Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- jtucker1972 - 2011-05-19

Pete7 Wrote:I think you have to close xbmc with the close window button 'x' in windowed mode. This is where I have problems when exiting psuedotv and then closing xbmc.

Exactly. This is with PseudoTV.

- zepfan - 2011-05-19

wimpy Wrote:Image

EDIT: i mean the bottom part with information.

is there a way to hide this popping up? when i change a channel it first displays this then the other information (which i can toggle in the config).

btw: Sranshaft thanks for the above help on the channel logos Smile

It looks like MQ2. You can, but you'll disable that from showing when you start all videos, not just in PseudoTV. When you press "Info" the normal window will show in normal video playing but just not when it starts. Is that ok with you? I can help remove it as I've done it for my MQ2 as well.

- wimpy - 2011-05-19

zepfan Wrote:It looks like MQ2. You can, but you'll disable that from showing when you start all videos, not just in PseudoTV. When you press "Info" the normal window will show in normal video playing but just not when it starts. Is that ok with you? I can help remove it as I've done it for my MQ2 as well.

Yea I'd like some help on that if it's not too much bother Smile I thought it was MQ2 doing it as I didn't find anything in the pseudo xml files about it.

- Will_S. - 2011-05-19

hi jason, thanks for the update.

I want to report a little bug: filling the channels in resume-mode stops with empty playlists (smart playlist presets), again. with real-time and random there is now problem.

btw. is there a place, where I can read about your ambitions with 'show scheduling' mentioned in some earlier posts?

will;

- Jason102 - 2011-05-19

Quote:filling the channels in resume-mode stops with empty playlists (smart playlist presets)

Ah, weird, I'll test it out. Thanks for the bug report. In the mean time, can you get a debug log for me?

Quote:is there a place, where I can read about your ambitions with 'show scheduling'

Heh, not really, I haven't written it anywhere. So I guess this is as good a place as any to explain it.

Now that I have real-time mode in place, this is possible. My intent is to allow the user to specify a time and day(s) of the week to play a certain show. The show will actually be a playlist they are specifying and each use of the "show" will just take the next item from the playlist and insert it in at the proper time. I may even resort to shuffling around the existing playlist as it's created to make sure I get the scheduled show in at as near the selected time as possible.

An example. I've mentioned before that my wife used to watch Friends on weekdays at 5:30 and 6. So we currently have a Comedy channel that plays random comedy shows and movies. My wife would use the smart playlist editor and create a Friends playlist that just has all of the episodes in airdate order. This will make it so that the channel still plays in its random order, except the scheduled times that will be in order. When PseudoTV creates the comedy channel, it will recognize at what time things will end up playing (because of real-time mode). At the time in the channel playlist that will happen at 5:30, it will insert the first item in the Friends playlist that was made into the channel. At 6 it will insert the next item. On the next day it will insert the next item at 5:30 again and so on.

As I mentioned, this is all just ideas at the moment, but most of the pieces are in place to allow this to work. Since the channels aren't on a normal 30-minute schedule, I may have to switch the order of a list as it's generated to fit in the selected episode to as close to the specified time as possible...I can't guarantee I can play it at 5:30 always, but I will try to get it as close as possible.

Hope that clarifies things.

- Will_S. - 2011-05-19

this is the part in log file, where it meets the custom playlist preset_4, Crime TV. I don't have any crime shows. so cpu runs to 100%, progress bar stops, 'Cancel' don't work and I have to kill xbmc. It's the same with other *.xsp, that can't find any content.

I'm using Dharma 10.1 on Kubuntu 10.10.

hope this will help you.

will;

Code:
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: setupChannel 4
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: makeChannelList 4
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: getSmartPlaylistType
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: buildFileList
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: sendJSON
22:01:16 T:2907671408 M:1064407040   DEBUG: GetEpisodesByWhere query: select * from episodeview WHERE (idShow in (select idShow from genrelinktvshow join genre on genre.idGenre=genrelinktvshow.idGenre where genre.strGenre LIKE 'Crime')) ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: {
                                               "id" : 1,
                                               "jsonrpc" : "2.0",
                                               "result" : {
                                                  "end" : 0,
                                                  "start" : 0,
                                                  "total" : 0
                                               }
                                            }
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 4
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: clearPlaylistHistory
22:01:16 T:2840529776 M:1064407040   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: channel not valid, ignoring
22:01:42 T:3006073712 M:1064132608   DEBUG: Thread 3006073712 terminating (autodelete)
22:01:42 T:2775260016 M:1064132608   DEBUG: Thread 2775260016 terminating (autodelete)
22:01:44 T:3077400432 M:1064656896   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib-i486-linux.so)
22:01:44 T:3077400432 M:1064656896   DEBUG: Unloading: ImageLib-i486-linux.so

Fillers to round it out to 30 minute cycles? - plasticmonkey - 2011-05-20

Hi,

May i say your program is just what i was hoping for i have been dreaming of something like this for a long time. That said. Maqy i ask you if you misght add a certin functionality?

I also use Cenima Experance in which you can specify certin directoyr with davertisements you download or make your self and also bumpers. Could you add something like this?

The way i see it is when it creates the playlists it checks length and then picks at random from directorys with bumpers specified for each channel (made or aquired by the user) or advertisements or shorts such as little cartoons but chooses a selections of any compination that will round the time off to the thirty minute style schedual to be played eather before or after the series/movie.

I could see people makeing station bumpers/announcements for each style of channel or get personalized ones. there are already tons of people that do this for the Cenima Experance for Theator Inros and Preview Intros and such it wouldent be hard to do the same for Pseudo-Stations.

also is there any websites that have station art for the various types of stations you can make for this wonderfull program kinda lie the ones you have for the movie style ones.

This is one of my all time favorite Programs.
Thank You so much for your genus and forsight! Laugh

- Pete7 - 2011-05-20

Earlier I was watching movies and almost went for the 'last channel' button. This might be a nice addition to psuedotv.

- Jason102 - 2011-05-20

I've considered bumpers in the past, but personally don't find them very appealling. That doesn't mean that it will never happen, it just will probably be pushed back until after I've implemented all of the major core functionality changes that I have in mind. You might want to look at TV Time...it's PseudoTV with several additions (like bumpers) that people may want but I'm too stubborn to put in.

- Jason102 - 2011-05-20

A last channel button...very good idea. I'll add this as well as a Live TV button to go to what is current if any time shifting was done (real-time mode only).

- Abe Froman - 2011-05-20

Is there a way to make the EPG guide order inverted from how it is now ... so that pressing up arrow moves up a channel number (so channels would show in descending order)... I can edit my own skin to do this if needed...just point me in the right direction.

- Abe Froman - 2011-05-20

primetime34 Wrote:Any way to get PseudoTV to work with 30-second skip ahead and 30-second skip back? It works in normal movie viewing but the same button press doesn't work inside PseudoTV. Am I missing something?

Did you figure this out?

- primetime34 - 2011-05-20

Abe Froman Wrote:Did you figure this out?

Nope. Hoping it can be implemented soon.

- wimpy - 2011-05-20

i have a question.. i have alot of small clips (20-40 seconds in length) in a playlist which i want to be able to add to pseudotv. i need to know if you use <runtime> or <durationinseconds> tag to plan the EPG.

currently i've tried both and no luck. it adds the playlist to pseudotv, but it will not for the life of me add it to the pseudo EPG when it loads channels.

Is there a problem with files having less then a minute long runtime or am i doing something wrong?

EDIT: if i set <runtime>25</runtime> it takes it as 25 minutes and not 25 seconds which the video is. so i'm guessing you use this field to plan the EPG ? if so; not possible to add movies/clips below 1 minute?

EDIT2: the files i have that i want added are random gameplay movies of emulator games which i thought would be a nice "channel" to have to browse through while bored =)

EDIT3: would it be possible to solve this by using <durationinseconds> if no <runtime> is found? would this solve it?

- Jason102 - 2011-05-20

Quote:Is there a way to make the EPG guide order inverted from how it is now

Not currently. I've considered add this as an option in the past, but always end up on some other feature. I'll put it on my to-do list.

Quote:30-second skip ahead and 30-second skip back?

I have yet to do this. It should be a relatively simple change, I just never added it to my list and proceeded to immediately forget. I'll add it to my list and (hopefully) it will go into the next version.

Quote:<runtime> or <durationinseconds> tag

I don't use either. I get the duration directly from XBMC, and I don't know which of those it uses. So really I can't be of much help here. I know there was talk about this earlier, but I don't remember the resolution. Does anyone know how these tags are used in XBMC? Are they actually put into the db or are they just read from the nfo when needed?