Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- a-tom - 2011-01-31

Edit* IT WORKS LIKE THIS Smile THX to meshuga

Hi everybody Hi meshuga:

i have a few questions related to the installation progress. i already have a good working xbmc on my atv2. so:

1) i want to backup this first: is it enough to save everything that's in the folder "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC"? (i want to keep my movie informations, skins and settings.)

2) uprade to the new build:
-SSH into the atv2
-cd /private/var/tmp
-wget h ttp://music.hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/org.xbmc-012911_atv2-arm.deb
-dpkg -i org.xbmc-012911_atv2-arm.deb
-cd /private/var/tmp
-rm -rf org.xbmc-012911_atv2-arm.deb

3) if problems occur than:
-apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
-install the new build with:
-wget h ttp://music.hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/org.xbmc-012911_atv2-arm.deb
-dpkg -i org.xbmc-012911_atv2-arm.deb
or copy back the saved first version Wink

i am really sorry that i repeat more or less the instructions from meshuga but i feel really unsafe. that absolutely virgin soil for me... but i really want to give it a try.

greez tom

- sidewalksuper - 2011-01-31

If I'm correct you don't have to save anything. The new build will be using the original settings dir without touching it (as far as I know, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

- thirdsun - 2011-01-31

meshuga Wrote:Bizarre both of you are having this problem. I'm going over HDMI to my JVC RXD412 Receiver then outputting to TV and I don't have this issue...try using the optical port on the atv2?

As i said, it works when i set the output to optical. However the strange thing is i don't have an optical cable hooked up to the ATV2 - My receiver is connected via HDMI. Nevertheless as long as i set optical out in the settings i get a correct stereo downmix - via HDMI.

Setting the output to HDMI or Analog results in a broken channel separation with voices coming from the right speaker and music from the left. This seems to apply to 5.1 material only - music (as in stereo-only material from my music library) works fine no matter what settings i use.

On a sidenote: When i set the output to optical to get the correct stereo downmix for movies this seems to be a tough job for the ATV2 - i got occasional stuttering effects with those settings - but still better than a broken downmix.

Also i added <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough> in guisettings.xml - but that was sometime before i updated to your builds - not sure if that has been overwritten by updating to your builds.

- DirtyWackFunk - 2011-01-31

Im sure I am missing something here, but I have read that the webserver is enabled, but I cannot seem to connect to it, nor find any settings for it under NetWork Settings. Can someone let me know what you guys are using to connect to it, or if the setting for it is buried?

- jj2005 - 2011-01-31

this build is awesome, still have problems with RTMP though some live tv plugins still only play audio, can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this, please please please...

- keith - 2011-01-31

thirdsun Wrote:As i said, it works when i set the output to optical. However the strange thing is i don't have an optical cable hooked up to the ATV2 - My receiver is connected via HDMI. Nevertheless as long as i set optical out in the settings i get a correct stereo downmix - via HDMI.

On a sidenote: When i set the output to optical to get the correct stereo downmix for movies this seems to be a tough job for the ATV2 - i got occasional stuttering effects with those settings - but still better than a broken downmix.

Also i added <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough> in guisettings.xml - but that was sometime before i updated to your builds - not sure if that has been overwritten by updating to your builds.

Your setting this on your receiver or the ATV2? I will verify my settings tonight.
Is it 'downmixing' to stereo then and not properly playing out 5.1 ac3 OR dts? Can you verify a DTS file as well?

Also enable debugging and get the xbmc.log file and post it here when its playing broken.

- keith - 2011-01-31

a-tom Wrote:i have a few questions related to the installation progress. i already have a good working xbmc on my atv2. so:

1) i want to backup this first: is it enough to save everything that's in the folder "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC"? (i want to keep my movie informations, skins and settings.)

Everything you save here should stay intact. Just don't save anything in the XBMC.frappliance/ folder, that will be overwritten.

Rest looks fine. But please, if you are commandline new, research what this stuff is/how it works off this thread if you have any questions that aren't directly related to these XBMC-IOS builds.

- keith - 2011-01-31

jj2005 Wrote:this build is awesome, still have problems with RTMP though some live tv plugins still only play audio, can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this, please please please...

Not investigating plugin issues re: 1st post until merge. So please post to the plugin authors thread in hopes he can help/has an atv2/etc.

- keith - 2011-01-31

DirtyWackFunk Wrote:Im sure I am missing something here, but I have read that the webserver is enabled, but I cannot seem to connect to it, nor find any settings for it under NetWork Settings. Can someone let me know what you guys are using to connect to it, or if the setting for it is buried?

Settings > Network > Allow control of XBMC via HTTP

The settings below that option also apply.

- deano72 - 2011-01-31

Subtitle addon working fine (my stupid mistake...not enabling video osd script in settings), However on 29/1/11 build (and also on 28/1/11) I am finding if I go right off of main menu to get sub menu, you cannot see what you have highlighted when you click on remote.
Also, if I get a sub menu come up (like to say yes or no for something) I cannot see which option I am on, it does not highlight.
If I go from main menu, click select and go to into that menu, the lines highlight all ok, it is just when you go right from main menu to see sub menu window open up I cannot see anything highlighted,
Cheers,
dean

- keith - 2011-01-31

deano72 Wrote:However on 29/1/11 build (and also on 28/1/11) I am finding if I go right off of main menu to get sub menu, you cannot see what you have highlighted when you click on remote.
Also, if I get a sub menu come up (like to say yes or no for something) I cannot see which option I am on, it does not highlight.
If I go from main menu, click select and go to into that menu, the lines highlight all ok, it is just when you go right from main menu to see sub menu window open up I cannot see anything highlighted,
Cheers,
dean

With which remote, the IR one it ships with? Can someone else try to re-dupe this?

- deano72 - 2011-01-31

Yep with remote that cones with atv2 also xbmc remote on iPhone. If you go right on main menu say on videos. It lists files addons etc. But cannot see it highlight them.
But in next window Eg inside files can see highlight all ok.

- deano72 - 2011-01-31

Would a screen cap help?

- nothingcool - 2011-01-31

Hey all,

Using the most recent (01/29) build and it looks like folder.jpg support for music is fixed. I'm streaming mp3s from an SMB share and the cover art is there, but I'm still not seeing any information from my mp3 tags.

I've had this issue with the main build as well as all of the nightlies but I don't see it mentioned anywhere. When I playback from an SMB share, the mp3 is just listed by filename. All mp3 info is tagged and the options are checked in the settings > music pane to read tags.

Anyone else see this? Haven't tried SCPing music to my atv to see if it's a sharing issue. I'll try that now.

UPDATE: Just SCP'd an MP3 to the ATVs internal storage and the mp3 tags worked fine. Looks like it's an SMB sharing issue.

cheers... as always thanks to all involved in the project!!

- keith - 2011-01-31

deano72 Wrote:Would a screen cap help?

Wouldn't hurt. Also an xbmc.log pastebin link after you enable debugging.