[Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-14 01:21
it's explained here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=749360&postcount=6
- XanDaph - 2011-03-14 01:33
I did a sudo apt-get install tvheadend and there it went. Also I noticed a line in the installation process:
Replacing files in old package hts-tvheadend ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
ureadahead will be reprofiled on next reboot
So I did a reboot and everything looks ok. I assume the installation went ok?!
Edit: Noticed hts-tvheadend (2.12.svn5683~odk1) is still installed.. also tvheadend is installed (2.12~git20110313.1aa214~ppa-pvr-odk1~lucid). Hmmmm, do I need to uninstall hts-tvheadend manualy??
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-14 02:09
hmm the package should have done that automatically. did it when I tested it.
yeah do this:
that should replace and start the new tvheadend
- joethefox - 2011-03-14 09:42
thank you for last build! pvr branch is growing very well... two thinks:
- there is a big issue not regarding TV: Music ProjectM visualization doesn't work, it crashes xbmc every time...
- at the moment efforts are in stability/functionallity, but I think that pvr GUI need a polish, especially with remote control interactions and group/bouquet navigation.
Keep it up the good work!
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-14 10:23
joethefox Wrote:- there is a big issue not regarding TV: Music ProjectM visualization doesn't work, it crashes xbmc every time...looks like a problem in mainline xbmc. will probably be fixed when I merge the next time.
Quote:- at the moment efforts are in stability/functionallity, but I think that pvr GUI need a polish, especially with remote control interactions and group/bouquet navigation.the GUI will get attention too, but not at this time, unless someone else wants to spend some time on it.
Video Playback Stuttering - akr884 - 2011-03-14 14:06
Hey Dushmaniac, I saw that you've been working mostly on the EPG, but I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to fix choppy playback when there's low video/audio quality. It's also a problem for me if I switch the audio track/language while watching a channel (it seems to cancel out the skip first I-frame fix) by dropping the audio quality from ~35% to somewhere between 1-5%.
There's no way to temporarily slow down playback to rebuild the buffer? Or even a quick pause would be better than constantly stuttering video.
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-14 14:17
I'm aware of that issue and it will be looked into. skipping the first I-frame isn't really a fix but just a work around so you don't get stuttering on nearly everything.
- stemann - 2011-03-14 16:56
VAAPI support seems to be missing from the new PPA build - can it be? I tried both the PPA and compiling your latest trunk, dushmaniac.
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-14 18:19
it's disabled in xbmc-packaging. I'll have a look at enabling it in the next build.
if you compile manually (and run configure with --enable-vaapi) it works.
XBMC not shutting down - Ruud - 2011-03-15 08:41
yesterday updated to the new odk XBMC version (git20110313). I haven't updated my server yet with a new version of tvheadend (2.12).
I am unable to shutdown my htpc: either via the remote or via the interface. xbmc just restarts.
logs can be found here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/580456/
Keep up the good work!
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-15 10:23
sounds like a problem in the "live scripts". thanks for reporting it.
- janumix - 2011-03-15 14:31
Dushmaniac - thanks for new build - a lot of work has been done - thanks again.
Just want to report things:
1. EPG offset (add-on properties) do not work i.e. timeline starts from 20:00 (left side of screen) whether current time is 21:00 - no matter what offset is set up.
2. looks like there are some problems with correctneyss of date/times when manuall scheduling recodings - ie. program should start 15.03.2011 23:35 but xbmc/tvheadend stores 16.03.2011 01:00.
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-15 14:49
1) that's the EPG linger time. was a GUISetting before but it's been moved to AdvancedSettings.
2) could you post an xbmc debug log and tvheadend debug log (the output when you start tvheadend from the console with -d) with the "addDvrEntry" event logged.
- Ruud - 2011-03-16 21:36
yesterday also installed tvheadend from your git.
In XBMC in the tv plugin / channelmanager I reorder the channels, but after 2 or 3 channel moves, xbmc crashes and restarts (with all settings lost).
crashlog can be found here
hope this helps,
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-16 21:37
just pushed fixes to github. will be included in the next build, later this week.
this commit to be exact: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit/4427f2583ae623e78d91a3fdfc5b9a6c3626b887