Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=91716)

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - jpreville - 2012-04-19

Does the latest release support recording from the frontend? been trying to record a show off the EPG menu. But it gives me an error. and says to check the log.. where would i locate the log?

[LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - TK4|2|1 - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 01:08)jpreville Wrote: Does the latest release support recording from the frontend? been trying to record a show off the EPG menu. But it gives me an error. and says to check the log.. where would i locate the log?

Same here.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - robo989 - 2012-04-19

Pretty certain that's a no, nothing has been announced at least and it doesn't work for me, like it never did.

Have my own question, have a weird problem with tvheadend where the initial scan will always hang at 2 muxes remaining to scan. I check the muxes tab and these 2 pesky muxes are both 99,999,990Khz, so are obviously invalid. If I delete the muxes along with unticking "idle scanning" and "autodetect muxes". I can get it to complete to map the services to channels.

The problem is this happens every time a reboot of the box happens so is a right pain in the arse, does anyone know if this is a driver problem with my card, a TBS 6981 or a tvheadend problem? tvheadend is a bug ridden mess although fantastic at the same time Smile. Have tried the version here, the latest pulse6 version and also the latest git version all with same results.

One more question...

How would I make the git version auto start with every boot? It doesn't seem to be listed as a service like the pulse version?

Thanks.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - bas.t - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-19, 01:08)jpreville Wrote: Does the latest release support recording from the frontend? been trying to record a show off the EPG menu. But it gives me an error. and says to check the log.. where would i locate the log?

I allways schedule recordings from the epg, no problem here.
Your log is in ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

(2012-04-19, 23:57)robo989 Wrote: How would I make the git version auto start with every boot? It doesn't seem to be listed as a service like the pulse version?

You could take a look at the bottom half of this post.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - robo989 - 2012-04-21

Thanks for that mate, haven't followed it yet but looks simple enough. Much appreciated.

In relation to recording from EPG, you are referring to the EPG in the web gui yes? I think the person you quoted is referring to from within XBMC. I could be wrong though and maybe recording is working in XBMC, could you confirm, thank you.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Ruud - 2012-04-21

Hi, just to confirm: recording from the xbmc epg / tvguide works

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - bas.t - 2012-04-21

(2012-04-21, 01:52)robo989 Wrote: Thanks for that mate, haven't followed it yet but looks simple enough. Much appreciated.

In relation to recording from EPG, you are referring to the EPG in the web gui yes? I think the person you quoted is referring to from within XBMC. I could be wrong though and maybe recording is working in XBMC, could you confirm, thank you.

You are wrong, I am referring to the epg from within xbmc. Works like a charm and is indeed the one and only reason why I use xbmc (beats MythTV too!). That is, until timeshift is inplemented and stable. That'll take at least two more years, I think...

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - robo989 - 2012-04-22

Didn't know about that, thanks both of you.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - simonind - 2012-04-24

I'm getting the "PVR backend error check log" message when I try an schedule recordings from the XBMC EPG. The TVHeadend Web interface is fine so I'm using that but XBMC would be better. I'm running Windows builds of XBMC Eden PVR and TVHeadend on a Ubuntu box.The logs I've checked don't give me any clues and I'm using the same user account for both Web and XBMC access

Any advice appreciated?

Thanks
Simon

AW: RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - ZyanKLee - 2012-04-24

(2012-04-24, 10:41)simonind Wrote: I'm getting the "PVR backend error check log" message when I try an schedule recordings from the XBMC EPG.

Any advice appreciated

My advice: Check the logfile of tvheadend

RE: AW: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - simonind - 2012-04-24

(2012-04-24, 11:00)ZyanKLee Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 10:41)simonind Wrote: I'm getting the "PVR backend error check log" message when I try an schedule recordings from the XBMC EPG.

Any advice appreciated

My advice: Check the logfile of tvheadend
I've had the web interface open to monitor the log but nothing gets output - is there a logging level I can set/increase or another log I should be looking at?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - oneadvent - 2012-04-24

Can you watch live TV though?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - simonind - 2012-04-24

Yes, Live is fine, Recordings are also fine as long as they only contain alpha-numeric characters in the title - these I have to play as files through the 'Videos' menu in XBMC.

Should I have a second user in TVHeadend for XBMC rather than using the 'super user' account? That was the next thing I was going to try.

This is what I see in the XBMC log (Windows XP):
PVRClient - PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer - addon 'HTS Tvheadend:192.168.0.19:9982' returned an error: server error

There is nothing in the syslog on the Ubuntu box

Opening up the permissions doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - mangaga - 2012-05-01

I am getting the same error as simonind.

I have tvheadend on ubuntu (using hdhomerun).

I can schedule recordings via tvheadend web GUI AND even via the iPhone App - BUT, not via XBMC !!

"Record" button gives the error AND, scheduling a new timer via the EPG also gives the error.

I have tried the the following XBMC installs - ALL have the same error:
1) http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/prebuild.html
2) http://packages.pulse-eight.net/windows/XBMC-PVR-Eden-11.3.exe
3) http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu

The following work OK in these XBMC installs:
- watch recordings (recorded by tvheadend)
- other PVR functions - such as EPG

The error pops up instantaneously - my guess is that XBMC does not even try to communicate with tvheadend - there is certainly nothing in the tvheadend logs indicating a schedule was attempted.

I would love to get this XBMC PVR stuff working !! (my wife is certainly losing confidence in my HTPC !!).