Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- konti - 2011-05-20

I've been playing with the group options in xbmc. So i removed all channels from the "all channels" group. But i can't get it back. Is there an easy way to reset this?

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-20

press "C" while in the channels list, choose "show hidden channels" and re-add the ones you want to undelete.

or reset the pvr database in the settings. or choose "sync channelgroup with backends".

- vegeta - 2011-05-21

hi i have qbox 6920 dvb card and ubuntu 10.04 . i install xbmc & tvheadend according your gudie now i can see channels but speed change channel is very slow even slower from kaffeine player . do you know why ? how i increase speed change channel ?

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-21

known issue. has something to do with buffering changes. I might improve it again before the next ppa release when I got time. if not, I'll fix it in the release after the next one.

- vegeta - 2011-05-21

when release next xbmc ?

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-21

"it is done when it's done"

- janumix - 2011-05-23

Hi

Why xbmc process/thread increases CPU load all the time ?
XBMC is in idle - just in Main menu - and CPU load starts from 6% (after restart) and constantly rising up to 100% and more (2 cores CPU). It takes abt. 20 minutes. From time to time, when it's abt. 100% it backs to 6% and then starts rising again.

Here is log

BR
Janusz

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-23

looks like you're using an old build, because I can see a problem there that's been fixed over a week ago.

- janumix - 2011-05-23

No change on the newest ver. 2:11.0-pvr+odk38~git20110521.09c02fa-0ubuntu1~ppa+odk38~lucid.
log

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-24

your backend is sending channel updates (changed names etc.) all the time, so xbmc is updating all channels (the update code isn't optimised yet, so this might take a bit longer than needed/expected)

- jack burton - 2011-05-24

janumix Wrote:Hi

Why xbmc process/thread increases CPU load all the time ?
XBMC is in idle - just in Main menu - and CPU load starts from 6% (after restart) and constantly rising up to 100% and more (2 cores CPU). It takes abt. 20 minutes. From time to time, when it's abt. 100% it backs to 6% and then starts rising again.

Here is log

BR
Janusz

I had this problem before changing v-sync options in video settings.. try "let application decide" or somewhat

- Jester - 2011-05-29

@Lars, love your work, silly question, on the latest XBMC-Live (Dharma 10.1), tvheadend is already pre-installed, so following the instructions on the first page seems a bit redundant, what would it take to "just" install the xbmc-pvr branch ? (ie update the xbmc-live one for the pvr one so one can use the tvheadend add-on)

maybe this ??

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc-live
Thx, sorry if this has been asked before but didn't want to read 55 pages and search didn't help.

- opdenkamp - 2011-05-29

the instructions in the first post are correct for xbmc-live too, since you'll have to upgrade tvheadend to be able to use all of xbmc's features. "apt-get install" actually means "install the package if you don't have it yet, or upgrade it if there is one available".

you also have to do an "apt-get update" after adding the ppa source, and the first line ("sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties") just makes sure you actually have add-apt-repository installed.

so, the instructions are fine for xbmc-live.

- Jester - 2011-05-29

Thanks, makes sense, rusty on the apt-get stuff as last time I used linux was slackware 8...
Just wanted to makes sure that this was fine for xbmc-live 10.1
bedankt

- janumix - 2011-05-29

jack burton Wrote:I had this problem before changing v-sync options in video settings.. try "let application decide" or somewhat

Unfortunately it doesn't help.....
I checked all options ...
CPU load is abt. 6% during SD playback (or SD live TV). It rises when idle.