Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-07-15

Jason102 Wrote:There are currently 3 settings, but I ask the question because I'm considering eliminating the setting all together and forcing real-time mode.
Is that something that needs work done to keep it in? If it needs work, I say do what makes less work for you.

- Jason102 - 2011-07-15

No, no changes need to be made. I'm just always re-evaluating what features should stay and if any should be removed to keep the code as clean as possible. If people want this functionality to stay, it takes no effort for me to keep it in place.

- User 55003 - 2011-07-15

Jason102 Wrote:In an effort to streamline the options, I have a quick question for everyone: does anyone set the start mode to anything other than the default of Real-Time?

Real Time mode for me, tried all three and I think it's the best option for a pseudo epg.

Hi Jason102, just gave the latest stable-pre a go and noticed that the epg guide runs past the end of the time line, can't remember that happening before and it doesn't look the best. Plus TV show serial mode is still borked, but I'm guessing that could end up in Adv. Rules?

- mwkurt - 2011-07-15

Steveb Wrote:Hi Jason102, just gave the latest stable-pre a go and noticed that the epg guide runs past the end of the time line, can't remember that happening before and it doesn't look the best. Plus TV show serial mode is still borked, but I'm guessing that could end up in Adv. Rules?

Just curious Steve....what do you find is borked about tv show serial mode?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-07-15

Yea, I know the EPG goes past at the moment, this happened because of a different fix that i put in. I'll fix it. I have the same question as mwkurt, what doesn't work in serial mode?

Jason102 Wrote:Yea, I know the EPG goes past at the moment, this happened because of a different fix that i put in. I'll fix it. I have the same question as mwkurt, what doesn't work in serial mode?

If I create a new channel.. lets say TV Show/Stargate SG-1 and set it to serial mode. The channel will load ok but it will be in a random order and will not load paused or pause when not watching that channel like it used too. Also if I head back to the channel config for the serial channel just created, serial mode will be disabled(not saving the serial state). That's my experience anywayHuh hope I'm not the only one. Laugh

- Jason102 - 2011-07-15

Ah, it sounds like there is an issue with it saving the Serial mode state to that channel. If the channel isn't in serial mode, the episodes will be randomized and will not pause when you aren't on it. Did this work for you in the official 1.2.1 build? It's possible that I broke something in stable-pre since I have been messing quite a bit with the configuration code...

Jason102 Wrote:Ah, it sounds like there is an issue with it saving the Serial mode state to that channel. If the channel isn't in serial mode, the episodes will be randomized and will not pause when you aren't on it. Did this work for you in the official 1.2.1 build? It's possible that I broke something in stable-pre since I have been messing quite a bit with the configuration code...

Yep the stable ver work ok. That's still on my main HTPC and works like a charm Wink

Music channels? - Abe Froman - 2011-07-15

Is there a way to get Music Channels working in PseudoTV? Similar to the ones on satellite and cable (by genre).

- Jason102 - 2011-07-15

It's on the list of future features, but it's gonna have to wait until after the channel rules are complete.

- mwkurt - 2011-07-17

Abe Froman Wrote:Is there a way to get Music Channels working in PseudoTV? Similar to the ones on satellite and cable (by genre).

I would also like to put in my vote for this eventually in PseudoTV, however, I would like the option to use my own playlists for the channel generation, if at all possible.

Mark

- zepfan - 2011-07-19

I Finished my Prescence skin this morning. Let me know if you guys have any issues with it!
EPG:

Info:

Presence That's the download that you'll need to place in addons/script.pseudotv/resources/skins/. Also you'll need to add this file(right click save as) to skin.presenceV.2 -> 720p folder to change font13 size/type. If you don't, the show names in the EPG will be too small.

PlayList Help - Kyote - 2011-07-21

Hi all. First the praise - love PseudoTV.

Now the question I hope someone can help with. My apologies if this is not the correct thread to discuss - but I have searched high and low for an answer.

I have created a custom playlist for movies with a genre Action. Works great.

However, i would like to exclude the genre Animation from this playlist. So logic (a fools best friend) told me all I needed to do was create two rules:

<rule field="genre" operator="is">Action</rule>
<rule field="genre" operator="isnot">Animation</rule>

Sounded good to me, however the problem is the second rule adds all movies that are not Animation (virtually negating the first rule!)

What I would like to do is add Action movies only, but exclude Action movies that are also tagged as Animation.

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. thanks guys.

- Sranshaft - 2011-07-21

Kyote Wrote:What I would like to do is add Action movies only, but exclude Action movies that are also tagged as Animation.

Set 'Items must match' to 'All' instead of 'One or more'.