Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- douggoodwin - 2011-02-21

dtviewer Wrote:There seems to be an issue with Video_TS where the files will play in file mode, but not in library mode. Confirmed on multiple ATVs's and now by another poster on here.

Original thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94798

This is with 10.0-7, DVD rip to video_ts using dvdshrink. All extras and menus stripped out.
XBMC log in original post.

I am very interested in this since the only files I have been able to play are ones that I converted to AVI or Mp4 which are only a few in my library. I tried playing a VIDEO_TS stripped of menus in DVDShrink while in FILE mode (instead of multiplex) in the XBMC Movie menu. Did not play.
I then noticed that your post specificly said 10.0-7 version. Other than the update and instructions mentioned on the homepage of xbmc.org, I have no idea how to update XBMC on ATV2 to any nightly builds. I have been able to update via SSH successfully but I am still a beginner in these steps.
Can you point me to a thread that can explain how to update the ATV2 to version 10.0-7?

- dtviewer - 2011-02-21

douggoodwin Wrote:I am very interested in this since the only files I have been able to play are ones that I converted to AVI or Mp4 which are only a few in my library. I tried playing a VIDEO_TS stripped of menus in DVDShrink while in FILE mode (instead of multiplex) in the XBMC Movie menu. Did not play.
I then noticed that your post specificly said 10.0-7 version. Other than the update and instructions mentioned on the homepage of xbmc.org, I have no idea how to update XBMC on ATV2 to any nightly builds. I have been able to update via SSH successfully but I am still a beginner in these steps.
Can you point me to a thread that can explain how to update the ATV2 to version 10.0-7?

Version 10.0-7 is the latest official.
SSH in and:

apt-get update

then

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Remove unused source - edmackay - 2011-02-21

I ahve made some changes to my video and picture and usic sources. I would like to get rid of the ones that are no longer valid. Any Help would be great.

- Assimilator - 2011-02-21

procrastinator Wrote:Assimilator I suggest you double-check you have the most recent update (10.0-7) installed, beyond that I'm not really sure what to suggest I'm afraid.

I ran this apt-get update && apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 from ssh and below is the last two lines so i'm baffled as to what is causing the hdmi output issue Huh seems it not fixed for everyone. would the initial installing of xbmc from nitoTV be an issue ?

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Profiles (ATV2) - selepo - 2011-02-21

Hi, this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle. Wink

I am missing the profiles in XBMC, I can't find them in the interface and can't find any reports about them missing in this thread.
On another note I can confirm that the Web-interface is still not working, but the Android XBMC remote is working fine for me.

My system setup is:
XBMC 10.0.7 [Running on IOS 4.1 / jailbreak GreenP0isi0n RC6)
Samsung Galaxy S [For the android app]

Best Regards
Seleop

- procrastinator - 2011-02-21

dtviewer Wrote:There seems to be an issue with Video_TS where the files will play in file mode, but not in library mode. Confirmed on multiple ATVs's and now by another poster on here.

There was a post on the thread you linked to that said this:

neohusky Wrote:From what I understand xbmc for atv2 can play a folder of VOB files in file mode. It is not yet able to playback the VIDEO_TS.IFO.

which sounds more like what I would've expected to be the case. If it is the VIDEO_TS.IFO file you are able to play in file mode then please stick another reply down and let us know

EDIT: Answered by Fire69 in the same thread. Issue added to first post.

edmackay Wrote:I ahve made some changes to my video and picture and usic sources. I would like to get rid of the ones that are no longer valid. Any Help would be great.

hold down "menu" button when hovering over the source, select "remove source" from the context menu

Assimilator Wrote:I ran this apt-get update && apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 from ssh and below is the last two lines so i'm baffled as to what is causing the hdmi output issue Huh seems it not fixed for everyone. would the initial installing of xbmc from nitoTV be an issue ?

I wouldn't have thought the nitoTV install would be the problem, but I can't say for sure. I stuck a quote from this post by Memphiz in the first post. Basically they are aware that there is an issue there, but it's hard to pin down exactly what it is because it appears to depend on hardware configuration. Memphiz also suggested looking at the FAQ thread as there are a couple of solutions there for certain receivers. I'm afraid I really can't help you any further; I'm at least as confused as you, probably more so!

selepo Wrote:Hi, this is my first post on this forum so please be gentle. Wink

I am missing the profiles in XBMC, I can't find them in the interface and can't find any reports about them missing in this thread.

In the confluence skin (default) profiles are in the system sub-menu. Hover over system in the main menu, and then press the right-hand direction button on the remote to bring up the sub-menu

- dtviewer - 2011-02-21

procrastinator Wrote:There was a post on the thread you linked to that said this:

which sounds more like what I would've expected to be the case. If it is the VIDEO_TS.IFO file you are able to play in file mode then please stick another reply down and let us know

EDIT: Answered by Fire69 in the same thread. Issue added to first post.

Thanks

- edmackay - 2011-02-21

[quote=procrastinator]There was a post on the thread you linked to that said this:

hold down "menu" button when hovering over the source, select "remove source" from the context menu

Thanks

- dtviewer - 2011-02-21

I have another issue to submit.
I have searched and have not found any others that have mentioned it but am able to replicate on both of my ATV2 units.

When in file mode any movie that is in a folder will not show a thumbnail.
All my ISO or AVI files show thumbnails fine.
All my movies in folder (Video TS for example) will show the thumbnail in Library mode, but switch to file mode and it just shows a picture of a 'folder'.
Even if I click on the movie folder, choose movie info, click on 'thumb', it will go through as if it is downloading the thumb but it never shows up.

On my Revo the thumbnails show up in File and library mode.

- Assimilator - 2011-02-21

procrastinator Wrote:I wouldn't have thought the nitoTV install would be the problem, but I can't say for sure. I stuck a quote from this post by Memphiz in the first post. Basically they are aware that there is an issue there, but it's hard to pin down exactly what it is because it appears to depend on hardware configuration. Memphiz also suggested looking at the FAQ thread as there are a couple of solutions there for certain receivers. I'm afraid I really can't help you any further; I'm at least as confused as you, probably more so!

OK i've done some more testing on this and my Yamaha can receive AC3 sound via HDMI and Optic. So it's my Panasonic TV that is having issues receiving AC3 over the HDMI fromt he atv2 considering it can receive dolby digital via the PS3 and xbox 360 over hdmi this has me stumped. setup is now atv2 > hdmi > Yamaha Reveiver > HDMI > Panasonic TV. the tv does not receive any sound at all in this setup but it does not need to :/

Android Remote stops working on profile switch - selepo - 2011-02-22

Not sure if it's just in the ATV2 version or not and it seems kind of minor with respect to the other issues ...

/Selepo

- plutoniumshore - 2011-02-22

Long time user and first time poster!

When they say "Visualizer not working" does that mean the trippy visualizations when music is playing? I've noticed that regardless of the visualizations module i use, this does not work, you just get a blank black screen.

I've noticed that in the little micro playback panel (the flyout on the right hand side) on Confluence skin, there is no button to initialize the visualizations, but if you switch to PM3HD skin, you can see it on the far right of the playback controls. That might be a small oversight that might warrant looking into.

- keith - 2011-02-23

plutoniumshore Wrote:Long time user and first time poster!

When they say "Visualizer not working" does that mean the trippy visualizations when music is playing? I've noticed that regardless of the visualizations module i use, this does not work, you just get a blank black screen.

I've noticed that in the little micro playback panel (the flyout on the right hand side) on Confluence skin, there is no button to initialize the visualizations, but if you switch to PM3HD skin, you can see it on the far right of the playback controls. That might be a small oversight that might warrant looking into.

Correct. Visualizations won't be fixed until the merge to TRUNK happens.

- keith - 2011-02-23

dtviewer Wrote:I have another issue to submit.
I have searched and have not found any others that have mentioned it but am able to replicate on both of my ATV2 units.

All my movies in folder (Video TS for example) will show the thumbnail in Library mode, but switch to file mode and it just shows a picture of a 'folder'.
Even if I click on the movie folder, choose movie info, click on 'thumb', it will go through as if it is downloading the thumb but it never shows up.

Known issue, probably wont be fully fixed until merge to trunk.

- procrastinator - 2011-02-23

dtviewer Wrote:I have another issue to submit.

Thanks dtviewer, added to first post. Described as "movies contained in folders (e.g. Video_TS) do not display thumbnails/posters in file mode". Hope this accurately describes the problem, if not then please try and summarise in a sentence and I'll replace the point in the first post with your description.

selepo Wrote:Android Remote stops working on profile switch

Not sure if it's just in the ATV2 version or not and it seems kind of minor with respect to the other issues ...

/Selepo
Thanks for the report Selepo, but I've left it off the first post because it might not be a problem with ATV2. It could be to do with the android remote software, or (as yours is the only report of this I've seen) it could be something particular to your setup. If you want to try and confirm this as an issue with ATV2 XBMC then try and get more confirmations and discussion of the issue by starting a thread topic. If it then looks like an XBMC issue then it can get added as a known issue.