Kodi Community Forum
FAQ/info/issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: FAQ/info/issues (/showthread.php?tid=91581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- jerkychew - 2011-02-13

I'm back. Uninstall and reinstall ia Cydia did not work. it turns out. The issue seems to be more intermittent - Sometimes it spans the whole device, sometimes it's shrunk, even if opened in landscape mode.

New bug: No way to get to the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons when adding a source, even when the display is working correctly. It's as if they're too low and off-screen. LMK if you'd like screenshots.

- PJDiddy - 2011-02-14

jerkychew Wrote:I'm back. Uninstall and reinstall ia Cydia did not work. it turns out. The issue seems to be more intermittent - Sometimes it spans the whole device, sometimes it's shrunk, even if opened in landscape mode.

I jailbroke my 3GS 16GB just to get XBMC (10.0-5) on it and I seem to be suffering the problem and again it's intermittent although it seems to help if I launch it in landscape but not always.

My library consists of mainly ISO's which suffer from too much buffering to be watchable over the network like others have reported, has anyone tried a local ISO? I have no room lift on my phone to try but just wondered if it was a playback issue or a network problem. Will it be fixed in a later release?

- amet - 2011-02-14

Thewolf Wrote:Any news on SSA subs working ?

do you see any updates about it in a first post?

- Gooki - 2011-02-15

Can one add - volume control and mute not functioning to the list of current issues for XBMC on AppleTV2.

See thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92890

- Thewolf - 2011-02-15

I have worked out how to get SSA subtitles working is the latest nightly build, turn off hardware decoding and they will all show perfectly now. Only issue is now the videos play back all choppy. Catch 22.

- Dubtube - 2011-02-17

Hello guys really love xbmc on atv 2g but I see there is a known issue of xbmc crashing when scanning for video info , is there a fix fOr this as I would to see movie info and thumbs and fanart!

If this is has been asked before I'm sorry and could I be pointed to tue correct post, thanks, richie

- cgravelle - 2011-02-17

There is a note right in the first post:

Quote:Library scanning / scraping causes xbmc to crash and/or the scraper itself. Turn off 'Generate Thumbnails' under Settings > File Types

- Thewolf - 2011-02-17

I just scan all my videos with XBMC on my Mac then export the nfo thb ect and point XBMC on the Apple to that folder. Everything shows up perfectly.

- AlessandroSS - 2011-02-18

I successfully installed XMBC (Feb 7th released version) on ATV2 jailbroken with GreenPoison RC6 accessing my movie collection stored in a Time Capsule. I chose the WiFi connection due to the higher bandwidth with 802.11n on 5 GHz.

There are 2 main issues that I'm still willing to solve, maybe someone also had this problem and solved somehow and could share the experience.

- I'm using Transparency! skin, in fanart view of my collection I get about 5 seconds to update every fanart of a movie I choose in the collection and also a delay on showing the DVD pictures of the movies that appear on the screen. I use XBMC on an iMac with the same movie collection accessing the same Time Capsule and the fanart and DVD pictures load instantly. The only difference is that the connection of the iMac to the Time Capsule is through Gigabit direct cable, but as I understand the fanarts and DVD pictures are stored locally on ATV2 and iMac, should not influence on a so high difference of viewing performance.

- Also experienced constant buffering for some movies, mainly for ISO and 1080p, but for those I found out at some topics that it's a known issue.

Thanks!

- procrastinator - 2011-02-18

This thread is for REPORTING and INFORMING OTHERS of known issues with XBMC for ATV2/iOS.

as it says in the first post in BOLD BLOCK CAPITALS:

procrastinator Wrote:PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD AS A TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION OR PLACE TO ASK IF "XYZ" IS WORKING OR NOT. Issues should be discussed elsewhere and confirmed before adding to this thread.

If you want to do any of those things please start a new thread or post in a relevant one that already exists

procrastinator Wrote:This thread is for REPORTING and INFORMING OTHERS of known issues with XBMC for ATV2/iOS.

as it says in the first post in BOLD BLOCK CAPITALS:

If you want to do any of those things please start a new thread or post in a relevant one that already exists

Ok, then I'm informing of an issue that no one commented on until now.

- procrastinator - 2011-02-18

From precisely the same quote:
procrastinator Wrote:Issues should be discussed elsewhere and confirmed before adding to this thread.

Issues should be confirmed because if it is an issue that only you are having, then it's probably not an issue with XBMC itself. I only ask for confirmation of issues so the list doesn't get filled with false information. Issues will not be added to the list unless they are substantiated

Ok, please a moderator delete my latest messages.

- kadiblov - 2011-02-18

Clean Library function is also not working. Confirmed. Looking for alternatives to reset the library and restart scanning again.

- Maetrik - 2011-02-18

I noticed some issues and i dont know if they have been mentioned yet:

Sometimes when starting XBMC after waking up the aTV from sleep no network connection (to SMB) can be established. Restarting XBMC fixes this
Also i dont alway get an HDMI signal after sleep and i have to reboot the aTV to get picture again (its non XBMC related, i know, it happens in iOS as well)
Resume doesnt work properly, sometimes XBMC askes for resuming but when i agree, the movie/series is starting from beginning though (I'm using XBMC with MySQL on my NAS for syncing between my aTV2 and my aTV1)