Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- carcaussa - 2011-06-24

09 UI is working great, only problem I've found is that xvids are considerable slower than in 08, now xvid SD is unplayable tested with many different sources and considering that a lot of media out there is still on xvid I will revert to 08

new release 10.0-9 - procrastinator - 2011-06-24

New release: 10.0-9

As has already been mentioned by a few people on the previous page, there is a new release out: release 10.0-9. It should perform better than the 10.0-8, but do bear-in-mind that it is still a work-in-progress.

Also, for those interested, dirty regions should work in this release, though it's still a bit buggy.

To upgrade either SSH in and run the following command:

Code:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

or upgrade via NitoTV

or if you are on an iPhone or iPad then upgrade via Cydia

If you decide that you want to switch back down to 10.0-7 then follow the instructions in this post

It would still be very much really appreciated if you could inform us what issues we can cross of the list in the first post. And if you're reporting a new issue then please try and be specific - just saying something is "borked" isn't really helpful!

- yabbiman - 2011-06-24

Thanks for info proc, this new release plays MP3's good in contrast to 10.0.8 the cpu load is around 80% with my test file. No more hickups so far.
So lets just say 10.0.8 was borked ;-)

- letspex - 2011-06-24

Crash when play a movie

ATV2 version : 4.2.2(2203) XBMC: 10.0-9

http://paste2.org/p/1486807

- Memphiz - 2011-06-24

We would need the mediainfo of the video i think... (sie the first link in my sig how to obtain that)

Code:
ERROR: CDVDAudioCodecPassthroughFFmpeg::Open - FFmpeg SPDIF muxer does not support this codec

- nroien - 2011-06-24

MP3 doesn't work for me on 10.0-9. Hasn't worked since 10.0-7.

spring cleaning! - procrastinator - 2011-06-24

Hi all,

I was hoping to tidy up the first post a bit, but I'm going to need ask for your help! Below are some of the issues which I *think* might be cleared up, but haven't been able to test myself. If you know that they have been patched up please let us know and I'll cross them off the list.

cheers

procrastinator Wrote:
  • Video_TS.IFO will play in file mode, but not in library mode (thanks dtviewer)

• Video_TS playback will not work if menus are included in addition to video files, unless played from a local source (thanks neohusky and this thread, and newsilentsilver)

• ISO playback does not work

• Library scanning / scraping can cause xbmc to crash and/or the scraper itself to crash. Turn off 'Generate Thumbnails'; go into Settings > Video > File and deselect 'extract thumbnails and video information'. (thanks keith)

• Scanning of remote music stalls on folders containing .m4a files (see this thread, fix coming in next release thanks to Memphiz)

• Movies contained in folders (e.g. Video_TS) do not display thumbnails/posters in file mode (thanks dtviewer)

• Keyboard using an eventclient like XBMC Remote on iPhone doesn't seem to work. (thanks keith)

• Time is incorrect - see here for a fix

- rstockm - 2011-06-24

XBMC remote on the iPhone works like charm via WiFi (did so with the 1.0.7, too).

This 1.0.9 build is an impressive step forward in almost every aspect, I'm really impressed. The 1.0.8 really felt broken.

- daMouse - 2011-06-24

I thought the ISO was working in the nighties but I was waiting for next stable release. Just to clarify, before I start this process on my ATV's, the ISO is now broken again with 1.0.9 and this IS the latest stable release? Thanks for clarification in advance.

- Memphiz - 2011-06-24

@procrastinator
- keyboard by remote app is fixed
- time is fixed at least in 4.3.x (timezone can be setup in appletv2 frontrow)

- DarkHelmet - 2011-06-24

yabbiman Wrote:Thanks for info proc, this new release plays MP3's good in contrast to 10.0.8 the cpu load is around 80% with my test file. No more hickups so far.

For me they don't. MP3 files will still only playback when I enable DVDPlayer in the advancedsettings.xml Blush

- procrastinator - 2011-06-24

Thanks! Remote keyboard issue has been removed, and time issue modified

daMouse Wrote:I thought the ISO was working in the nighties but I was waiting for next stable release. Just to clarify, before I start this process on my ATV's, the ISO is now broken again with 1.0.9 and this IS the latest stable release? Thanks for clarification in advance.

If it was working in the nightlies then it's almost certainly going to be working in the latest stable release (10.0-9). What I was trying to establish in post #277 was whether this issue had been resolved, and if the resolution could be confirmed by anyone who has installed 10.0-9. I wasn't saying that it is broken in 10.0-9. Personally, I haven't been able to install 10.0-9 yet, and even once I do, then I don't have any ISOs to be able to test it myself, so I'm relying on reports from others.

- rirawin - 2011-06-24

Just to confirm, is it advised to upgrade to 4.3 (4.2.2) for the 10.0-9 release? Or can we comfortably stay at 4.2.1 (4.1.1) and still upgrade to 10.0-9?

Thanks

- davilla - 2011-06-24

rirawin Wrote:Just to confirm, is it advised to upgrade to 4.3 (4.2.2) for the 10.0-9 release? Or can we comfortably stay at 4.2.1 (4.1.1) and still upgrade to 10.0-9?

Thanks

Either is fine.

- daMouse - 2011-06-24

procrastinator Wrote:If it was working in the nightlies then it's almost certainly going to be working in the latest stable release (10.0-9). What I was trying to establish in post #277 was whether this issue had been resolved, and if the resolution could be confirmed by anyone who has installed 10.0-9. I wasn't saying that it is broken in 10.0-9. Personally, I haven't been able to install 10.0-9 yet, and even once I do, then I don't have any ISOs to be able to test it myself, so I'm relying on reports from others.

Understand now and will wait for others to chime in. Thanks.

Oops...just realized I said nighties and not nightlies. I guess there would be a slight difference.