Live TV without PVR - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: PVR Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: Live TV without PVR (/showthread.php?tid=91304)
Live TV without PVR - phens - 2011-01-21 15:15
I think "Live TV" should not necessary mean "PVR", IPTV sources like :
- SAP Stream
- Stream from DVB>IP Bridge like getstream, mumudvb or dvblast
Should be accessible into live TV menu without PVR backend.
- TugboatBill - 2011-01-21 19:27
You can watch live TV now with a HDHR and no PVR. Check out the wiki.
- Jezz_X - 2011-01-21 23:15
Indeed mythtv tvheadend and hdhomerun can all already stream to the current dharma xbmc
Live TV menu should be usable without PVR backend - phens - 2011-01-27 09:42
I was not really clear in my preceding post.
My thought is :
- "Live TV" menu should be accessible without having a PVR backend installed and configured.
- "Live TV" menu should contain "TV Channel" and "TV GUIDE" submenu accessible with a PVR backend installed and configured.
- "TV Channel" submenu may have different sources type : SAP Stream, HDHomeRUN, HTTP stream URL, RTSP stream URL, or PVR backend (so SAP and HDHomeRun should move from Video>Files to Live TV menu)
- "TV GUIDE" submenu may have different sources type : Now/Next directly from MPEG TS EIT, Now/Next from PVR backend, Full Guide directcly from XMLTV file (tv_grab_...), Full Guide from PVR backend.
To resume this, I'll say : Live TV menu should be usable without PVR back.
- rupert - 2011-01-27 23:05
If I'm reading you right, what you want is a channel guide & TV like interface for the built in HDHomeRun (or other streaming sources) allready in XBMC?
IANA Developer, but wouldn't it make more sense to move these features from XBMC itself & re-implement them as a very limited PVR plugins?
Does the PVR system allow multiple PVR plugins at the same time?
- Taleteller - 2011-01-27 23:59
From what I have seen it is possible to have several plugins enabled at once. Yet I doubt its aware to have EPG for channels not included in the channel list itself. So you may have several sources, but you also may have duplicate "stations".
- opdenkamp - 2011-01-28 00:02
something like this is already planned, but probably won't be arriving in mainline any time soon. don't have the time now.