Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-07-03

New version in stable-pre. Support for parsing mov files, support for directory-based channels (although smb directories don't appear to work), and background loading of channels.

This last channel is what I would like opinions on. This is the new behavior: if a channel needs to be updated when starting up, it will be done in the background while something else is playing. Namely, if channel 10 needs to be updated, it won't be loaded on startup. Other channels will load and start playing. After some amount of time, a notification will appear saying that channel 10 is available and then it will work.

So I'd like opinions on if this works well, or if it makes sense at all.

Spaggi: DVD images can't be used since the duration of a DVD is impossible to determine.

condeh: Weird, I haven't seen this issue. Can you please get a debug log?

djinn5150: You can disable the info window on channel changing in the addon settings.

- djinn5150 - 2011-07-03

Jason102 Wrote:djinn5150: You can disable the info window on channel changing in the addon settings.

But what if I want your info window but not the standard position overlay? Am I just S.O.L. for now?

- Jabroni - 2011-07-03

Jason102 Wrote:I run into this problem as well on my system. Any sufficiently large single collection will end up dominating. The problem is, of course, how can you balance forty episodes of show 1 vs five episodes of show 2? Do you actually want a precise mix of one episode of show 2 per seven episodes of show 1? Do you want show 2 to repeat 7 times in the span it takes to show all of show 1 once so that they can be a 1:1 mix? I haven't been able to answer these questions, so I haven't messed with it yet. If you have a recommendation, I'd love to hear it.

I would say maybe just have a max number of episodes from a given show at a time, and not repeat the shows that have only a very few episodes? In that case the show with 5 episodes would still not be seen as often, but a show with 150 episodes wouldn't be shown 3x as often as a show with 50. Or something like that... Big Grin

- zepfan - 2011-07-04

djinn5150 Wrote:But what if I want your info window but not the standard position overlay? Am I just S.O.L. for now?

I made the neon skin. What exactly do you want to do?

- mwkurt - 2011-07-04

Jason,

I am still having a problem when trying to scroll through the EPG. Every time that I try scrolling the EPG , everything freezes for 10 to 15 seconds before it moves on to where I want it to go. Is anyone else seeing this behavior or am I the only one?
I am trying this on an AMD II X2 250 3GH processor, so I do not think that the computer speed is the problem. Besides, I am sure there are alot of PC's out there with lower specs than mine that are running this or will run it. This issue makes it very unappealing to the little lady of the household.
So is anyone else experiencing this problem? By the way, I guess I am using the latest release as I just updated within XBMC tonight. This problem is not in TVTime.
Thanks,
Mark

- zepfan - 2011-07-04

Mark, can you post a debug log? That sounds odd. I've got a much lower spect third HTPC and it runs fine. The only time I've had that issue you describe is when it's been a skin issue. I could be way off though, so a log would help.

- Jason102 - 2011-07-04

Yea, I'm using an Acer Revo for my front room TV, not a high end pc at all, without issues. Do you have the webserver enabled?

- User 55003 - 2011-07-04

Jason102 Wrote:New version in stable-pre. Support for parsing mov files, support for directory-based channels (although smb directories don't appear to work), and background loading of channels.

This last channel is what I would like opinions on. This is the new behavior: if a channel needs to be updated when starting up, it will be done in the background while something else is playing. Namely, if channel 10 needs to be updated, it won't be loaded on startup. Other channels will load and start playing. After some amount of time, a notification will appear saying that channel 10 is available and then it will work.

So I'd like opinions on if this works well, or if it makes sense at all.

The Background updating works well, although I did find that it wouldn't update a custom playlist in the background for some reason, also I couldn't get it to save and enable serial mode for the tv show channel.

Looking forward to what you have planned for the Advanced Channel Rules..

ps. updated all skins with the new Directory channel config and are ready for the Adv. Ch. Rules.

- Jason102 - 2011-07-04

Hm, ok, I'll try and narrow down the problems. And don't get ahead of yourself, I haven't actually filled in the advanced rules xml yet...not sure how i want it to look.

- User 55003 - 2011-07-04

Jason102 Wrote:Hm, ok, I'll try and narrow down the problems. And don't get ahead of yourself, I haven't actually filled in the advanced rules xml yet...not sure how i want it to look.

Yes I'm aware of that, just skinned the button that will lead to it Wink

- mwkurt - 2011-07-04

zepfan Wrote:Mark, can you post a debug log? That sounds odd. I've got a much lower spect third HTPC and it runs fine. The only time I've had that issue you describe is when it's been a skin issue. I could be way off though, so a log would help.

Here is the debug.log http://pastebin.com/uq1ACKS4

I tried changing to the Confluence skin to see if it mattered, it didn't. However, when I tried the EPG this morning, it seemed to work fine for a count of like 5 seconds, then would freeze for 5 to 10 seconds. So it seems that at about every 5 seconds, PseudoTV does something that casuses my EPG to freeze momentarily.
Are you guys using a network when using PseudoTV, because I am. Was just wondering if the network could be causing my problem?

As I look over my log, I notice that it looks as if it is repeatedly trying and getting the video durations of a couple of new shows. Could this be a problem?

Also, Jason, yes the webserver is enabled. I can open up XBMC by entering "Localhost:8084" in my browser. So I guess that means that I have it set up properly as 8084 is the port I have assigned XBMC?
Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-07-04

Yea, your web server is up properly and PseudoTV is using it. In 1.2.1 I made it so that the background thread pauses while the EPG is up. Your system looks like it isn't pausing properly...weird. Are you sure you have 1.2.1?

- mwkurt - 2011-07-04

Jason102 Wrote:Yea, your web server is up properly and PseudoTV is using it. In 1.2.1 I made it so that the background thread pauses while the EPG is up. Your system looks like it isn't pausing properly...weird. Are you sure you have 1.2.1?

Sheez!!!!

I know that I updated this last night, only it didn't update. No I was still on 1.2.0. I updated, for real, just now and the EPG seems to be working better. There were a couple times when after I scrolled through 10 to 12 channels when the EPG and the screen froze, rock solid, however the sound kept on going. When I re-enabled the logging, it didn't do it. So I don't know. I'll update all of my other pcs and see what happens.
Thanks for your time Jason,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-07-04

Whew, I'm glad that was the reason. As for the current freezing, I don't know what to tell you. That can still happen in the new version (as you've seen) but it is constantly an area that I'm trying to improve so hopefully it will get better with each version.

- djinn5150 - 2011-07-04

zepfan Wrote:I made the neon skin. What exactly do you want to do?

Zepfan, As it sits right now when I change "channels" (if the PseudoTV info is set to be shown when changing channels) I get the pseduotv info overlay AND the standard xbmc seekbar/clearart/thumb overlay come up at the same time right over the top of each other. I would like when in psuedoTV to only have the Pseudo TV info overlay come up when changing channels.
I am not convinced it is a "skinning" issue at this point but I know very little on skinning.
But my thoughts at this point are is there a way to set the pseudo tv info overlay with a solid background and have it's set to be ontop effectively blacking out the other overlay.

Forgive me if I am rambling still working on 1st half of cup of coffee Big Grin
thanks
this is what I am getting currently...