Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- cyrusir - 2011-06-24

ui seems much much quicker

for me all is well except, as noted by a previous poster, even sd xvids are now unplayable

- yabbiman - 2011-06-24

DarkHelmet Wrote:For me they don't. MP3 files will still only playback when I enable DVDPlayer in the advancedsettings.xml Blush

Yes, I forgot to mention, I also use DVDPlayer enabled with that file. It plays everything just fine, don't need PAPlayer or whatever it is.
Happy camper with the 10.0.9 build Cool

No subtitles when UPNP - Kort68 - 2011-06-25

If I add a media path using UPNP source, not displaying the subtitles. If I add the same media path as a SMB source, the subtitles is good.

- procrastinator - 2011-06-25

Kort68 Wrote:If I add a media path using UPNP source, not displaying the subtitles. If I add the same media path as a SMB source, the subtitles is good.

That's normal. Subtitles aren't automatically found under UPnP. If you want to display the subtitle under UPnP playback then you need to specify the subtitle file's location separately (via the OSD audio menu).

- dallasnights - 2011-06-25

hey team how do you get rid of the stuff on the upper left corner that shows build, memory etc, second how do you make pandora and weather plus work on 09

Thanks all

dallasnights Wrote:hey team how do you get rid of the stuff on the upper left corner that shows build, memory etc, second how do you make pandora and weather plus work on 09

Thanks all

The stuff in the top-left corner is there because it's in debug mode. To switch it off go to settings > system > debugging > switch off debug log

The other stuff, I'm not sure about. I think there's been some changes "under the hood" which will stop a lot of the addons being compatible with 10.0-9. Try checking out the addons' threads in the addon forum. You should try and find out if they've got versions which are compatible with the latest nightlies (on all platforms), if they do then try that and it'll probably work.

- milli - 2011-06-25

I can confirm the following works for me(10.0.9 on 4.2.2) in file mode over smb with de-interlace turned off

Quote:Video_TS playback will not work if menus are included in addition to video files, unless played from a local source (thanks neohusky and this thread, and newsilentsilver)

ISO playback does not work

Time is incorrect - see here for a fix

- robjg63 - 2011-06-25

I can confirm that 10.0-9 works fine for avi/xvid files for me, also that browsing to a VIDEO_TS folder in file mode and pressing play seems to work fine - I only have a G wifi network - so it starts buffering a little - but I guess thats my issue. Both of these items played ok under 10.0-8 as well. File play starts in around 5 seconds now - so much quicker than 10.0-8.

Also - browsing the folders (in file mode) is now much quicker as well.

Can also confirm that the music playback seems not to be working.
Tried mp3 files and wav and flac - all seems to hang xbmc and I had to do a reboot.

If anyone wants a log file (now I know where/how to get it) just let me know.

- ytsejam1138 - 2011-06-25

To get music working in 10.0.9 copy the code below into a text document and save the file as advancedsettings.xml Place the file in
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Code:
<advancedsettings>    

<audio>

<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>

</audio>

</advancedsettings>

Thanks go to DarkHelmet for the tip a few posts back.

- tuxing - 2011-06-25

just installed latest official on iPad1 with ios5 b2.
can confirm xbmc is working well ,though seems to be bit slow on menus.
The new xbmc build is great, but has few shortcomings
absence of waiting(circle) indicator while browsing folders, files.
inability to scroll left-right through task bar in home screen.

Thanks developers for this truly magical player/suite

- AndrewWOz - 2011-06-25

First post, been using xbmc on my new ATV2 for about a week now. Great to see such a great product. I'd like to confirm that this new 0.9 version seems much quicker in the interface than the previous daily I was running, and seems to handle some of my 1080p content that use to stutter like crazy on the previous release.

edit: removed question, better in its own thread

Feedback 10.0-9 - Mmz06 - 2011-06-25

Hi team,
First of all, thanks to all the devs in this community, like Procrastinator as this product is so good today, even for an EA version. I wouldn't have imagined getting a so good product in terms of technical engine but also GUI and overall features, running on just a one hundred bucks box...
Anyway, here's my feedback:

Platform: ATV2 4.3.3 jailbroken with Seas0n Pass.
Network: 100baseTX switched
Videos:
- X264 works like a charm (mkv, mp4)
- no thumbnails created for m4a, but playback works
- iso, ifo, vob works but dvd menu is very slow, even if movie is played perfectly and no thumbnails for all vobs
Music:
- the advancedsettings.XML does the trick. No music play without it.

- AndrewWOz - 2011-06-25

thirdsun Wrote:While trying some skins on the Apple TV 2G i got the impression that xbmc for iOS seems to lack some kind of anti-aliasing or clear type fonts. Is this true? Compared to the desktop versions text and posters/covers don't look smooth at all. Is this something that could be activated in the xml settings somewhere?

I'd like to second this report. I have all my thumbnails/fanart loaded locally with my media, so both my ATV2 and MacBook Pro are using exactly the same source for these images. They look crystal clear and razor sharp on my MBP, but look grainy and washed out on the ATV2. It's almost as thought they are being roughly down-resed before being displayed on the ATV2, like what you'd expect to see if you took a nice high res image, loaded it in paint and saved in JPG format with a quality setting of about 5. On my 58" 1080p plasma, it really doesn't look very nice at all.

Note: Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm in awe of the work you guys do, and it would be great if something could be done about this at some point, noting that it is in no way critical.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I've crossed off the IFO, ISO, and Video_TS points from the first page, and made a note about getting music playback to work.

@Mmz06: thanks for the report on the lack of M4A thumbnails. As this is the first report of that issue I'm going to hold off from adding it to the issues list just in case its particular to your set up. Any further reports of it working or not from anybody else would be very welcome.

Mmz06 Wrote:Hi team,
First of all, thanks to all the devs in this community, like Procrastinator as this product is so good today, even for an EA version. I wouldn't have imagined getting a so good product in terms of technical engine but also GUI and overall features, running on just a one hundred bucks box...

Thanks for the praise of XBMC, it really is an amazing bit of software that still sets the benchmark for other media centre applications. Personally though, I can't claim any of the credit for its development; I'm just a user with a relatively good working knowledge of the software. There are a lot of developers working on XBMC, but the biggest credit for the iOS version should go to Davilla, Gimli, Amet, Keith, and Memphiz. If you've got the necessary skills to code for XBMC that's it's a great way to contribute. If not you can still give back by providing support for other users, or by donating money to the project.

- robjg63 - 2011-06-25

AndrewWOz Wrote:I'd like to second this report. I have all my thumbnails/fanart loaded locally with my media, so both my ATV2 and MacBook Pro are using exactly the same source for these images. They look crystal clear and razor sharp on my MBP, but look grainy and washed out on the ATV2. It's almost as thought they are being roughly down-resed before being displayed on the ATV2, like what you'd expect to see if you took a nice high res image, loaded it in paint and saved in JPG format with a quality setting of about 5. On my 58" 1080p plasma, it really doesn't look very nice at all.

Note: Please don't take this as a complaint, I'm in awe of the work you guys do, and it would be great if something could be done about this at some point, noting that it is in no way critical.

Just remember you are pointing out that an image displayed to a MBP screen of XX" doesnt look as good when displayed on a 58" screen. Unless the source file is a full HD file (the ATV2 can only do a max of 720p) then it would likely be stretching an image an awful lot wouldn't it?

What is the video spec of your source file?