Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- keith - 2011-01-30

Wonkamas Wrote:I have installed the latest build from 1/29 and one issue I seem to be having is that when in xbmc it seems to have a hard time connecting to the network
for example when I go in videos and click on plugins it keeps saying not connected to network and after a few restarts of xbmc it works again.
Didn't seem to have this issue in previous builds.

Also have blue tooth apple keyboard set up but letter input still not working

I personally have not experienced that. Can you try to ssh in when it doesn't work? Do you use netbios names for SMB lookups or going by IP?

Please enable debugging and post up a debug log.

Davilla said he just got a BT keyboard so hopefully that should be resolved.

- landwomble - 2011-01-30

I get the same when accessign SMB shares by IP. exit/restart xbmc often works. can always ssh in.

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-30

I've had the same problem from the start. Can never connect to smb shares. 1 xbmc restart always does the trick.

- keith - 2011-01-30

New build!
I haven't had a chance to verify fixes or add updatess yet.

- RoarinRow - 2011-01-30

meshuga Wrote:New build!
I haven't had a chance to verify fixes or add updatess yet.

Looking forward to testing out the updates! Cool

- vike105 - 2011-01-30

Nice, waiting for the new build...thanks davilla, meshunga and others for the support

- Muskyinoz - 2011-01-30

First off I just want to say great work davilla and meshuga, this is getting better and better every day. I just tried the new build, scraping seems a lot faster and the on screen text is much nicer. I'm having one problem though which I've only seen mentioned once before.

The audio for files that are 5.1 doesn't seem to be getting downmixed for stereo setup. I've tried every audio combination, different HDMI ports (and cables as one person mentioned it fixed it for them) with no luck. All voice sounds like it coming from inside a submarine and is totally inaudible.

Any ideas?

- brownstein - 2011-01-30

Muskyinoz Wrote:First off I just want to say great work davilla and meshuga, this is getting better and better every day. I just tried the new build, scraping seems a lot faster and the on screen text is much nicer. I'm having one problem though which I've only seen mentioned once before.

The audio for files that are 5.1 doesn't seem to be getting downmixed for stereo setup. I've tried every audio combination, different HDMI ports (and cables as one person mentioned it fixed it for them) with no luck. All voice sounds like it coming from inside a submarine and is totally inaudible.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, I was using headphones and it sounds like the left channel lags by a small amount and creates an echo, on some files I was missing all the main dialogue and could only hear background noise and music. I only noticed this with downloaded tv shows, Detroit 187 and Nikita come to mind. Not sure if it was the way the poster encoded them or what but they sound fine through my asrock with XBMC and surround sound which is why I suspect something to do with the down mix.

- bigmal - 2011-01-30

landwomble Wrote:I get the same when accessign SMB shares by IP. exit/restart xbmc often works. can always ssh in.

Exactly the same problem here. This problem existed for me in the original ATV2 build.

- keith - 2011-01-30

bigmal Wrote:Exactly the same problem here. This problem existed for me in the original ATV2 build.

I just had this same issue with SMB for the first time. Restart worked great. Bizarre.

- bwelton - 2011-01-30

Can someone point me to the latest build for ATV2 ?
I have seen 1/29 referenced but I only see 1/28 and that has now been moved to an OLD folder in the nightly build link on the 1 post of this thread.

Also is there anywhere that lists the fixes per build so you can decide if you want to deploy ?

Many thanks for all the good build work.

- neoranga - 2011-01-30

The changes per build are in the changelog: https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2

- landwomble - 2011-01-30

new build seems very snappy. music scanning much, much faster. "library mode" is still greyed out in the Music menu though?

- deano72 - 2011-01-30

Subtitle addon working fine (my stupid mistake...not enabling video osd script in settings), However on 29/1/11 build (and also on 28/1/11) I am finding if I go right off of main menu to get sub menu, you cannot see what you have highlighted when you click on remote.
Also, if I get a sub menu come up (like to say yes or no for something) I cannot see which option I am on, it does not highlight.
If I go from main menu, click select and go to into that menu, the lines highlight all ok, it is just when you go right from main menu to see sub menu window open up I cannot see anything highlighted,
Cheers,
dean

sub menu lines not highlighting - deano72 - 2011-01-30

sorry double posted