Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- User 55003 - 2011-06-24

Have a good look/play with smart playlists and the filters you can use Smile

- clayfree - 2011-06-24

Steveb Wrote:Have a good look/play with smart playlists and the filters you can use Smile

Hi Steveb,
I did try the smart playlists and was not able to configure a playlist based on a path. Can it be done and I'm just missing something?

- mwkurt - 2011-06-24

jtucker1972 Wrote:The new FileLock feature Jason is adding in stable-pre does not work with Dharma 10.1. This is why it is giving you a script failed.

What is this new "FileLock" feature?

Mark

- fabulous - 2011-06-25

am i missing something here?
ATV2 nighties from http://hadm.net/xbmc/latest_atv2.deb
darwin 11.0.0 Drawin Kernel version 11.0
xbmc pre-11 Git 20110618

download stable pre 1.2
and i run it, gets no valid channel data found....

am i missing something?

- zepfan - 2011-06-25

I redid Alaska today, I just wanted some opinions before I upload it. It changes backgrounds/colors based on the selected theme from the appearance menu. I think it looks really nice, and works well for all themes, not just the default one. The only issue (which isn't changeable) is the gap/hole in the info/epg background. They are built into the Alaska backgrounds themselves and since I use them, I can't change them. Should I stick with this (and make the font color change to the color that is used in the skin), or create one theme for all the themes? Thoughts?

Normal Theme Info window:

Normal Theme EPG Window:

Night Theme Info Window:

Night Theme EPG Window:

- clayfree - 2011-06-25

Quote:I redid Alaska today, I just wanted some opinions before I upload it. It changes backgrounds/colors based on the selected theme from the appearance menu. I think it looks really nice, and works well for all themes, not just the default one. The only issue (which isn't changeable) is the gap/hole in the info/epg background. They are built into the Alaska backgrounds themselves and since I use them, I can't change them. Should I stick with this (and make the font color change to the color that is used in the skin), or create one theme for all the themes? Thoughts?

Hey Zepfan,

Nice work! I really like the better use of space for the guide, much bigger. The white & black used for the grid is good also and should work over any video.

The hole in the graphic Alaska uses is just plain odd. Is it possible to use the extra graphics like the last skin you made? I was able to just drop in a new graphic to mach the "Grain" theme I use:

The only other thing I noticed is the channel bkgs and guide rows appear to be different heights.

- zepfan - 2011-06-25

clayfree Wrote:Hey Zepfan,

Nice work! I really like the better use of space for the guide, much bigger. The white & black used for the grid is good also and should work over any video.

The hole in the graphic Alaska uses is just plain odd. Is it possible to use the extra graphics like the last skin you made? I was able to just drop in a new graphic to mach the "Grain" theme I use:

The only other thing I noticed is the channel bkgs and guide rows appear to be different heights.

Do you use alaska or revisted? Revisited I'll have to do a whole other skin for as the font titles are different. Also the channel backs and guides look that way so there is a space between the tv show rows. Otherwise it's just a blob.

If you want it personally it's easy, I just commented out the background image. Just uncomment it out and drop those graphics like before, I'll add a comment line to the file so you know exactly what to do.

- jacky89 - 2011-06-25

fabulous Wrote:am i missing something here?
ATV2 nighties from http://hadm.net/xbmc/latest_atv2.deb
darwin 11.0.0 Drawin Kernel version 11.0
xbmc pre-11 Git 20110618

download stable pre 1.2
and i run it, gets no valid channel data found....

am i missing something?

I get the "no valid channel data found" on all the computers I tried it on. Weird. Is there a setting that needs to be set prior to running PseudoTV?

- clayfree - 2011-06-25

zepfan Wrote:Do you use alaska or revisted? Revisited I'll have to do a whole other skin for as the font titles are different. Also the channel backs and guides look that way so there is a space between the tv show rows. Otherwise it's just a blob.

If you want it personally it's easy, I just commented out the background image. Just uncomment it out and drop those graphics like before, I'll add a comment line to the file so you know exactly what to do.

Oops my bad, I use revisited.Shocked I see what you are talking about by leaving the gap. Thanks for the tip about adding in the replacement graphic.

- zepfan - 2011-06-25

Clayfree, don't use this one when I post it. I'll make a similar one by Tuesday for revisited.

- Jason102 - 2011-06-25

Update to stable-pre. This fixes the Filelock issue in Dharma as well as (i hope) the avi parsing issue that icecuban saw.

Filelock doesn't do much of anything right now but is there for use in future features. Speaking of which, after the bug release that will happen this weekend, the next release will be chock full of goodies...

For the several of you that get No Channel Data Found, please go to the addon settings and open up the channel configuration. Try to setup a few channels using that. My default set of channels is an attempt to be diverse enough so that anyone could have at least a couple of channels without spending the time to scan your library and create custom ones.

This is worth repeating since there has been confusion in the past: PseudoTV creates channels from your scraped library. If you do not have a scraped library then this plugin will not work for you.

- User 55003 - 2011-06-25

Jason102 Wrote:the next release will be chock full of goodies...

mmm goodies Big Grin

Another slow weekend, and another skin. Rolleyes

This time its another jezz_x skin "SLik" ...

Enjoy SLik Users Cool Download

- rudawgr - 2011-06-26

Ok guys I just find out about pseudotv and im train to set it up but i have no clue how to...there is no instruction on how to pseudotv addon any where!!! can some one please help me thanks

- rudawgr - 2011-06-26

pleasee some one can post a guide on how to set up pseudotv on apple tv 2g and how to add channels i been reading this furn for the past two days and there is no guide on how to set up the odd-on

- ksosez - 2011-06-26

Anyone having problems with certain tv shows not being added to the playlists of channels unless you select it on its own TV network?

For example Newsradio never shows up on NBC or the comedy channel, but I can create a channel with just newsradio tv but with only one episode (one I watched recently outside Psuedo TV but all of them are in the scraped library) (it shows up under the Tv Shows option).

Any ideas? (I just upgraded to 1.20-pre as well no luck fixing that)