Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Ger Teunis - 2011-06-25

procrastinator Wrote:I've crossed off the IFO, ISO, and Video_TS points from the first page, and made a note about getting music playback to work.

Why did you cross them off?
Playback of ISO/Video_TS is still very bad and choppy?

- procrastinator - 2011-06-25

Ger Teunis Wrote:Why did you cross them off?
Playback of ISO/Video_TS is still very bad and choppy?

OK, here are the points that I just crossed off:
Quote:
  • Video_TS.IFO will play in file mode, but not in library mode (thanks dtviewer)

• Video_TS playback will not work if menus are included in addition to video files, unless played from a local source (thanks neohusky and this thread, and newsilentsilver)

• ISO playback does not work

Do they fit with what you are experiencing? If they do I can reinstate them. If not, then please suggest an alternative that accurately describes the issue that still exists.

- AndrewWOz - 2011-06-25

robjg63 Wrote:Just remember you are pointing out that an image displayed to a MBP screen of XX" doesnt look as good when displayed on a 58" screen. Unless the source file is a full HD file (the ATV2 can only do a max of 720p) then it would likely be stretching an image an awful lot wouldn't it?

What is the video spec of your source file?

Video is fine. We are specifically talking about fanart/thumbnails etc. And I've compared ATV2 on the plasma vs MBP on the tv and seen a large difference in quality.

AndrewWOz Wrote:Video is fine. We are specifically talking about fanart/thumbnails etc. And I've compared ATV2 on the plasma vs MBP on the tv and seen a large difference in quality.

Have you tried outputting from your MBP to your TV at the same resolution that the ATV2 outputs at? (720p is 720x1280). On such a large screen the difference in resolution is likely to be noticeable.

If the difference between ATV2 and MBP output is still clear after that then it might be worth starting your own thread on the subject. It might be worth taking photographs of the difference in output to illustrate what you mean. It's a bit difficult to 'get it' from a text description

- lowridin_guy - 2011-06-25

Just downloaded 10-9 last night and everything is working very well. Fan art and covers load quick again and all my SD Xvid movies are playing back perfectly! Thank you to the developers!Smile

- AndrewWOz - 2011-06-25

procrastinator Wrote:Have you tried outputting from your MBP to your TV at the same resolution that the ATV2 outputs at? (720p is 720x1280). On such a large screen the difference in resolution is likely to be noticeable.

Yep I've done that and the difference is noticeable. Unfortunately I just upgraded to the latest stable release and now my OSX client won't run any more because the ios update modified the format of the mySQL database and I can't work out which version of the OSX client to run that will work with the updated database. Once I've got that figured out, I will try and take some comparison pictures.

- Ned Scott - 2011-06-25

For known issues can it be added that bluetooth keyboard support for XBMC does not work on non-ATV2 iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod)? It doesn't matter if one is using Apple's bluetooth stack included in iOS or if they are using "BTStack", which is also what is used on the ATV2. I believe this is an XBMC specific issue due to the way keyboard input is sort of hacked in, and the other iOS devices just need the same hack applied?

I have only found one post where this is mentioned:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=717359&postcount=2

Until (and even after) there is better touch controls of some kind (or a small screen skin) this would be another great alternative way for us small screen users to be able to practically use XBMC. A lot of people have BT keyboard cases, or in my case, an iControlpad that can give keyboard input. Plus, iPhone + AV out + small BT remote/keyboard = ATV2 in your pocket.

Ned Scott Wrote:For known issues can it be added that bluetooth keyboard support for XBMC does not work on non-ATV2 iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod)?

Done!

- kahmeal - 2011-06-25

Is there any way to map "hold up" and "hold down" on the ATV remote to do a BigStepForward and BigStepBack, respectively?

kahmeal Wrote:Is there any way to map "hold up" and "hold down" on the ATV remote to do a BigStepForward and BigStepBack, respectively?

see this thread for a keymap.xml with BigStepForward and BigStepBack mapped to up and down.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94577

It's mapped so you just press the button rather than hold it down. I might be wrong, but I don't think that you can map a different function to holding down the direction buttons. I think it's only the 'select' and 'menu' buttons which can be assigned separate functions for holding down... I think!

- kahmeal - 2011-06-25

Yea, I already remapped them to up/down, I was hoping for some additional functionality from those two buttons since we're already pretty limited on this little remote. According to the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Apple_Remote) there are full screen mappings for holding left/right but I don't see any for up/down. Perhaps this can be added somehow?

- carcaussa - 2011-06-25

carcaussa Wrote:09 UI is working great, only problem I've found is that xvids are considerable slower than in 08, now xvid SD is unplayable tested with many different sources and considering that a lot of media out there is still on xvid I will revert to 08

Found the problem, it was trying to deinterlace all, even when is not needed because setting was "auto", so a workaround is just to disable it. Also music still not working, had to set default player to dvdplayer.

- tom_nuke - 2011-06-26

carcaussa Wrote:Found the problem, it was trying to deinterlace all, even when is not needed because setting was "auto", so a workaround is just to disable it. Also music still not working, had to set default player to dvdplayer.

Thank You!!! Was finally able to upgrade from the original release.

Is the only place to change this setting while playing a video?

- SandmanCL - 2011-06-26

10.0-9 keeps crashing on me. The AE branch of 10.0-8 from today works fine but whenever I try to 0-9 it just just brings be back to Front row. Nothing but info and debug messages in xbmc.log, with the last one being

Code:
INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml

- zinneken - 2011-06-26

Bug report, not sure it is xbmc, jailbreaking or atv bug, but here it is:

I updated atv to latest firmware, did a clean jailbreak with seasonpass, clean nitotv install and update, clean xbmc 10.0-9 with updates of plugins, selected 16bit sound option instead of auto.

Here is my setup and use:
Home cinema projector with dual HDMI input. One for the atv (movies through xbmc/music through itunes), one for connecting the computer (pictures/presentations).
The home cinema projector doesn't do sound, so I have the atv toslink linked to a cambridge audio dac and amplifier.

All works great, except in the following circumstances:

When I change the HDMI input on the projector from the atv to the computer, all sound stops. Itunes still streams, but no sound comes from the stereo. Going back to the atv as hdmi input doesn't bring back the sound. The atv shows the itunes music that is playing on screen, but no sound. So as soon as I change the hdmi input on the projector, the atv stops giving sound to my DAC.
There is no other remedy then to reboot the atv with the atv selected as input on the projector.

When I boot the atv without the projector turned on, itunes gives an error 1500. Subsequently turning the projector on yields a completely black screen, having to reboot the atv with the projector turned on and atv as source, and all works again.

Does anyone know how to solve this? It is useful to have music when watching pictures ... And xbmc doesn't handle Nikon and Canon RAW formats, so I am bound to the computer. And, this was not the case on atv os 4.1.1 with xbmc 10.0

Anyone else with this bug and a solution how to solve it? Thanks!