[Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [Linux] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
- mason - 2011-03-09 13:07
thanks for the info dushmaniac, i gladly wait!
How to update to 10.1? - odoll - 2011-03-10 13:34
@dushmaniac: any recommendations how the ones which use your ppa should react to the recently released Dharma 10.1 Bug Fix version?
sorry for the n00b Q, but what be the right approach to swing back to the official release (*)? Or could we expect one of your versions so be build on the latest 10.1 soon as well?
thx & cheers
(*) frankly though I'm using your binary I'm not using the "Live TV" option, but working with a HTSP link in the Video section ;-)
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-10 14:13
I won't do any Dharma based releases anymore. The PVR code is completely different from what it was when Dharma (and Dharma-pvr) was released and I'm not going to backport that all.
Like I've said before, I'll probably publish new builds this week, but those will be created from the current development tree. That tree is not compatible with Dharma and you cannot go back to Dharma after installing it, without recreating your database files.
These are the issues that I want to have a look at before releasing anything:
- renumbering channels and hiding channels hasn't been fully re-implemented yet.
- can't schedule timers in tvheadend due to a change in upstream. will have to change a couple of things in tvheadend (htsp.c) to allow timers without coupled EPG events.
- opening streams doesn't always work on windows when using tvheadend (failures in ReadResult()). retrying a couple of times is a work around. haven't investigated the cause yet. I've seen similar behaviour on linux, when the EPG is being updated, but it happens 50% of the time on windows.
- cpvrtimerinfotag values are (displayed) incorrectly on windows. probably out of scope values being used.
- entering the timer window crashes xbmc on windows. probably same cause as the previous
I might have a look at those windows issues after finishing up on linux, so the windows release will probably follow a bit later.
I'll contact the other addon developers, to ask to send me their latest stable changes, so those can be included in the build.
To be absolutely clear: this doesn't mean PVR is ready to be merged with mainline XBMC yet!
- Razor_109 - 2011-03-10 14:41
Nice good to hear a new build is coming!
Any chance you have some sparetime to summerise the changes you've made and which improvements to expect? Or will there not be much diffrence for the end-user and you soley cleaned up the code?
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-10 17:11
It's mainly a rewrite of large parts of the pvr related code and it contains a lot of bugfixes.
This is what end users will notice (but I know I'm forgetting a lot here):
- the stability and speed will be improved greatly
- channels can be part of multiple groups now
- changes in the backend (timers changed, channels changed, etc.) will appear in xbmc within a second
- channel settings are stored and used properly now
For tvheadend users:
- zapping time improved greatly
- xbmc will use tvheadend's channel order and channel icons now
- some bugfixes in the addon
There are also some interesting changes in mainline xbmc that have been merged, like a new ffmpeg.
A full log can be found on github: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commits/master
- jacksback - 2011-03-10 17:50
Do you sleep much?
Awesome change list. Eagerly waiting to try it out
- mason - 2011-03-10 19:22
Can't thank you enough with all youre effort here, otherwise pvr would be pretty much at the bottom of the priority list!!
- Razor_109 - 2011-03-10 19:38
Cool! Awesome changelog! Even more excited now for the new release!
Thanks for the hard work!
I've been having alot of trouble with Oscam crashing without errors or notices in logs.. anyone else suffering the same? I haven't had the time to post a full debug log in a forum somewhere but maybe there are known issues! Oscam crashes at least once in 5 days, never get uptime above 5 days, often even less! Guessed there are a couple of oscam-user here in this topic
- fl0PPsy - 2011-03-11 09:35
dushmaniac Wrote:Windows builds can be found here: http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/
Thanks very much for posting that link. I've given it a go and apart from crashing XBMC when you scroll over the TIMER button (which I never use anyway) I havent had any other issues. It seems to be working pretty well actualy.
Now if only I could get the Live TV menu item to pop up on the main menu when using the Aeon MQ2 skin but thats a separate issue.
- opdenkamp - 2011-03-11 10:22
yeah I'm aware of that crash and some problems that probably have the same cause.