Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- ant_thomas - 2011-04-10

What's the dual tuner support like for TVHeadend now?

Previously you would have to scan for channels on both tuners and recording and watching on separate tuners was hassle.

- kdevane - 2011-04-10

ant_thomas Wrote:What's the dual tuner support like for TVHeadend now?

Previously you would have to scan for channels on both tuners and recording and watching on separate tuners was hassle.

I've got a Dual DVB-S2 card in one setup and a Dual DVB-T usb stick in another, both were very simple setup. Just needed to scan on one tuner then tell TVHeadend to copy everything to the second tuner.
The few times i've recorded and watched something at the same time, i didn't have any trouble. Also watch live tv with the 2 tuners without issue.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-10

andoma was talking earlier about changing the workings of tvheadend so multiple tuner setups become less work to set up. no idea about any eta.

- jack burton - 2011-04-11

Hi all,
i successfully installed xbmc-dharma pvr as described on the first post of this thread, i've only two problems:
- live tv is choppy : it seems like the player continuosly try to synchronize the video flow ... alternating slow and fast reproduction ...
- if i don't set "vertical sync" in video settings, in the home page i have 90-100 fps and the cpu load is constantly 100%... This didn't happen before the last upgrade of xbmc..

I'll post a log in the evening,
Thank you.

- bas.t - 2011-04-11

@ dushmaniac

Thanks a lot for your new build, genres are showing again in the epg.

However, when I try to schedule a recording from within th epg ( timeline mode ) xbmc randomly crashes. So I can schedule my recordings, but I may have to restart xbmc several times, or not... Sometimes all is OK.

Anyway, you may want to have a look at the latest crashlog: http://pastebin.com/yXpm7bj7

Cheers,

bas.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-11

thanks for the log. I'll check it out.

edit:
this should fix it: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit/9e7660f8e2f0d23803d266fa049e837cb795fcfe
it'll be included in the next build

- bas.t - 2011-04-11

dushmaniac Wrote:thanks for the log. I'll check it out.

edit:
this should fix it: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit/9e7660f8e2f0d23803d266fa049e837cb795fcfe
it'll be included in the next build

Thanks a lot for your quick fix.
Are you planning on building this anytime soon, or should I build it from git?

And another question:
if I download the source from git in a newly created directory, should I still do this?

Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

git clean -xfd

Bas.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-11

don't build from "master" unless you're developing. I'll probably publish an updated ppa build again later this week.

- Nemphys - 2011-04-11

Hi, just wanted to say that even with the latest build (built from github 30 minutes ago), there is still a problem with the recordings list not being refreshed properly.
Eg. i am watching a channel and I start recording it (either with the record button on the osd or through epg). If I go to the recordings list, it does not appear. Even after I stop recording it (through the epg -> stop recording), it still does not appear on the recordings list.
Also, while recording, the "now recording" popup on the main screen actually reads "Now recording", but the program name, the channel name and the time are wrong (they are actually the next scheduled recording).
Also (this is just a cosmetic issue), the recording indicator on the epg (red circle) is drawn OVER the scheduled recorded icon, which looks weird.
Finally, on the latest builds, the epg refresh upon xbmc start has become quite slow.
Any help would be appreciated dushmaniac.... (btw, I just issued a ticket on the tvheadend tracker, too, I think it concerns some of your code, please check when you can)
Thank you for the continuous effort on this

- _BJ1 - 2011-04-11

Installed last build from ppa. If a timer is set from epg, no pre and post margin times are set anymore even if margin times are defined both in tvheadend and xbmc (I mean preroll and postrecord times for a scheduled timer). Sorry for my bad english.

_BJ1

EDIT: It did after a few restarts. Sometimes it makes we wonder... What has priority - the margin within xbmc or margin within tvheadend?

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-11

Nemphys Wrote:Hi, just wanted to say that even with the latest build (built from github 30 minutes ago), there is still a problem with the recordings list not being refreshed properly.
probably, which causes the other issues too.

Quote:Also (this is just a cosmetic issue), the recording indicator on the epg (red circle) is drawn OVER the scheduled recorded icon, which looks weird
indeed.

Quote:Finally, on the latest builds, the epg refresh upon xbmc start has become quite slow.
it's as slow/fast as always, but the difference is that the whole epg is loaded in one iteration of the update loop now. what happened before is that only a couple of hours were loaded and progress bar was displayed in the first iteration and the rest was loaded in the second iteration. I'll change it back again later but removed it when I was cleaning up the update code there.

Quote:btw, I just issued a ticket on the tvheadend tracker, too, I think it concerns some of your code
might help if you post a link to that ticket Smile

_BJ1 Wrote:Installed last build from ppa. If a timer is set from epg, no pre and post margin times are set anymore even if margin times are defined both in tvheadend and xbmc
yeah I changed the api but didn't change it in the add-on code yet. I'll fix it before the next build.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-11

now that I think of it, I probably just fixed that issue with the timers/recordings not refreshing with the commit I pushed before I typed that post Smile I'll test if it's really fixed.

- Nemphys - 2011-04-11

Sorry, my mistake.
Link to ticket:
http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/432

I'll pull the commit and check about the recordings, too.

- opdenkamp - 2011-04-11

right, that's not my doing Smile I just implemented emm for irdeto in there and made an attempt at another one who's name I forgot. and now that you link that ticket I remember I still have to finish that someday soon Smile

anyways, since softcams are illegal in a lot of countries, we won't talk about the details here. the only thing I'll say about it is that you should switch to an Open Source CAM and the problem will probably be solved.

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-04-12

using latest ppa: VideoPlayer.Time and VideoPlayer.Duration in LiveTV OSD aren't updated when switching channels. Values remains unchanged (of first show when livetv channel is opened)