Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows (/showthread.php?tid=91490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

thether boot after mac jb - rajSE - 2011-01-27

hi

I jb my ATV2 on a MAC.

Got a serious problem, and need to reboot my ATV2, however I do not have access to my original Custom IPSW, as I did it on a friends MAC. Can anyone help me with this

I need

iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu
kernelcache.release.k66

files from an ATV2 custom firmware, if anyone can put them at a MegaUpload or something, I would be forever grateful.

Desperatly need this, please help

Regards

Raj

- Dauren - 2011-01-27

hydro187 Wrote:Putty initially gave me the same crap. I opened up Terminal on my VM and that worked like a charm.

terminal in VM the same problem

- Dauren - 2011-01-27

and some commets...if I using teethering without power cable and it's done...I plugging in power cable and hdmi, unplugging microUSB. After that ATV booting without any network connection (no wifi, no lan).

If I done all this with power cable, network connection is ok, but I cannot connect with any ssh client. (connection refused).

What I do wrong?

Help...

- dazex - 2011-01-27

Dauren,
Question is whether your ATV2 can come online without tethering. Perhaps it's not actually jailbroken?

Try to plug it in and see if it boots without assistance.

- Dauren - 2011-01-27

dazex Wrote:Dauren,
Question is whether your ATV2 can come online without tethering. Perhaps it's not actually jailbroken?

Try to plug it in and see if it boots without assistance.

ATV2 without tethering working fine)

- dazex - 2011-01-27

Dauren,
If you are on 4.2.1, then by being able to boot without tethering means your ATV2 isn't actually jailbroken and thus the reason you have these issues and are unable to ssh into it.

- Dauren - 2011-01-27

If you are on 4.2.1, then by being able to boot without tethering means your ATV2 isn't actually jailbroken and thus the reason you have these issues and are unable to ssh into it.

Thank You!

ok, what I am doing wrong? I'm using AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_Custom_Restore.ipsw firmware to restore AppleTV. In my case, firmware could restore only with iREB utility. I've tried in two case to buld in pwnagetool, simple and expert mode, but all the same.

- piotr - 2011-01-27

Dauren Wrote:Thank You!

ok, what I am doing wrong? I'm using AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_Custom_Restore.ipsw firmware to restore AppleTV. In my case, firmware could restore only with iREB utility. I've tried in two case to buld in pwnagetool, simple and expert mode, but all the same.

Start all over again, I made the same mistake. Used the wrong .ipsw. Good luck.

- Nibbsy - 2011-01-27

Yep, I had the same problem first time I did it (no network connection). Start again from scratch - ie restore in itunes and JB again. Not sure what I did differently the second time but it worked fine that time.

- dazex - 2011-01-27

Dauren,
Sounds like something gone wrong during your first attempt. Give it another try according to piotr and Nibbsy and let us know if that fixes it for you.

Since you can run PwanageTool. That suggest you are on a Mac. Why not just use Seas0nPass to do everything? That tool works great and makes it very easy. I realize we are in a Windows jailbreaking thread, but I was just curious.

-Dazex

- Dauren - 2011-01-27

Sounds like something gone wrong during your first attempt. Give it another try according to piotr and Nibbsy and let us know if that fixes it for you.

Since you can run PwanageTool. That suggest you are on a Mac. Why not just use Seas0nPass to do everything? That tool works great and makes it very easy. I realize we are in a Windows jailbreaking thread, but I was just curious.

-Dazex

I used Seas0nPass on VM, but after restoring got the eroor message 21 or 1600 Sad

- DreamweaverN - 2011-01-27

Hi Dauren

I used Seas0nPass in a VM as well to create my IPSW. I then powered off the VM and connected the Apple TV in DFU mode with iREB and restored in iTunes. iREB was what made me able to restore the custom firmware. Also I'd recommend unzipping the IPSW to grab iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu and kernelcache.release.k66 so that you can use the Windows version of tetheredboot.

- dazex - 2011-01-27

Dauren Wrote:I used Seas0nPass on VM, but after restoring got the eroor message 21 or 1600 Sad

Ah.. I see. I think I need to explore the process of attempting the Seas0nPass jailbreak from within a VM.

I have a feeling you guys aren't enbling access to the USB device, in this case the ATV, from the VM. Usually, you can toggle who has control, the host or the VM.

I'll have to search for instructions on how to install a VM image of OSX now.

update: My CPU doesn't support virtualization, so I couldn't get a VM OSX running. Let me know if you guys have any pointer.

- sparkie2640 - 2011-01-28

CASHMON3Y Wrote:Tried it. Same 1601 error. Even reinstalled iTunes and used a different cable. Plus this is my second Apple TV2.

You'll get this error too if you use a lower version firmware than what is on the ATV.

For example, if your ATV says it's version 4.1.1 hit your center button twice, and it will tell you your iOS version (4.2.1). If you modified iOS 4.1.0 ipsw and try to upload it to the device, it will go through all the motions, and then fail with an error 1601.

- electricd7 - 2011-01-28

Ok, sorry to back track you all, but been at this all night. I used PwnageTool in a VM to create my custom IPSW, and then copied that back to my PC. I run iREB and am able to get my ATV2 into DFU mode (ie, the popup comes up and tells me it was successful.), but the problem is that in iTunes, the Apple TV doesn't show up while in DFU mode? I can plug it in normally and boot it and it shows up in iTunes, but as soon as I try to use iTunes while in DFU mode, there is no AppleTV listed?? I can hear my USB "noise" from windows going off, then on, then off again while doing the iREB process, and if I am watching iTunes, i see it show up and then quickly dissapear as soon as it gets to DFU mode. Am I doing something wrong here?? I *believe* i did a factory restore using iTunes early on in the process when I thought I had it in DFU mode and did a restore without selecting a custom firmware, but from reading this thread that doesn't seem to matter. What should I try?

ED7