Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-06-22

jacky89 Wrote:Yea, I just downloaded the newest version 06/21/11 and I'm using Pseudo TV 1.2.0.

Try grabbing pre-stable from the repo. That's the only one that worked for me with the nightlies (linux though).

Just a quick thought about streams... - jwilson11 - 2011-06-22

This is just something that came to me as I was falling asleep last night, but I was thinking that you could generate a 24hour long m4a file and then rtmpdump the live stream to it (assuming the stream is using flash of course). The benefit to this is that the file ends up in your library (so it can be included in the m3u file) and we could hijack a few of the description fields in the database to store the stream params (swfUrl, tcUrl, etc) which you then send to rtmpdump to start the stream.

I am not sure if this has any merit or is doable based on the current structure of the app. If you think its doable let me know and I will poke around and see what I can come up with.

- Jason102 - 2011-06-23

icecuban: There appears to be an issue with my AVI parser. I'll make a change and let you know so that you can retest.

clayfree: I'm not sure if there are nightly builds for ATV, but you need a bug fix that went in to it a few days ago. I'd suggest that you make sure that you have the latest XBMC nightly build.

Steveb: Odd, I'll mess with it. I must have broken it recently.

- jacky89 - 2011-06-23

zepfan Wrote:Try grabbing pre-stable from the repo. That's the only one that worked for me with the nightlies (linux though).

I downloaded Pseudo TV 1.0 from the repo and it still gives me the same error "No valid channels found". Is that the prestable version? I only see version 1.2 and 1.0 for download.

- User 55003 - 2011-06-24

jacky89 Wrote:I downloaded Pseudo TV 1.0 from the repo and it still gives me the same error "No valid channels found". Is that the prestable version? I only see version 1.2 and 1.0 for download.

Under the source tab is a drop down list named "switch branches(3)", select stable-pre and then download.

- zepfan - 2011-06-24

Steveb, maybe you would know, if not Jason or Sran, Can you use <colordiffuse>XXXXX</colordiffuse> (but for XXXXX set a "BackgroundColor" in place of the XML color code) for background colors to replace images? I'm trying to set up a good alaska skin, but it has so many user themes that I don't want to set one background. If not any idea what I can use to set a variable background based on colors.xml in the skin? Mine keeps freezing.

In case that isn't clear enough, can <colordiffuse> for background be variable like <textcolor> is?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and for the </control>!

If the background image is white or a diffused white/grey(anything but black) then yes that should work.

- zepfan - 2011-06-24

Steveb Wrote:If the background image is white or a diffused white/grey then yes that should work.

Yea, I'm trying to get a background effect that is the same as the home screen on alaska for each theme to show as the background in the epg. I think I've got a rough doing of it for now.

- jacky89 - 2011-06-24

Steveb Wrote:Under the source tab is a drop down list named "switch branches(3)", select stable-pre and then download.

Thanks Steveb, I downloaded the 1.2.0 stable-pre but still get the exact same "no valid channels found" error. I guess PseudoTV does not work with nightly builds under Windows 7.

- zepfan - 2011-06-24

Not important, but is there a reason you use nightlies?

- Sranshaft - 2011-06-24

jacky89 Wrote:Thanks Steveb, I downloaded the 1.2.0 stable-pre but still get the exact same "no valid channels found" error. I guess PseudoTV does not work with nightly builds under Windows 7.

Works fine for me.

@jacky89

Did some testing on Win7 machine..

Dharma 10.1,
Stable 1.2.0 - works, Stable-pre - Error script failed.

Nightlies 20110623-b2c2053,
Stable 1.2.0 - works, Stable-pre - works.

- ksosez - 2011-06-24

I am going to ask a stupid question.

Where can I find the "sources" option. I want to update to stable-pre to see if a couple bugs I have are fixed in it, but for the life of me I cant find it.

Anyone want to point me in the general direction so I dont feel like a complete idiot.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-06-24

Steveb Wrote:@jacky89

Did some testing on Win7 machine..

Dharma 10.1,
Stable 1.2.0 - works, Stable-pre - Error script failed.

Nightlies 20110623-b2c2053,
Stable 1.2.0 - works, Stable-pre - works.

The new FileLock feature Jason is adding in stable-pre does not work with Dharma 10.1. This is why it is giving you a script failed.

- clayfree - 2011-06-24

Jason102 Wrote:clayfree: I'm not sure if there are nightly builds for ATV, but you need a bug fix that went in to it a few days ago. I'd suggest that you make sure that you have the latest XBMC nightly build.

Thank you for looking at the log. I updated to the latest ATV2 nightly and it works!!! It's an impressive sight to see it run on that little box. Slower than my Win7 to load video and change channels but works well.

So now I'm ready to customize content and I need a little help. Can someone give me guidance in setting up a playlist based on a path. I have a folder of documentary videos on the network and I would like to set that as a channel. Most of the videos have no metadata. The channel config tool lets me choose based on genre or a defined tv series. I tried writing a custom playlist with a path and only a few videos show up. It looks like it is finding the videos that have metadata.

Any hints that would help me out?

Thanks for the great addon!