Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

- User 108719 - 2012-01-04

Here are the different options, you'll probably need to use also -a or -f to use the second tuner:

Code:
usage:
szap -q
         list known channels
szap [options] {-n channel-number|channel_name}
         zap to channel via number or full name (case insensitive)
     -a number : use given adapter (default 0)
     -f number : use given frontend (default 0)
     -d number : use given demux (default 0)
     -c file   : read channels list from 'file'
     -V        : use vdr channels list file format (default zap)
     -b        : enable Audio Bypass (default no)
     -x        : exit after tuning
     -H        : human readable output
     -D        : params debug
     -r        : set up /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvr0 for TS recording
     -l lnb-type (DVB-S Only) (use -l help to print types) or
     -l low[,high[,switch]] in Mhz
     -i        : run interactively, allowing you to type in channel names
     -p        : add pat and pmt to TS recording (implies -r)
                 or -n numbers for zapping
     -S        : delivery system type DVB-S=0, DVB-S2=1
     -M        : modulation 1=BPSK 2=QPSK 5=8PSK
     -C        : fec 0=NONE 12=1/2 23=2/3 34=3/4 35=3/5 45=4/5 56=5/6 67=6/7 89=8/9 910=9/10 999=AUTO
     -O        : rolloff 35=0.35 25=0.25 20=0.20 0=UNKNOWN

- Str33mr - 2012-01-04

Has anyone tried tvheadend with the Eden Beta 1 PVR install to see if it works?

- XanDaph - 2012-01-05

michaelboord Wrote:Hi,
Now last week CanalDigital changed one of their transponders from QPSK to 8PSK.

I tried deleting the old multiplex in the webfrontend and adding the new one with PSK_8.

But then it gets a singal quality of 0% after a few seconds.. .

Before when the transponder was still transmitting in QPSK signal quality was 100%
so I don't think it's because of a misalignment of my dish.

Anyone seen this or know if tvheadend maybe can't handle the canaldigitaal psk8 signal?

Has anyone solved this problem?? I have exactly the same issue and can't figure it out what the problem is..?

Thanks!

- User 108719 - 2012-01-05

Does an other 8psk transponder work? Or only that one?

On a vu duo and vdr it works.

- mr_blond18 - 2012-01-05

Str33mr Wrote:Has anyone tried tvheadend with the Eden Beta 1 PVR install to see if it works?

I am running tvheadend Build: 2.12.99~pulse-2.

I can tell you that it is working perfectly fine with XBMC PVR Eden beta1 (Eden-pvr Beta1 - build 59 - git rev. 007a341 (3 Jan 2012), from http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/) on Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10 installed via XBMCLive.

It also works flawlessly as a plugin in the regular XBMC Eden beta1 on OSX and iOS.

- phofman - 2012-01-05

ocram Wrote:was showing me 'graceperiod expired'. Perhaps there's some sort of incompatibility between TBS tuners and tvheadend.

It's a shame because tvheadend had a lot of potential, but I'm glad I made the switch vdr hasn't skipped a beat since.

Unfortunately I am experiencing unreliable recording too. The "No input detected" appears very often.

- User 108719 - 2012-01-05

phofman Wrote:Unfortunately I am experiencing unreliable recording too. The "No input detected" appears very often.

What tuner card are you using?

Other than switching over I don't have a solution for you, tvheadend development is also quite slow for the moment.

- Budgreg - 2012-01-06

mr_blond18 Wrote:...It also works flawlessly as a plugin in the regular XBMC Eden beta1 on OSX and iOS.

Hi,

I´m currently running Eden beta1 on my ATV2 and I´m still waiting for PVR. So please tell me how to enable the needed plugin in Eden beta1 to connect my XBMC with TVHeadend.

Thanks in advance.

br, Gregor

- mr_blond18 - 2012-01-06

Budgreg Wrote:Hi,

I´m currently running Eden beta1 on my ATV2 and I´m still waiting for PVR. So please tell me how to enable the needed plugin in Eden beta1 to connect my XBMC with TVHeadend.

Thanks in advance.

br, Gregor

Gregor, I called it a plugin, but I am not sure that is correct. It is built by default into XBMC (at least on the iPad/iPhone version) meaning you can add TVHeadEnd as video source.
To do so:
go to videos
add Videos
browse
add network location
choose HTS Tvheadend client as protocol and fill in the details
ok
now the tvheadend client appears as a share in the list of new shares (it will look something like htsp://192.168.1.97:9982/)
choose this addres and press ok
and ok once more

Now Tvheadend should be available from the videos section

- Budgreg - 2012-01-06

mr_blond18 Wrote:Gregor, I called it a plugin, but I am not sure that is correct. It is built by default into XBMC (at least on the iPad/iPhone version) meaning you can add TVHeadEnd as video source.
To do so:
go to videos
add Videos
browse
add network location
choose HTS Tvheadend client as protocol and fill in the details
ok
now the tvheadend client appears as a share in the list of new shares (it will look something like htsp://192.168.1.97:9982/)
choose this addres and press ok
and ok once more

Now Tvheadend should be available from the videos section

Hello,

thanks for your answer - it works basically (tested on Mac OS X). At least for SD channels, HD channels only shows content for 6 seconds and then Eden crashes...

br, Gregor

- Statts - 2012-01-16

Hi all,

Currently trying to get tvheadend setup and working on my system. I am using the Sony PlayTV USB dual tuner (dual DiBcom 7000PC).

Anyway, I'm having a little trouble and hoping someone here has got this successfully working. After "Add DVB Network by location", it finds the muxes no problems, but I don't get the option to "Map DVB services to channels". Not sure what's happening but the button to do it is greyed out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I should mention that 5 muxes appear under the multiplexes tab, but no services under the services tab.

- jacksback - 2012-01-16

Statts Wrote:Hi all,

Currently trying to get tvheadend setup and working on my system. I am using the Sony PlayTV USB dual tuner (dual DiBcom 7000PC).

Anyway, I'm having a little trouble and hoping someone here has got this successfully working. After "Add DVB Network by location", it finds the muxes no problems, but I don't get the option to "Map DVB services to channels". Not sure what's happening but the button to do it is greyed out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Statts

On the page where you "Map DVB services to channels" how many muxes are still waiting for initial scan? It has to be on zero before you are able to map the channels

- Statts - 2012-01-16

jacksback Wrote:Hi Statts

On the page where you "Map DVB services to channels" how many muxes are still waiting for initial scan? It has to be on zero before you are able to map the channels

Thanks for the reply. It is on 0.

- jacksback - 2012-01-16

Statts Wrote:Thanks for the reply. It is on 0.

Hmm, that is strange. Are the auto added mutliplexes showing the correct provider name under network, and are you able to see the unmapped channels in the service tab?

- Statts - 2012-01-16

jacksback Wrote:Hmm, that is strange. Are the auto added mutliplexes showing the correct provider name under network, and are you able to see the unmapped channels in the service tab?

No to both of your questions.

Network column under Multiplexes is empty. Also, service tab is completely empty.