Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- User 55003 - 2011-05-04

Ok.., your in big trouble..Smile

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-04

Steveb Wrote:SORRY THAT WAS MYsHIT ..******Dushe Bag Smile
Shocked
Steveb Wrote:Ok.., your in big trouble..Smile

And what?

Ok ..

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-04

Steveb Wrote:Ok ..

Hmm ok man. Just asked a simple question and get a dumb answer. I'll just wait for the dev to post.

i'M jUST GETIN UP... fu dushe,, CYA

- DanVan - 2011-05-04

Jason102 Wrote:DanVan and/or LupinSansei - Can you please go to the settings, system, debugging, and enable debug logging, then start PseudoTV. After it fails, can you please post the resultant log file? Thanks.

Edit: I just noticed that DanVan's log does have debug info if I scroll down a bit...I'll check it out.

Edit 2: It appears that you don't actually have any movies or TV shows scraped into your library. Do you have some?

Hmm I guess I dont understand how this works?
I thought this just included TV shows and such
do i need a seperate addon for TV stations?
Sorry, thank for you helping a noob

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-05

DanVan Wrote:Hmm I guess I dont understand how this works?
I thought this just included TV shows and such
do i need a seperate addon for TV stations?
Sorry, thank for you helping a noob

From my understanding it just scans your video library (shows and movies on your hard drive) and puts them in their own channel things like an actual TV guide would.

- zepfan - 2011-05-05

LupinSansei Wrote:From my understanding it just scans your video library (shows and movies on your hard drive) and puts them in their own channel things like an actual TV guide would.

Yup. You can make your own channels the old fashioned way (Channel_1.xsp, etc) or use the setup program.

- Jason102 - 2011-05-05

Yes, you require an existing video library to use this script.

Another version up in stable-pre. This one updates the Night skin (thanks Steveb), adds spanish translation (thanks CyberXaz), and adds background updating.

The background updating is designed to work best with the real-time mode. In "real time" mode, what you see on the EPG will play at the time that's shown. Background updating makes sure you always have at least 5 days worth of information in the future. Basically, the channel information is constantly updated so that it will make sure the EPG is always correct, plus it will change up the playlist, cycle in anything new you've added to the library, etc. Presuming you watch PseudoTV once every 5 days or so, you should never really see the channels spend a long time updating on startup.

So, try it out and see if it works for you. As always, report any bugs that you see. I'm a bit scared there will be some bizarre multithreading bugs, but I haven't seen any on my systems yet so I'm at least hopeful.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-06

I'm still getting "no valid channel data found" even with debugging enabled. I'm in Windows 7 at the moment and not sure where my logs are kept so I can post it.

- Jason102 - 2011-05-06

Are your video files on network shares?

Jason102 Wrote:Are your video files on network shares?

Nah, all my files are on the same PC.

- zepfan - 2011-05-06

Code:
Where is my (debug) log?
IMPORTANT! The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System.
The location depends on your windows version:

1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log
2. Vista/Win7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

zepfan Wrote:
Code:
Where is my (debug) log?
IMPORTANT! The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System.
The location depends on your windows version:

1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log
2. Vista/Win7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

Thanks for the info! Ok, I got my log now. I hope this helps somehow?

*Editing it*

- Jabroni - 2011-05-06

Thanks for making this great script! My wife loves it and is really looking forward to the "real time" mode.

Would it be possible to add an option to set the 'limit' of X number of episodes per series for the channel playlists? I think if that option were there, I could finally get her to create her own channels and get the results she is looking for Smile