory. Now that I think about it, there really is no definite way to determine the duration since it can have loops and sit there indefinitely. I may try and figure something out for this in the future, but I think you are in the minority with this issue (sorry). One option may be to just convert those videos into mp4 files (I'm a fan of Handbrake).

- GJones - 2011-04-25

Or if you need to convert without degradation, something like makemkv.

- primetime34 - 2011-04-26

Jason102 Wrote:GJones is probably right. I jump through hoops to get the durations of the video files even if XBMC doesn't know them, and I currently have no way of determining the duration of a video_ts directory. Now that I think about it, there really is no definite way to determine the duration since it can have loops and sit there indefinitely. I may try and figure something out for this in the future, but I think you are in the minority with this issue (sorry). One option may be to just convert those videos into mp4 files (I'm a fan of Handbrake).

I certainly have no problem doing that, and use handbrake to convert most of them, but for these particular ones, I like the kids to be able to use the dvds because of the quizzes you can take afterwards. I hadn't thought about the duration issue, but that does make sense. I totally understand that I am in the minority and was hoping there was something I was missing but if it isn't possible.........it's still a great plugin. Big Grin

- zepfan - 2011-04-27

Jason which key does the OSD in Pseudo? I've tried them all on my remote, so I'll have to set a new key.

- espengaasemyr - 2011-04-28

zepfan Wrote:Jason which key does the OSD in Pseudo? I've tried them all on my remote, so I'll have to set a new key.

M

- zepfan - 2011-04-28

espengaasemyr Wrote:M

Is that the normal Key?

- Jason102 - 2011-04-28

I assume so, I got it from here.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-04-28

Jason, I've finally released my next version of TV Time based on your latest code base. My threading approach does not add much overhead to the script. My testing has shown nominal CPU and memory difference running the script versus XBMC running without the script.

When troubleshooting some threading issues, I noticed where sometimes the timer threads were not closing properly. Adding some threading.enumerate logging will identify which thread is still open when XBMC crashes. To fix this, in the end function, wrap a try except around each timer so if one timer throws an exception the other timers will still exit properly. Currently there is just one try for all the timers. This was the source of the XBMC crashing on script exit. At least it was for me.

Thanks for a great code base to work from. Hopefully some of the things I've added you may find beneficial for your version in the future. I was able to get Music channels working for example.