Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

Tvheadend crash when configuring recordings - Kjetil N - 2011-12-19

Hi Guys,

This is a bit strange, with the pulse 3 build of tvheadend all is ok until a recording starts or if I go to recording settings in the web gui under recording, then it crash.
I get this error when it do:

tvheadend[7188]: segfault at 0 ip 0055f821 sp a70fa7bc error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[4ec000+153000]

I'm hoping not do delete my tvheadend config, as it takes to long to set it up from scratch (4 tuners with manual mapping).

Any ideas?

- jacksback - 2011-12-19

ocram Wrote:tvheadend fails, XBMC says "no input detected"

Hi. I'm having the same signal problems on my TBS6981 card. It's connected to a quad LNB along with another dual tuner HD PVR. The HD PVR reports 92% signal quality and all my channels work on both tuners. TvHeadend randomly shows signal ok, signal weak, signal bad and I don't know if it's the card or the application. I found some suggestions about signal issues and disabled idle scanning, auto mux and signal monitor but it still has issues.

Are there any other suggestions to keep a stable signal? I have tvheadend_2.12.99~pulse-3_amd64.deb installed but had the same issues on previous versions.

My sat cables are 12 metres long if that makes any difference.

Thanks

- Kjetil N - 2011-12-19

Kjetil N Wrote:Hi Guys,

This is a bit strange, with the pulse 3 build of tvheadend all is ok until a recording starts or if I go to recording settings in the web gui under recording, then it crash.
I get this error when it do:

tvheadend[7188]: segfault at 0 ip 0055f821 sp a70fa7bc error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[4ec000+153000]

I'm hoping not do delete my tvheadend config, as it takes to long to set it up from scratch (4 tuners with manual mapping).

Any ideas?

Nevermind, i deleted the files under /home/hts/.hts/dvr and it is now fine.

- _BJ1 - 2011-12-19

Kjetil N Wrote:Nevermind, i deleted the files under /home/hts/.hts/dvr and it is now fine.

But TVheadend will crash at next schedule...

If You go to configuration tab and check out the sub-tabs, there will be no adapters, no recording path... I think you have to delete the complete .hts-folder and do your setup again.

_BJ1

- Kjetil N - 2011-12-19

_BJ1,

Thanks, but no, it is actually working nicely.
I've done a test recording at it works, the settings which I did under pvr stays the same after running /etc/init.d/tvheadend force-reload

I dont know why it suddenly works after deleting "/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/dvr/config" and restarting, perhaps there has been small changes to the config file in pulse 3 version?

Anyways, I'm happy that I did not need to delete my entire config.

Kjetil

- opdenkamp - 2011-12-19

nothing special in the "pulse" version regarding recordings, so the same bug is probably present in the source too. I'll push a new tvheadend build later this week, that will fix this issue if it's been fixed in upstream.

- _BJ1 - 2011-12-19

Kjetil N Wrote:Anyways, I'm happy that I did not need to delete my entire config.

Kjetil

So you are lucky Wink. I've must downgrade to tvheadend-pulse2 as a quick'n dirty workaround because my wife want to watch TV at saturday... I'll try some experiments later this week.

_BJ1

- Begall - 2011-12-19

Is the version of TVHeadend hosted on lonelycoders repo different to the one discussed in this thread? If so, how do I get access to it? Cos I'd quite like to be able to set records from within XBMC.

- ankn - 2011-12-19

dushmaniac Wrote:nothing special in the "pulse" version regarding recordings, so the same bug is probably present in the source too. I'll push a new tvheadend build later this week, that will fix this issue if it's been fixed in upstream.

I had the same problem: tvheadend was used to crash for every recording. It was the new patch that permit to choose the recording format. The old configs are not correctly handled by the new patch. You have to delete all the old dvr configs and to let tvheadend creates the default one.
The patch need some care in the backward compability.

Tvheadend EPG data via EIT (tv_grab_dvb_plus) - guyrichie - 2011-12-21

Hello All,

I'm trying to get the tvheadend EPG populated via the Freesat UK and/or BSkyB UK EIT (28.2E). All i'm getting is now and next. I understand you can use tv_grab_uk_rt and similar, however stumbled over this grabber - tv_grab_dvb_plus. My attempts to getting this grabber to work are logged here: http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/325

Any help / advice would be great.

Cheers.

- michaelboord - 2011-12-22

Hi,

Been using tvheadend for a while perfectly with Canal Digitaal...

Works great even with CS but a sometimes missing EPG saying
'No information available' for some channels..

Now last week CanalDigital changed one of their transponders from QPSK to 8PSK.

I tried deleting the old multiplex in the webfrontend and adding the new one with PSK_8.

But then it gets a singal quality of 0% after a few seconds.. .

Before when the transponder was still transmitting in QPSK signal quality was 100%
so I don't think it's because of a misalignment of my dish.

Anyone seen this or know if tvheadend maybe can't handle the canaldigitaal psk8 signal?

- janumix - 2011-12-22

give him a while abt. 0,5 h Smile
Sometimes tvheadend need a time to update signal strength ones it started without signal.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-23

Looking to set this up and just want to check some stuff before I dive in.
Can you run xbmc with openelec on one pc and tvheadend on ubuntu on another pc. Does running them on separate systems have any negatives?

Thanks

- jacksback - 2011-12-23

_Mikie_ Wrote:Looking to set this up and just want to check some stuff before I dive in.
Can you run xbmc with openelec on one pc and tvheadend on ubuntu on another pc. Does running them on separate systems have any negatives?

Thanks

Hey Mikie

My suggestion is to build a dedicated Ubuntu server. That way you can have a file server and a TV distribution system. You only need to run 1 set of satellite cables to your server and then every supported device on your home network will have the ability to watch TV. You're obviously limited to the number of tuners so look to buy a dual or quad card.

Good Luck

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-23

jacksback Wrote:Hey Mikie

My suggestion is to build a dedicated Ubuntu server. That way you can have a file server and a TV distribution system. You only need to run 1 set of satellite cables to your server and then every supported device on your home network will have the ability to watch TV. You're obviously limited to the number of tuners so look to buy a dual or quad card.

Good Luck

Thank you for the suggestion. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing just didn't think of getting a dual card which is a good idea for future upgrades. My main question though is where xbmc_pvr runs on openelec or do I have to use xbmc live?

Thanks