Kodi Community Forum
HP IR Receiver Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: HP IR Receiver Options (/showthread.php?tid=91058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- SpIcEz - 2011-02-01

My HP receiver worked out of the box with XBMC Live on a XS35GT and a Harmony 300 remote.

The one problem was slowness.

I found a copy of lircd.conf for Logitech remotes used it on my setup and it sped up the remote just enough so its no longer a problem.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-01

Do you have the source of the lircd.conf or an idea of what tweaks were made?

My remote should arrive today or tomorrow. I am simply preparing in case I run into issues. I am not expecting problems though!

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-03

Also curious to hear, does everyone else's HP IR receiver have a red light on the front that flashes? I do not even have my remote yet to configure... but when it is seeming to sit idle there is a red light blinking. It seems like some sort of activity light.

What is the deal?

- spartan711 - 2011-02-03

The red light only comes on when it is receiving a signal. So that means something around you must be emitting an IR signal repeatedly...?

This is what I thought. And the potential IR communication could be anything from my Home Theater setup. I am curious to know if this will be bad... Oo

My HT equipment is listed in my signature. The IR signal could be from the 3DTV (the glasses transmit/receive IR signal but I do not have them enabled right now).

The HP IR receiver does not show any activity when the TV is turned off, but when I turn it on then I start to see the red activity light.

Therefore, it must be the TV. Hmmm. Eek

*EDIT*: does anyone know if this could cause interference or issues? Huh

- spartan711 - 2011-02-03

OOO! I know. Placing the receiver near my tv also gave it interference, because the receiver is so SUPER sensitive. The fix from the forum is some sort of black tape that greatly cuts down on interference.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77534&highlight=receiver+black+tape

spartan711 Wrote:OOO! I know. Placing the receiver near my tv also gave it interference, because the receiver is so SUPER sensitive. The fix from the forum is some sort of black tape that greatly cuts down on interference.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77534&highlight=receiver+black+tape

Thanks for the tip! I will have to experiment. I wonder if the Plasma causing the light to flicker actually causes problematic interference or if most people want to solve the problem because the flickering light is annoying.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-05

Alright!! My Harmony One finally arrived last evening (after shipping was delayed due to bad weather) Big Grin

Now I am ready to configure. My HP IR receiver is working but I cannot use 'irw' Sad

Whenever I try to run IRW I get the following:
Quote:conect: Connection refused

I have my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Windows Media Center (MCE) device.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-05

poofyhairguy Wrote:Once you get it add a Windows Media Center device. Then in the activity you need to customize the buttons to work with XBMC. It will make sense once you get into the software.

For the record, I ONLY configure my Harmony in OSX.

I have added a Windows Media Center device Wink

poofyhairguy Wrote:I do it as a MCE remote, and I never run out of buttons.

The problem is that people don't go back and manually configure the buttons and then they complain it doesn't work well.

This is the step I am at... but I am not entirely sure how to manually configure. Do you mean by editing the map XML files or are you referring to the Harmony software?

poofyhairguy Wrote:Be ready to spend like 2 hours the first time getting it setup, and even then bet on having to redo one thing or the other (I never get ti right first time).

But when you put in that effort, nothing is better.

I am ready to dedicate the time!! Big Grin

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-10

Since PoofyHairGuy sadly seems to be MIA (hopefully he is on a vacation and enjoying himself)... I was hoping someone could graciously point me in the right direction for mapping and configuring my Harmony One with the HP IR receiver.

I have looked at countless configuration threads and am experiencing information overload. It is hard to decipher what I should be doing, as some threads are extremely detailed and dive into editing files and configurations... each of these threads is unique and none of them really agree on standard practices.

I know this is very difficult due to the level of customization and detail which these remotes can be configured. I was hoping someone could help me get going in the right direction. Poofy made it seem like most of the configuration was done on the Logitech software and minimal work was needed on the HTPC (manually configuring map files).

Thank you in advance! Big Grin

- boyo - 2011-02-10

bmcclure937 Wrote:Alright!! My Harmony One finally arrived last evening (after shipping was delayed due to bad weather) Big Grin

Now I am ready to configure. My HP IR receiver is working but I cannot use 'irw' Sad

Whenever I try to run IRW I get the following:

I have my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Windows Media Center (MCE) device.

Is LIRCD running? irw wont run without it.

- boyo - 2011-02-10

Interesting thread as i honestly though i had a dud when i started reading this but hopefully it should be fine (OVU400103/00).

It doesnt respond to irw at all though - any ideas? Ive tried two different harmony one profiles and both yeald nothing.

I tried irrecord and its definitely picking up a signal but when i get to the second part of irrecord where i enter buttons it returns an error of "Something went wrong" WEIRD!

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Warren

- maxinc - 2011-02-11

Anyone got one of these receivers in the UK?

- pedr0 - 2011-03-11

bmcclure937 Wrote:I was hoping someone could graciously point me in the right direction for mapping and configuring my Harmony One with the HP IR receiver.

Hi bmcclure937 - Did you ever figure this out? Please could you share what you learnt.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-03-11

pedr0 Wrote:Hi bmcclure937 - Did you ever figure this out? Please could you share what you learnt.

I am using OpenELEC and I did figure this out... and I actually started writing a complete guide to the process I took on the OpenELEC forum. Cool

You can check out this guide. Most of the concepts will apply directly to configuring the remote for XBMC. Nod

Let me know what you think! Wink It walks through from the beginning (configuring Harmony Remote using Logitech Software) to the end... but it is still a work in progress and I need to add more information for tweaking remote settings and adding custom actions.

Harmony One Complete Configuration Guide [OpenELEC]