Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Memphiz - 2011-08-18

10.0-7 is not campatible with ios 4.3 ... any hardware decoded video will crash there...

- Joebeer - 2011-08-19

im not sure where to post this but i hope someone here can help. xbmc has just started crashing last week. it crashes as soon as i click on it. my atv2 is on 4.2.2 and jailbroken with season pass and have updatebegone installed through nitotv since i jailbroke it a couple months ago. oh and im on the june 23rd build. i just tried to install xbmc with putty and got this dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

- Joebeer - 2011-08-19

i logged into atv2 using putty and entered apt-get install wget on the first line then thats when i get dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

- Joebeer - 2011-08-19

i was able to install xbmc but it just crashes. i have had updatebegone installed before 4.3 came out. should i update my apple tv to 4.3 or downgrade xbmc? i guess i should look through the forums?

- Memphiz - 2011-08-19

you should post your syslog and crashlog - as stated in the first link in my signature - and yes its a good idea to read the forum aswell Wink

- mrsalive - 2011-08-21

Can someone please tell me how to get to the debug logs for xbmc? I see in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log address in the FAQ, but I have no idea what to do with it... Do I have to plug my ATV2 into a computer to get at these?

- rickrude - 2011-08-21

mrsalive Wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get to the debug logs for xbmc? I see in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log address in the FAQ, but I have no idea what to do with it... Do I have to plug my ATV2 into a computer to get at these?

Sounds like you should google 'winscp' and download that. Then you can connect to ATV and browse to the log and open it in notepad. You then of course copy and paste that to pastebin, and link it here.

There is an xbmc addon that can do this for you, details in the sticky thread.

20th -Aug Build - menno - 2011-08-22

NIce to see some improvement in fanart, it seems it does some caching. On the otherhand mkv's with embedded subs now stutter.

Is fanart downloaded onto the atv2 device, or does it always look for it on the net? I assume the first but, I became unsure about it.

Also changing background images of weather/movies/music/system etc is still a tad slow.

- hdp0 - 2011-08-23

Folks,
I have xbmc installed on my appletv2 and running Icefilms (1.0.11) plug-in on it - it was working great until yesterday afternoon. I still can get into the different menus, i.e. Movies --> Genres --> Comedy --> I get the list of the movies, but when I get into a movie, I'm just getting the .. (2 dots / like the root). The files for the movies are simply not there. What could be wrong? Thanks hdp0

- Set845 - 2011-08-23

Icefims.info is down right now. Go to the icefilms thread here check a few pages back from the last page. You will find a back up solution, vds icefilms. It's an alternate plugin that points to icefilms backup server. Install the zip and you can use the backup for times when the main server is down. It doesn't get updated daily like the main server, maybe a week or so behind, but it does get updated.

- leinadhok - 2011-08-23

Hi all,

Hope this question is posted in the correct section. Is file sharing via WebDAV or smb preferred? Also must I scan all information before ATV2 can read the files?

- hdp0 - 2011-08-23

Set845 Wrote:Icefims.info is down right now. Go to the icefilms thread here check a few pages back from the last page. You will find a back up solution, vds icefilms. It's an alternate plugin that points to icefilms backup server. Install the zip and you can use the backup for times when the main server is down. It doesn't get updated daily like the main server, maybe a week or so behind, but it does get updated.

Thank youBig Grin

- jd2157 - 2011-08-23

leinadhok Wrote:Hi all,

Hope this question is posted in the correct section. Is file sharing via WebDAV or smb preferred? Also must I scan all information before ATV2 can read the files?

Probably webDAV is preferred if you're having performance issues or if you're running Lion on the system sharing the media otherwise most folks use SMB. FTP is also popular to deal with performance issues.

I don't scan any of my video files since I watch them and delete them... no reason to save most of the shows I watch.

- leinadhok - 2011-08-23

jd2157 Wrote:Probably webDAV is preferred if you're having performance issues or if you're running Lion on the system sharing the media otherwise most folks use SMB. FTP is also popular to deal with performance issues.

I don't scan any of my video files since I watch them and delete them... no reason to save most of the shows I watch.

Thanks jd2157 for your reply. Did more reading up and found the problem of my disappearing files (Movies, TV shows, etc) in the library. WebDAV was giving me problems and decided to go SMB. Just curious, if I were to change from SMB to WebDAV in future, will I need to scan everything again? Quite a hassle as we've got a lot of shows Sad

- jd2157 - 2011-08-24

leinadhok Wrote:Thanks jd2157 for your reply. Did more reading up and found the problem of my disappearing files (Movies, TV shows, etc) in the library. WebDAV was giving me problems and decided to go SMB. Just curious, if I were to change from SMB to WebDAV in future, will I need to scan everything again? Quite a hassle as we've got a lot of shows Sad

I don't know for sure, all I can do is guess... but I'd assume that you wouldn't have to rescan everything. I'd think/hope XBMC was smart enough to save metadata to it's library and not care about which protocol was used... but I could be wrong.