Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- IanD - 2011-06-29

Does PseudoTV mark media as played (checkmark) when an episode is played in tV mode channel or wait till I actually view it?

thanks.
ian.

ps. or just point me to the relevant forum post ( sorry and thanks... )

- Jason102 - 2011-06-29

Should I be excited that I'm grabbing post 1337? Probably not...

IanD: I don't mark the media as viewed myself, and haven't seen this happen, but now that you ask I don't know for sure. I'm going to say that I don't believe so. Can anyone confirm one way or another?

TheOddLinguist: The episode title may be a valid request. I want it to just be a quick glance...just a hint as to what's going on. That essentially gets rid of the requirement for a description or season / episode numbering. And I still question whether episode title is important. Anyone else have an opinion?

- zepfan - 2011-06-30

So this is addition to checking the guide and clicking over in the info window? Will it be able to be turned off?

- Sranshaft - 2011-06-30

Jason102 Wrote:I'm not so sure. The information screen is great to look at that detailed information, but it takes up a reasonable portion of the screen. I would think the goal of the next show notification would be a simple glance at what's on next...it's not up long enough to get any real info besides the title from it. Otherwise I could just pop up the info screen again and have it show the next show. I would certainly think that the notification window should include the show icon, which it doesn't do right now.

What do you think? Would you want it to have more information? And if so, what else would you like to see?

I'd like to see a trimmed down version of the information window similar to this (imagine this is being used with the reFocus skin, other skins would vary).

- User 55003 - 2011-06-30

Jason102 Wrote:Actually I'm using a notification window built into XBMC to start with...much easier for me. I haven't tested it on multiple skins, though, so if there are problems then I may need to change to a small window. For now, no changes to be made.

I think the notification window is ok plus maybe the episode title.
What I'd really like is a new xml window with clearart with a fallback to episode thumb, not sure if its doable though Big Grin

No Channel data found error! - anis0315 - 2011-06-30

anis0315 Wrote:Can someone help me with this problem, every time I launch PseudoTV, it gives me "No valid channel data found" error. How do I add channels? I'm using ATV2 and PseudoTV 1.2.1. Thanks in advance!!!!

Jason can you please help me with this problem?

- zepfan - 2011-06-30

anis0315 Wrote:Jason can you please help me with this problem?

You can setup the channel configuration by going to settings-> add-ons -> programs -> Pseudo and editing the config.

You need to have videos scanned into your library.

EDIT: Also, try reading back a couple pages. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=825576&postcount=1316

- Jason102 - 2011-06-30

So many opinions on the next show window, I like it. I, personally, like Steveb's pic. Thing is, this is very similar to what I have / plan. It does make it transparent, which is pretty slick.

The only problem I have with your pic, Sranshaft, is that it seems like it may be a bit too intrusive. Given, we could make it a bit smaller, but at that point it would just be what I have now except that skinners would have control over it. Is that an important part for you guys?

Zepfan: I don't have an option to turn it off at the moment, but it can be added if people want it. In general I want to limit the options to as few as possible since it just complicates things. Have you tried out the current version of it? As I've said, my goal is that it doesn't get in the way. If I hear some people say that don't care for it, though, it wouldn't be difficult for me to add an option.

- jacky89 - 2011-06-30

anis0315 Wrote:Jason can you please help me with this problem?

anis0315, I'm having the same problem and I tried playing with about everything in the configuration but still get the "no valid channel data found". I think the issue might be it's unsupported in certain regions of the United States? Please post if you were able to resolve this issue and how. Thanks.

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-06-30

jacky89 Wrote:anis0315, I'm having the same problem and I tried playing with about everything in the configuration but still get the "no valid channel data found". I think the issue might be it's unsupported in certain regions of the United States? Please post if you were able to resolve this issue and how. Thanks.
It's not specific to a region; this addon uses your own library. If you don't have shows/movies added to your local library, you won't have any channels.

- anis0315 - 2011-07-01

zepfan Wrote:You can setup the channel configuration by going to settings-> add-ons -> programs -> Pseudo and editing the config.

You need to have videos scanned into your library.

EDIT: Also, try reading back a couple pages. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=825576&postcount=1316

TheOddLinguist Wrote:It's not specific to a region; this addon uses your own library. If you don't have shows/movies added to your local library, you won't have any channels.

@zepfan.....I went into the edit config, and I see few channels there, whenever I go to edit those channels, it just gives me the option to change them, but still doesn't work.

@OddLinguist........How do I add channels to my library?

No Channel data found error! - anis0315 - 2011-07-01

TheOddLinguist Wrote:It's not specific to a region; this addon uses your own library. If you don't have shows/movies added to your local library, you won't have any channels.

@zepfan......I went to the edit config, but still doesn't do anything.

@OddLinguist.......How do I add channels to my local library?

FYI: I'm trying to make this work on ATV2, not my computer.

- zepfan - 2011-07-01

anis0315 Wrote:@zepfan......I went to the edit config, but still doesn't do anything.

@OddLinguist.......How do I add channels to my local library?

FYI: I'm trying to make this work on ATV2, not my computer.

It won't make any difference if its atv or computer for config. Do you have movies/tv shows in your library?

- User 55003 - 2011-07-01

Jason102 Wrote:but at that point it would just be what I have now except that skinners would have control over it. Is that an important part for you guys?

Not much to skin really bar the font, (size,type,colour,pos). Would be nice to add some shadowcolor to lift it of the bg, but personaly I don't think it's that important.

- Sranshaft - 2011-07-01

Jason102 Wrote:The only problem I have with your pic, Sranshaft, is that it seems like it may be a bit too intrusive. Given, we could make it a bit smaller, but at that point it would just be what I have now except that skinners would have control over it. Is that an important part for you guys?

To be honest, I would prefer that skinners have the ability and flexibility to determine what the 'Coming next' screen looks like.

I, personally, wouldn't want something like the image that SteveB posted. Nothing against him but it just doesn't suit the ideas I had in mind when creating the skin for reFocus. I also tend to steer away from the whole ClearArt feature but that's only my personal preference and I know some people do enjoy that sort of thing.

This is why I would hope you'd consider allow the skinner to do what they will with that screen as with the other screens of PseudoTV.

As a possible way to accommodate this, we could add another group control similar to what is currently in place for the information screen. We would substitute the JSON call to use the notification for a visibility change on the new group control via timer again similar to the information screen.

On the subject of the image I previously posted, that would be an example of what the 'Coming next' screen would look like when using reFocus. For the default skin it would have a screen suitable for that skin.