Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-07-04

DJinn That is because the info bar comes up in the bottom. The seekbar.xml takes top spot so you can't set something over it, which is annoying. I've edited mine so that it doesn't show up like that. I can post my mods in the Neon forum if you'd like. I've heavily edited my neon skin so that it's 100% perfect with pseudo.

What I did to fix that issue was edit out all the info for the seekbar, but leave in the info for when you press the info button if you're not using Pseudo. So what happens when you're not using pseudo is you don't get that bar at the bottom so you don't know where you are when you skip forward, but you can press the info button to see where you are. Does that make sense?

- ioaz - 2011-07-04

Hi, I love this, but I have one request if possible. I'm very picky about the order of the shows I watch and don't like to start movies I haven't seen half way through. That being said, I love every bit of this for things I've already seen, so I guess my request is to have an option to have this only build channels off of things that have been marked watched. Would something like that be possible? Thanks!

- Jason102 - 2011-07-04

ioaz: That may be possible in the next version. I'm not ready to release details yet, but I'm working on it.

- condeh - 2011-07-04

Hey, apologies for the repost, think i may have been missed Smile

Hi

This is an awesome plugin, thanks!

I have one problem, when changing channel using the EPG, after selecting the channel I wish to view, I need to pause the current channel, at which point the channel will change. Is this correct behaviour?

- djinn5150 - 2011-07-04

zepfan Wrote:DJinn That is because the info bar comes up in the bottom. The seekbar.xml takes top spot so you can't set something over it, which is annoying. I've edited mine so that it doesn't show up like that. I can post my mods in the Neon forum if you'd like. I've heavily edited my neon skin so that it's 100% perfect with pseudo.

What I did to fix that issue was edit out all the info for the seekbar, but leave in the info for when you press the info button if you're not using Pseudo. So what happens when you're not using pseudo is you don't get that bar at the bottom so you don't know where you are when you skip forward, but you can press the info button to see where you are. Does that make sense?

Yes i would love to see your mods, I think i can handle pressing info to see where i am Big Grin

- zepfan - 2011-07-04

djinn5150 Wrote:Yes i would love to see your mods, I think i can handle pressing info to see where i am Big Grin

Sure I'll put together a thread tonight!

- djinn5150 - 2011-07-04

zepfan Wrote:Sure I'll put together a thread tonight!

Excellent, your last post got me to tinkering and changing the visible tag in the Dialogseekbar.xml from:
Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(2005) + !Window.IsActive(2901) + !Window.IsActive(142) + !

Control.IsVisible(10) + [ Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>

TO:
Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(2005) + !Window.IsActive(2901) + !Window.IsActive(142) + !

Control.IsVisible(10) + [  Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>

works as well, a quick pause will tell me where I am.

Also I tried giving the psuedotv.tvoverlay.xml window an ID(just used 5150) and using !Window.IsActive(5150) + Player.Seeking to have it not show up but it did not work Huh course I don't know enough about skinning to get it right i am sure

Thanks again for your help!

- zepfan - 2011-07-04

djinn5150 Wrote:Also I tried giving the psuedotv.tvoverlay.xml window an ID(just used 5150) and using !Window.IsActive(5150) + Player.Seeking to have it not show up but it did not work Huh course I don't know enough about skinning to get it right i am sure

Thanks again for your help!
I don't think it'll work unless it's in includes.xml.

Stoli's going to be pissed when he see's my xml. I just commented out things I didn't want, lol.

EDIT: In place of a whole mod, I'll just post the one DialogSeekbar.xml. It makes pseudo look a lot nicer. Make sure to right click to download and put it in the 720p folder.

- User 55003 - 2011-07-05

zepfan Wrote:I don't think it'll work unless it's in includes.xml.

Stoli's going to be pissed when he see's my xml. I just commented out things I didn't want, lol.

EDIT: In place of a whole mod, I'll just post the one DialogSeekbar.xml. It makes pseudo look a lot nicer. Make sure to right click to download and put it in the 720p folder.

you could also just add " + !Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)" to the <visible> tags in question in the DialogSeekbar.xml.. Works for me and the seekbar should work as normal outside PseudoTV Wink

- djinn5150 - 2011-07-05

zepfan, Thanks I will def check it out, I think Steve might be onto something here too, If only I could get it to work for me lol, learning more about skinning today then I have in a while.

Steveb Wrote:you could also just add " + !Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay)" to the <visible> tags in question in the DialogSeekbar.xml.. Works for me and the seekbar should work as normal outside PseudoTV Wink

Steve, just tried this suggestion and it breaks the seekbar for me, kinda have it back now but its not working right lol,
Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(2005) + !Window.IsActive(2901) + !Window.IsActive(142) +

!Control.IsVisible(10) + [Player.Seeking |!Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay) + Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused |

Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>
after some playing around I came to the conclusion that the Player.DisplayAfterSeek is the one triggering the seekbar when changing channels, as it sits now with that code I get no after seek seekbar period not in pseudo not normal, all the other times it works, pause, ff etc etc. I am pretty sure its something stupid I am not seeing LOL any thoughts?

- User 55003 - 2011-07-05

djinn5150 Wrote:zepfan, Thanks I will def check it out, I think Steve might be onto something here too, If only I could get it to work for me lol, learning more about skinning today then I have in a while.

Steve, just tried this suggestion and it breaks the seekbar for me, kinda have it back now but its not working right lol,
Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(2005) + !Window.IsActive(2901) + !Window.IsActive(142) +

!Control.IsVisible(10) + [Player.Seeking |!Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay) + Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused |

Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>
after some playing around I came to the conclusion that the Player.DisplayAfterSeek is the one triggering the seekbar when changing channels, as it sits now with that code I get no after seek seekbar period not in pseudo not normal, all the other times it works, pause, ff etc etc. I am pretty sure its something stupid I am not seeing LOL any thoughts?

Sorry, missed the .xml on the end..Laugh
Try "+ !Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)"

ps. that looks like the visible condition for the whole DialogSeekbar.xml. Its up to you but you can add it to just to the controls/control groups that you want to hide in PseudoTV.

- Jamhandman - 2011-07-05

Posting to say this is a great add-one, but I appear to have an issue.

I went to change channel one from a custom play list to a TV show. The issue is the channel remains as the custom play list. I tried changing the channel playlist xml by hand, but failed. When psudo TV starts up it is stuck at clearing history... Any suggestions?

Also, as a note for new users. I found ISO will always start at the beginning of the Movie/Episode while MKV (or other formats) will start with the correct Time offset. Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-07-06

Can you please post a debug log of PseudoTV failing at clearing the history?

condeh: Same to you, please provide a debug log.

- zepfan - 2011-07-09

Jason, i get a no valid data found on the latest nightly build. I'm running the stable-pre as well. I see waiting for file lock along the bottom the whole time, if that helps.

Here's my debug log if it helps. http://pastebin.com/6bkY5gcy

- Jason102 - 2011-07-09

It may be related to a bug that I just (not 20 minutes ago) checked in a fix for...apparently channels with custom playlists wouldn't load properly. Try the newest stable-pre and see if that works any better.