Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- acibrill - 2011-01-31

Hi, Thx for your work. I installed and remove and instaled again... I get hard noice when I am trying to play AC3 or DTS...
I have ATV2 with ver 4.0 ...
Any ideas? Help...

Problems - acibrill - 2011-01-31

Hi, Thx for your work. I installed and remove and instaled again... I get hard noice when I am trying to play AC3 or DTS...
I have ATV2 with ver 4.0 ...
Any ideas? Help...

- dazex - 2011-01-31

deano72 Wrote:Yep with remote that cones with atv2 also xbmc remote on iPhone. If you go right on main menu say on videos. It lists files addons etc. But cannot see it highlight them.
But in next window Eg inside files can see highlight all ok.

I am running the 1/29/2011 build and don't seem to have this problem. I can see and highlight the submenus.

- deano72 - 2011-02-01

I will reinstall 29/1 and see if it makes a difference

- ddingle - 2011-02-01

acibrill Wrote:I get hard noice when I am trying to play AC3 or DTS...
I have ATV2 with ver 4.0

This is a known issue. Disable DTS/AC3 passthrough for now and listen in funky stereo. I also run the original ATV2 4.0 and get static.

- kobun - 2011-02-01

I use the lastest build... and subtitles on 720p mkv's like from an anime now work... awesome...

- keith - 2011-02-01

ddingle Wrote:This is a known issue. Disable DTS/AC3 passthrough for now and listen in funky stereo. I also run the original ATV2 4.0 and get static.

I actually use AC3 and DTS fine, but some others are having this problem.

We still haven't narrowed it down, but it seems some receivers don't like ATV2.

Issues with the remote app - zachishi - 2011-02-01

I seem to be having issues with the remote app in this build. I didn't see them in the normal download but in this one the up down and let right buttons don't seem to function in the apple remote app. The work fine on my normal remote but not in the remote app.

- keith - 2011-02-01

zachishi Wrote:I seem to be having issues with the remote app in this build. I didn't see them in the normal download but in this one the up down and let right buttons don't seem to function in the apple remote app. The work fine on my normal remote but not in the remote app.

The Apple official Remote App does not work. No clue why. The button just disappear after first keypress. Use another app.

- chad473 - 2011-02-01

Xbmc remote (by collect3) has been working great for me, and is highly customizable.

- ddingle - 2011-02-01

meshuga Wrote:I actually use AC3 and DTS fine, but some others are having this problem.

I can't remember.. are you using the original, un-tethered jailbreak with the original ATV2 4.0 OS/firmware? I still think this is more an Apple firmware/OS issue than an XBMC issue. After reading all the threads/posts/comments it seems that people that are having luck with the passthrough are using more like "4.2.1"-type stuff. I'm... almost, but not really... tempted to upgrade my firmware, re-jailbreak tethered etc. just to see if I can get the passthrough working. Un-tethered is SO nice though. Nod

- thirdsun - 2011-02-01

meshuga Wrote:Your setting this on your receiver or the ATV2? I will verify my settings tonight.
Is it 'downmixing' to stereo then and not properly playing out 5.1 ac3 OR dts? Can you verify a DTS file as well?

Also enable debugging and get the xbmc.log file and post it here when its playing broken.

Those are settings on the ATV2 - I list them again so that you can try it:

- Speaker configuration is 2.0
- Audio output is set to optical in XBMC (the real connection is via HDMI, in fact there's no optical cable - doesn't seem to matter to XBMC)
- AC3 Passthrough is enabled

- Not sure if it's important, but my receiver is set to stereo regardless of the input - i don't use a 5.1 configuration.

Note that this gives a solid stereo downmix but seems to be quite demanding for the ATV2's hardware - there is occasional stuttering even while listening to mp3s and browsing through the music collection. Listening to mp3s while leaving the device alone (e.g. main menu) is absolutely fine.

Also when you start a movie with those settings there's a short click/noise that couldn't be reproduced with other settings.

I have to check DTS when I'm back home.

Another Issue: Are you working on a fix for the freeze that occurs when importing a music library that contains m4a files? Right now i can only import a dozen albums before it freezes. By the way: At least library mode works for those albums - I read about disabled library buttons in the music collection - This problem doesn't occur on my device.

Receivers - acibrill - 2011-02-01

meshuga Wrote:I actually use AC3 and DTS fine, but some others are having this problem.

We still haven't narrowed it down, but it seems some receivers don't like ATV2.

Hi,about Receivers. My son has the same receiver like I own: Denon AVR-1906. The oudio connected with Optical cable. His ATV2 ver is 4.1.1 (this is the only different..)for him everything work fine. I also triyed to copy his procedure...
Maybe it could help...

- wattie777 - 2011-02-01

Hi not sure if this problem is down to 1.29 version but i can not get key presses to work from my ipad to control xbmc on my appleTV2.

So far i have tried HD remote app, Ultramote app and the latest Commander app all will connect and except gestures, but whenever i wish to input text in a search for instance the keyboard will not input.

I am at a loss as to what to try next with having purchased 3 apps I now feel it my be a bug or I am having a senior moment in the setup.

I would be grateful for any guidance

Thx
Dave

- deano72 - 2011-02-01

Meshuga. It was me. I had replaced a home.XML when nodding confluence by mistake. Sub menu now shows highlighted text. Many thanks.
Many apologies. Lol