Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-21

rtwight Wrote:Could be that if the nfo file has it as 81 min instead of 81 mins, when you scrape the movie it thinks the time is 81 min instead of just 81.

Going to play around with it and see if that resolves it. MIght mean i have to rebuild my library Sad but could be that the scraper has change and my nfo files were older and never updated. I really never paid attention to the duration Smile

Aye. The way XBMC handles the duration changed some where between Camelot and Dharma. It's now a property of the video and should look something like this:

Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>xvid</codec>
                <aspect>1.904762</aspect>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>336</height>
                [b]<durationinseconds>4514</durationinseconds>[/b]
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language></language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

- rtwight - 2011-01-21

so do any of the scraper programs save it in this format yet as i use ember and it still grabs it in minutes?

will have to check about the audio / video stuff to see if it adds that now.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-21

rtwight Wrote:so do any of the scraper programs save it in this format yet as i use ember and it still grabs it in minutes?

will have to check about the audio / video stuff to see if it adds that now.

I'm not sure to be honest. I had made a program to do this kind of thing myself but in the end I just use XBMC's built-in scrapers now.

Try exporting your database to separate files, Video > Library > Export database and see if that helps. Otherwise you may need to delete all of those NFOs and allow XBMC to rescrape your entire library. It's a hassle I know but best to do it now and have everything set up correctly than wait and have even more to fix in the future.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-21

For those of you using reFocus, I've just released a skin for it. I had to include the addon because I had to change some of the hardcoded positions for the EPG to look proper. This is what I came up with. I want to be able to highlight the current channel and show but that'll come at a later date.

@Jason: I've started looking into the ins and outs of python scripting for XBMC to give you a hand on the skinning side of things. I'm hoping to be able to extend the overlay screen to include show information and whatnot.

Hope that's cool with you. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-21

@Sranshaft: The skin looks great! I'm certainly not opposed to any assistance you're willing to provide.

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-01-22

I don't know if this helps anyone with the duration issues, but I've opted to remove the <duration> tag from my NFO files. XBMC reads it from the file anyway...and given the possibility of different actual durations from one copy of a movie to another, I prefer that over what the scraper grabs from its source.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-22

absoluty awsome plugin there man.. i have a few small issues but reading this thread you already know about them.

im amazed at the work you have done..

quick question
is there a way to make this plugin respect the "info" command.
im making a guess here... the fact that this is a script makes that more difficult.

anyway badass plugin script whatever..

helpfull tip for better plugin access
add this to confluence home menu.
i run in portable mode. change the working directory in the quotes to your xbmc addon directory
drop a picture called xbmctv.jpg into your skin/backgrounds directory
i named it xbmc tv since im using dharma (no pvr)
Quote:<item id="24">
<label>XBMC TV</label>
<onclick>RunScript(C:\Progra~1\XBMC\portable_data\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-b257123\default.py)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/XBMCTV.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_channels_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

thanks again

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-22

ryan03rr Wrote:is there a way to make this plugin respect the "info" command.

That's exactly what I'm working on at the moment. I was looking for something like as well so I though I'd give Jason a hand and try it out.

I've got it recognizing the pressing of the info button and pop up an info window. Just need to flesh a few more things out before I hand it over to Jason for final approval.

- moontan77 - 2011-01-22

Will it be possible to get the epg display to be more fluid/smoother when moving down or across?

I know that there's a lot of information loaded but it would be great if it felt like windows mce tv guide when scrolling through the epg.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-22

@ryan03rr: Good tip on adding it to the home menu. My only suggestion would be to rename the plugin directory. After this is stable enough, I plan on adding it to the official repository, so the directory name will be script.PseudoTV. When I make releases this is also the directory name that I use. Only when downloading directly from the git repository is it different.

@Sranshaft: if you can get something like this working, that'd be great. The big issue that I ran into with this and the OSD is that I wouldn't be able to catch if the user pressed the Stop button.

@moontan77: I've been thinking about this for a while (even before the initial release) and I have a couple of ideas. I do want to look into helping the skinners before I mess with it, though, since any method I come up with may have to change to address the skinning accessibility issue. In other words, it'll come, but it may be a while.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-22

@jason: You should be able to add a stop action to the info window. At least that was my train of thinking.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-22

Ah, I understand...you're replacing my crapified channel numbers with a real info window. Yes, that could catch the Stop signal. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

- mcborzu - 2011-01-22

I wanted a comedy channel with both Movie and TV. What's the correct way do setup?

1. Create a Random Movie playlist with Genre Comedy
2. Create a Random Episode playlist with Genre Comedy
3. Create a mixed playlist and point to both playlists

Thats how I did it atleast, I'm at work now, just curious if thats the correct way as it didn't work unless I had some error in it. By didn't work i meant the playlist in general not this script, thx....

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-23

Sranshaft Wrote:That's exactly what I'm working on at the moment. I was looking for something like as well so I though I'd give Jason a hand and try it out.

I've got it recognizing the pressing of the info button and pop up an info window. Just need to flesh a few more things out before I hand it over to Jason for final approval.

This is now the absolutly most used plugin now,,, i have a media server
with 9.8t of content on it.... this plugin fixed the total mindfuck of selecting something to watch.

i would also like to do alittle work on this script.... i have never written one in my life but as a user back from the xbmp days... i figure this would be something i would want to work on.

anyway... this took xbmc from 105% to 120%
thanks...
RT

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-23

mcborzu Wrote:I wanted a comedy channel with both Movie and TV. What's the correct way do setup?

1. Create a Random Movie playlist with Genre Comedy
2. Create a Random Episode playlist with Genre Comedy
3. Create a mixed playlist and point to both playlists

Thats how I did it atleast, I'm at work now, just curious if thats the correct way as it didn't work unless I had some error in it. By didn't work i meant the playlist in general not this script, thx....

From what I remember, mixed playlists aren't supported but Jason will be working on it in the future.