Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows (/showthread.php?tid=91490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Swwethip1 - 2011-01-26

Cash - since its a new ATV2, i say its def. your PC. On your PC make a new user profile and try again. Maybe your PC profile is corrupt.

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

Is anyone else in here using XP? Im wondering if that might be the issue...

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

Swwethip1 Wrote:Cash - since its a new ATV2, i say its def. your PC. On your PC make a new user profile and try again. Maybe your PC profile is corrupt.
Ive also tried it on a Mac running Snow Leopard, which also results in a 1601 error.

- hydro187 - 2011-01-26

thanks for the great tut brownbear1984! Worked awesome over here. I'm really glad my boss gave me a VM of OSX a couple months back, first time it came in handy.

Few notes)
took me 3 or 4 tries to get iReb DFU mode working. The program gives a nice pop-up when it's successful.
took another 2 or 3 tries to get the last tether command line to work. I simply unplugged the power of my ATV, reconnected, and tried again.

Had to install nito to get XBMC to install (thanks to whoever posted that around page 10).

Streaming anything >4 gigs is pretty bad over my wireless. It's forcing me to finally hook up my wireless N router to see if it's any better. **edit-- Wireless N router installed, 720p/1080p files stream perfect now. Haven't tried much over 12gb, everything loads almost instantly with no buffer time!

Overall, I'm very happy so far! Does this thing have a built in FTP server running like other versions of XBMC? I don't know the easiest way to edit the config files (last time I used XBMC was on my xbox1 circa 2005!)

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

It has SFTP. User is root password is alpine

- dazex - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y,
If you have access to SnowLeopard, why don't you just jailbreak with Seas0nPass?

I have to wait till the kids are asleep since they are using the ATV2 right now.

-Dazex

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

Tried it. Same 1601 error. Even reinstalled iTunes and used a different cable. Plus this is my second Apple TV2.

- mojo6911 - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y Wrote:Tried it. Same 1601 error. Even reinstalled iTunes and used a different cable. Plus this is my second Apple TV2.

I got that on my laptop. When I switched to my PC, it worked ok.

- hydro187 - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y Wrote:It has SFTP. User is root password is alpine

Is the ftp running on port 21? Getting connection refused for some reason when SSH is working perfectly. Tried at the XBMC dashboard and at the main Apple TV home screen.

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

hydro187 Wrote:Is the ftp running on port 21? Getting connection refused for some reason when SSH is working perfectly. Tried at the XBMC dashboard and at the main Apple TV home screen.

SFTP is different from FTP. It runs on port 22, and uses SSH. If you use Windows you can use winscp to connect.

mojo6911 Wrote:I got that on my laptop. When I switched to my PC, it worked ok.
Strange... Maybe both computers I am using are broken in some way... Guess ill fire up my desktop and put windows 7 on there. Besides Ive been meaning to get rid of Ubuntu 10.10 desktop, its horrible slow and laggy.

- hydro187 - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y Wrote:SFTP is different from FTP. It runs on port 22, and uses SSH. If you use Windows you can use winscp to connect.

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!

Haha, thanks-- connected now. I'm shamed.

- Numus - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y Wrote:SFTP is different from FTP. It runs on port 22, and uses SSH. If you use Windows you can use winscp to connect.

Strange... Maybe both computers I am using are broken in some way... Guess ill fire up my desktop and put windows 7 on there. Besides Ive been meaning to get rid of Ubuntu 10.10 desktop, its horrible slow and laggy.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Running Ubuntu 10.10 on my netbook and it is probably hte smoothest thing i have run on this thing yet (Mac OS X was like nails in the eye... but i think that about hte OS anyways even on my phenom II x4 server)

BTW my preferred Windows programs are
Putty for SSH and Filezilla for ftp/sftp

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

Numus Wrote:YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Running Ubuntu 10.10 on my netbook and it is probably hte smoothest thing i have run on this thing yet (Mac OS X was like nails in the eye... but i think that about hte OS anyways even on my phenom II x4 server)

BTW my preferred Windows programs are
Putty for SSH and Filezilla for ftp/sftp
Sorry, but Ubuntu was even sluggish on my netbook. I do run 10.10 server on my server though and love it! But XP is perfect for the netbook. I second putty, but i wasnt aware FZ did sftp.

- Numus - 2011-01-26

CASHMON3Y Wrote:Sorry, but Ubuntu was even sluggish on my netbook. I do run 10.10 server on my server though and love it! But XP is perfect for the netbook. I second putty, but i wasnt aware FZ did sftp.

Yup it does.. you dont need even to tell it the site is sftp.. it figures it out all on its own, cause it is smart Smile

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-01-26

Ok just tried restoring the Apple TV back to the default firmware in iTunes without holding shift. And also tried it with the power cord plugged in. Both resulted in an error 1601 like usual. Seriously, what the shit is this error?!