Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Adam B. - 2011-06-03

Here's my debug log.

- Jason102 - 2011-06-03

Ok, changes to stable-pre. I believe I've fixed your issue Adam. Also, anyone that had issues with the EPG skipping, mwkurt specifically, please try to enable the webserver again (if it isn't still on) and use the latest stable-pre. I had added some code to properly use the webserver...but forgot to commit it. Yes, I'm brilliant. Anyway, try it out, hopefully it'll resolve that freezing issue.

Also, I've started a development blog for PseudoTV. Just a place that I'll talk about updates, the code itself, and all the useless details that you probably don't care about. Check it out here.

- stagecrew - 2011-06-04

So to clarify, pseudoTV simply doesn't work with nightly builds?
'Tis a shame, I love the script, but I don't have the time to reinstall Dharma.

- Jason102 - 2011-06-05

I believe that's the case. The nightlies have a feature critical to PseudoTV broken at the moment.

- Dyllanw - 2011-06-05

What a great addon this is!

Do have three questions though. Firstly, when I want to download subtitles while watching a movie or show, I have to press 'M' to get to the OSD menu. The problem is that both PseudoTV and Aeon Nox open their OSD-menu's. Luckily the keyboard controls the Aeon Nox OSD-menu first but when I start XBMC subtitles your PseudoTV menu is in the way, it is blocking the view so I have to randomly press soms buttons and hope that the right subtitle is downloaded. Is there a way this can be fixed?

Secondly, as mentioned I use the Aeon Nox skin. The EPG is great but I do miss the channelnumbers that appear to be on most skins (from the screens I've seen that is). Are you going to be adding that soon?

Last one: I have seen a screen were the channel logo was at the top righthand side and not at the bottom. Has that been changed and can it be changed back? Now the PseudoTV-logo is overlapping most network logo's and that looks pretty weird.

Thanks in advance and for this great addon!

EDIT: One more question; I have a few channels with only one show (Top Gear and The Simpsons among others). Would it be possible to have PseudoTV take the series logo as the channel logo?

- mcorcoran - 2011-06-07

Jason102: I figured out the issue I was having. A number of my files have custom nfo's with a runtime tag in them (for example <runtime>97 min</runtime>). I pretty sure this tag has been replaced with <durrationinseconds>. I'll try to write a script to update my nfo files. Just thought you'd like to know what's up.

- publicENEMY - 2011-06-08

am i the only one who have problem with pseudotv? im using windows xp by the way. the issue i have is when i execute pseudotv, nothing happens. used to work fine before(in windows 7). i just reformatted my pc.

- zepfan - 2011-06-10

TheOddLinguist Wrote:How about Simplicity?

It's done (hopefully) I'm waiting to hear back from igotdvds to see where he would like to me to include it. It looks very nice (if I do say so myself!)

Any other requests for skins?

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-06-10

zepfan Wrote:It's done (hopefully) I'm waiting to hear back from igotdvds to see where he would like to me to include it. It looks very nice (if I do say so myself!)

Any other requests for skins?
Great...can't wait. Thanks again for taking my request.

- jacky89 - 2011-06-10

Where do I download this addon? I'm using the latest nightly build and it is not listed in the addons?

- mwkurt - 2011-06-10

jacky89 Wrote:Where do I download this addon? I'm using the latest nightly build and it is not listed in the addons?

First page of this thread has the link.

Mark

- jacky89 - 2011-06-11

I don't see any addon zip files. I only see source files, which I don't know how to use. How do I use this for the Windows version of XBMC?

- mwkurt - 2011-06-11

First page -->Repository --->Downloads

There is a zip file and a tar file, pick the zip.

Mark

- jacky89 - 2011-06-11

Ok thanks I got it. However, I get the error "No valid channels found" on a recent nightly build. I know this has been reported before in this thread...

- ghaberek - 2011-06-12

I was having issues described earlier in this thread (video playback timeout, hanging while loading channels, etc.) so I just installed from the latest git repo. The channels load much faster now and playback starts almost immediately. However, I'm still having a couple issues (sorry if some of this is already covered in this epic 100+ page thread).

When I'm browsing the EPG and I get to the bottom and hit down again, XBMC locks up for a while but the video still plays in the background. I see these lines in the log file:

Code:
11:05:35 T:3520 M:2021871616 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
11:05:35 T:3520 M:2021916672 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

Also, the log file is littered with lines like these. It doesn't really seem to affect anything though.

Code:
11:05:27 T:5192 M:2021605376   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-807e088\resources\images/AMC.png
11:05:28 T:5192 M:2021597184   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-807e088\resources\images/CBS.png
11:05:28 T:5192 M:2021556224   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-807e088\resources\images/Comedy Central.png

Here is my latest log file: xbmc-20110612.log