Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- mevickery - 2011-02-04

Hidd3nFury Wrote:Hold down the centre button when the video is playing.

That's the money right there. Thanks for the help.

That's why I like this group, quick answers even to the littlest of questions.

- root2 - 2011-02-04

root2 Wrote:Here you can get the newest Version for Apple TV 2:

https://85.31.189.247/atv2/
user:xbmc
pw:atv2
including the Git-Hub Commit 4567025 from 04. February 2011. Thanks to all coders for their great work!

root2 Wrote:Here you can get the newest Version for iPad / iPhone4 / iPodTouch4G:

https://85.31.189.247/ios/
user:xbmc
pw:ios
including the Git-Hub Commit 4567025 from 04. February 2011. Thanks to all coders for their great work!

- stevenD - 2011-02-04

meshuga Wrote:NEEDS TESTED: (awaiting confirmation)
  • 1080p file playback - Seems more smooth but is anyone having problems with any 1080p now?
I have mostly 720p movies but still a few 1080p which I have tested on the 2011-02-03 release.

In general I experience some frame drops or lags on all films. Hard to find a patterns and reproduce, but it happens a couple of times per minute. My guess is that XBMC periodically does something in the background which draws the attention from the movie playback. Or it might have something to do with 24 fps playing back at 60 Hz.

These films seemd to play well except from the above:
Blood Diamond, Cinderella Man, The Game, The Italian Job, Oceans, Letters from Iwo Jima

- Batman.Begins.2005.DVD9.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV: Crashed after about 1:30. Worked fine second time
- Big.Fish.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264-iLL: Crash on start first time. Second time it started but playback is not smooth.
- Black.Snake.Moan.HDDVD.1080p.x264-H2: Always crashed after 10 sec.
- March.of.The.Penguins.BluRay.1080p.AC3.5.1.x264-DiR: Plays fine, but crashed when skipped 30 sec times two into the film
- The.Matrix.Reloaded.2003.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV: Plays fine, but short sound drops now and then
- Sleepy.Hollow.1999.HDDVD.1080p.x264.DTS-NiX: Crash on start first time. Second time it started but playback is not smooth.

- keith - 2011-02-04

If they break immediately, cut off 100-500mb of the file and upload to dropbox/etc as a sample file.
Do they work fine in normal xbmc? Running on windows/osx/linux? If they don't, this is a general XBMC issue so we won't be reviewing it here.

Also xbmc.log with debugging enabled would help too.

stevenD Wrote:I have mostly 720p movies but still a few 1080p which I have tested on the 2011-02-03 release.

In general I experience some frame drops or lags on all films. Hard to find a patterns and reproduce, but it happens a couple of times per minute. My guess is that XBMC periodically does something in the background which draws the attention from the movie playback. Or it might have something to do with 24 fps playing back at 60 Hz.

These films seemd to play well except from the above:
Blood Diamond, Cinderella Man, The Game, The Italian Job, Oceans, Letters from Iwo Jima

- Batman.Begins.2005.DVD9.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV: Crashed after about 1:30. Worked fine second time
- Big.Fish.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264-iLL: Crash on start first time. Second time it started but playback is not smooth.
- Black.Snake.Moan.HDDVD.1080p.x264-H2: Always crashed after 10 sec.
- March.of.The.Penguins.BluRay.1080p.AC3.5.1.x264-DiR: Plays fine, but crashed when skipped 30 sec times two into the film
- The.Matrix.Reloaded.2003.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV: Plays fine, but short sound drops now and then
- Sleepy.Hollow.1999.HDDVD.1080p.x264.DTS-NiX: Crash on start first time. Second time it started but playback is not smooth.

- keith - 2011-02-04

I updated .deb's in the 1st post.

I hear we're approaching the next official release which should incorporate all the fixes so far.

Thanks for the rapid development Davilla, Amet and others! Soon we won't need a ugly, loud annoying HTPC. Smile

- chad473 - 2011-02-05

does the 2/4 build show up incorrectly under system info? I'm seeing this:

xbmc pre-10.0 git:1095140 (compiled: feb 3 2010)

I'm using the same method to update as I always have..just wondering if it was just an oversight or there's something funky with my install. installed twice just to make sure I didn't mess something up the first time. thanks.

- justo - 2011-02-05

I'm having an interesting problem with the 020411 build. I updated to it fine via ssh as I have done with the previous ones, but now my ATV2 has no network even though I am plugged in with ethernet.

If I go to Network in the ATV interface it doesn't see any wifi networks or anything. I have tried tether booting a couple times but it still isn't working. Any ideas?

- keith - 2011-02-05

justo Wrote:I'm having an interesting problem with the 020411 build. I updated to it fine via ssh as I have done with the previous ones, but now my ATV2 has no network even though I am plugged in with ethernet.

If I go to Network in the ATV interface it doesn't see any wifi networks or anything. I have tried tether booting a couple times but it still isn't working. Any ideas?

There's a wifi fix in nito... but if you can't get network to work I don't know what to say besides try re jailbreaking.

It definitely has nothing to do with XBMC.

- keith - 2011-02-05

chad473 Wrote:does the 2/4 build show up incorrectly under system info? I'm seeing this:

xbmc pre-10.0 git:1095140 (compiled: feb 3 2010)

I'm using the same method to update as I always have..just wondering if it was just an oversight or there's something funky with my install. installed twice just to make sure I didn't mess something up the first time. thanks.

Hm, I dunno, I'll look into it, but it probably doesn't matter since new official is right around the corner.

- galvanash - 2011-02-05

meshuga Wrote:Hm, I dunno, I'll look into it, but it probably doesn't matter since new official is right around the corner.

I can confirm that it shows a 2/3 build date for me too. But I guess it can wait if an official build is about to drop.

how smooth? - sh0x - 2011-02-05

I have ATV2 with XBMC (from yesterdays build 2/3), but I don't feel like the Confluence skin is very 'fluid'. I loaded PM3.HD and it's pretty good. But the Confluence skin is pretty slow compared to my little Zotac build. Huge difference.

Does this sound normal? Anyone else having sluggish performance navigating XBMC?

- DuMbGuM - 2011-02-05

Yeah it needs optimization, either that or the hardware can't handle all thats going on, either way I'm pretty impressed with where it's at right now.

- ddingle - 2011-02-05

sh0x Wrote:I have ATV2 with XBMC (from yesterdays build 2/3), but I don't feel like the Confluence skin is very 'fluid'.

You shoulda tried it a couple weeks ago. It's much, much nicer now. I feel like it's only slightly "slower" than Crystalbuntu/ATV1 at this point. Feels "fluid" to me. Give'um time. They're doing amazing things with this.

- jd2157 - 2011-02-05

justo Wrote:I'm having an interesting problem with the 020411 build. I updated to it fine via ssh as I have done with the previous ones, but now my ATV2 has no network even though I am plugged in with ethernet.

I saw the same thing last time I woke mine up from sleep. It said there was no network connected. A quick look under general settings > network showed ethernet was connected and it had an IP.

Started XBMC again and the network problem was gone. Put the aTV2 asleep again to try and reproduce but it didn't do it again. So something looks a little odd there but not sure how to reproduce it yet.

- zirbio - 2011-02-05

i canĀ“t do the step 7 of the installations for the atv2, i get an error.
what i have to do exactly?