Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows (/showthread.php?tid=91490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Eliah - 2011-02-12

douggoodwin Wrote:Then it asked me for my password. I then tried to type "alpine" but none of the keys on my keyboard would type anything. Sup wit that?

Thats the way Unix display passwords, just hit enter and your fine

Power cable in or out??? - fiddystorms - 2011-02-12

So is there any consensus on whether or not the power cable should be plugged in or left out with only the micro USB plugged in? If so, when do you keep it plugged in and when do you pull the plug & vice versa?

- dtviewer - 2011-02-12

fiddystorms Wrote:So is there any consensus on whether or not the power cable should be plugged in or left out with only the micro USB plugged in? If so, when do you keep it plugged in and when do you pull the plug & vice versa?

Follow posts 303,304, 305 and 306 from this thread.

- merlinn31 - 2011-02-12

GP rc6 has been released... Wink

For anyone else that has problems...

Run the program like normal and follow the instructions. Wait the 40 seconds afterwards that it asks you to do. After it's complete, leave the power plugged in, unplug the USB, plug in HDMI. Select the GP menu item and inject exploit. It'll work its magic, restart, and you should be good after that.

- kevron - 2011-02-13

Yep... Follow directions its a REALLY EASY JB.. I am able to have my USB and my HDMI plugged in at the same time. When it boots select greenpois0n. Then it'll download then reboot. NitoTV is already on there. So you can install XBMC without SSHing.

- douggoodwin - 2011-02-13

kevron Wrote:Yep... Follow directions its a REALLY EASY JB.. I am able to have my USB and my HDMI plugged in at the same time. When it boots select greenpois0n. Then it'll download then reboot. NitoTV is already on there. So you can install XBMC without SSHing.

gonna give this a try tomorrow. Other than untethered boot, I'm hoping this might solve my problem with ISO playback.
ISOs are stripped (movie only) and no encryptions. They start to play for about 4 seconds, then pause (as if buffering), then player shutsdown and goes back to movie menu.
Latest XBMC update (which I have) says ISO playback was fixed but I still cant playback

- dtviewer - 2011-02-13

For anyone that has done this that had already had the tethered JB and xbmc installed.

Should we uninstall xbmc before we do this?

- dazex - 2011-02-13

I thought iso playback only works if your iso doesn't contain the menus and stuff. I know it defeats the purpose of ripping into an iso format, but I thought that's what I heard.

Anyways, I am running the feb 11 build with the latest RC6 GreenPois0n and my iso with menu rips are still not playing.

- dtviewer - 2011-02-13

dazex Wrote:I thought iso playback only works if your iso doesn't contain the menus and stuff. I know it defeats the purpose of ripping into an iso format, but I thought that's what I heard.

Anyways, I am running the feb 11 build with the latest RC6 GreenPois0n and my iso with menu rips are still not playing.

Would you mind giving a run down of how you did the new JB?
Did you restore atv to factory first?
Did you uninstall xbmc?
Did you have to rescan in your library?

Thanks.

And my iso's made with dvdshrink, no menus, only main movie dont work either.

- joshua.lyon - 2011-02-13

dtviewer Wrote:For anyone that has done this that had already had the tethered JB and xbmc installed.

Should we uninstall xbmc before we do this?
It's recommended that you restore to a stock ATV setup by using the restore button in iTunes (without shift+click and custom firmware) before you run the GP 6 jailbreak.

People who ran the GP6 jailbreak over their seas0nPass or other jailbreak are reporting mixed errors (mostly with wifi). However, doing the ATV restore in iTunes then doing the GP6 jailbreak is resolving things for most people.

- Googlyeyz - 2011-02-13

dtviewer Wrote:Would you mind giving a run down of how you did the new JB?
Did you restore atv to factory first?
Did you uninstall xbmc?
Did you have to rescan in your library?

Just upgraded from GreenPois0n RC5 to RC6. Works great. No need to ssh into the ATV2 anymore and install XBMC from command line. It can be installed directly from the TV menu with the remote.

- restored ATV2 to factory
- jailbreaked it with RC6
- connected it to the TV
- installed Cydia from the GreenPois0n menu (after reboot you get the nitoTV menu)
- installed XBMC from the nitoTV menu
- that's all Smile

- kevron - 2011-02-13

I restored to factory, then did the GP JB.

- dazex - 2011-02-13

I have been testing various jailbreaking methods so my ATV2 was in a state that made perfect sense to restore to factory and then run the new GreenPois0n RC6 jailbreak.

It didn't take long to rescan my library and restore XBMC back to running condition because I am so familiar with the process. In fact, the NitoTV menu that comes with this latest jailbreak made it very easy to install XBMC as well as the Bluetooth stacks via the GUI. Easy peasy and things appear to run fine so far.

- joshua.lyon - 2011-02-13

dazex Wrote:I have been testing various jailbreaking methods so my ATV2 was in a state that made perfect sense to restore to factory and then run the new GreenPois0n RC6 jailbreak.

It didn't take long to rescan my library and restore XBMC back to running condition because I am so familiar with the process. In fact, the NitoTV menu that comes with this latest jailbreak made it very easy to install XBMC as well as the Bluetooth stacks via the GUI. Easy peasy and things appear to run fine so far.
For future reference, you can use the Export / Import feature under the System > Settings > Video (or Music) menus and you wouldn't have to rescan your files (and it would keep track of what you had already watched). Overview: Export the Music and Video library, copy the library off your aTV, do the restore / JB, then copy the export back to the aTV and import the file.

On the other hand, if you didn't care about the keeping your library in tact (and tracking what you had watched), the rescan probably works just fine.

- dazex - 2011-02-13

joshua.lyon Wrote:For future reference, you can use the Export / Import feature under the System > Settings > Video (or Music) menus and you wouldn't have to rescan your files (and it would keep track of what you had already watched). Overview: Export the Music and Video library, copy the library off your aTV, do the restore / JB, then copy the export back to the aTV and import the file.

On the other hand, if you didn't care about the keeping your library in tact (and tracking what you had watched), the rescan probably works just fine.

Yup, exporting and importing is a great built in option.

I had reorganized my media so a fresh start was the way to go. Thanks for pointing out this options for those who didn't know about it.