[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)
- keith - 2011-02-02 05:41
jd2157 Wrote:It'd probably remove some confusion if the original post had some of the following sections:
Definitely. I will actually just post up the instructions to setup the repos so my build should just pull that stuff down and then you don't need to install the official XBMC repo. I wrote my other post in a rush and wasn't thinking.
Hope that's more clear. I didn't get as in-depth as you suggested, but if they can't understand that.. I really don't feel they should be trying this build.
- abeljr - 2011-02-02 06:11
- jd2157 - 2011-02-02 06:43
meshuga Wrote:Definitely. I will actually just post up the instructions to setup the repos so my build should just pull that stuff down and then you don't need to install the official XBMC repo. I wrote my other post in a rush and wasn't thinking.
Oh ya, it's definitely more clear. If people can't follow that then ya I agree, move along folks, nothing to see here.
I prolly would've put only the links in for the preinstalls (to save some space, and avoid duplication) and used bullets (or nothing) rather than numbers in front of the $'s but I tend to obsess over documentation... left over psychological scars from a few years too many on the helpdesk back in the day
- carcaussa - 2011-02-02 07:52
I've been testing latest build -020111- and xvid seems to be faster although not enough to be able to reproduce 720p xvid ac3 movies, a lot of buffering and evidently the software decoding is trying to catch up, using "sync playback to display: off, allow hardware acceleration: on, audio: optical, speaker configuration: 2.0, DTS and AC3 passthrough: on, no postprocessing and default bilinear scaling"
- davecas48 - 2011-02-02 09:20
meshuga Wrote:Of course not, the hardware decoder for mpeg4 AVC stuff is superior to the ffmpeg software decoding. He's just making is better.
I've just answered my own question: all my mpegs and avis play flawlessly!! Off to order my next atv2!! Cannot thank you guys enough....
- keith - 2011-02-02 09:21
carcaussa Wrote:I've been testing latest build -020111- and xvid seems to be faster although not enough to be able to reproduce 720p xvid ac3 movies, a lot of buffering and evidently the software decoding is trying to catch up, using "sync playback to display: off, allow hardware acceleration: on, audio: optical, speaker configuration: 2.0, DTS and AC3 passthrough: on, no postprocessing and default bilinear scaling"
That is correct, xvid and other codecs that aren't h264 based (mpeg4 avc) are decoded in software and past SD resolutions isn't optimized yet. I will mention that in 1st post.
- milchkuh - 2011-02-02 11:08
I am using ATV2 (4.2.1) and I have also some bugs to report:
- HDMI problem using philips 42pfl5604 LCD. It takes about 30 minutes that the display switches first to a green screen for about 1 second. After that the screen looks like there is a magenta and cyan filter overlayed. Then after 5 minutes screen is normal and the cycle starts again. Observed lately that times vary
- Problems when scraping and watching videos. XBMC wants to buffer video all the time while it is scraping. Would be better if all scraping actions are paused while playing video.
- BluRay Videos (m2ts) seem not to work flawlessly. Maybe Hardware is not powerful enough
- It is not possible to select deinterlacing. Maybe also due to missing hardware capabilities. Would it not be possible to give out interlaced video interlaced to the display? Then the deinterlacer of the device could do the job
- Live TV using UPNP (DVBViewer) is not working flawlessly (SD) or not working (HD)
- It is nearly impossible to handle pictures at the moment. XBMC is loading very long in picture folders. After loading a picture it is not displaying it. But pictures are displayed as thumbnail. Maybe it is in my case a little bit too much for the hardware because in the folders are many pictures from a DSLR.
- Sometimes xbmc crashes
But despite of this remaining bugs in the ATV version I want to say that XBMC is a great piece of software. I used it a long time on the XBOX and lately I came back to it using the windows version. Using PC it is nearly perfect (If some bugs are fixed and Live TV capabilities like in DVBViewer would be added it would be the ultimate HTPC software) and my reference. I hope it goes like this (surely considering the hardware capabilities) also for ATV.
- piotr - 2011-02-02 11:23
Holding the menu-key for longer than 3 seconds crashes (or exits ?) XBMC. Is this by design ?
- cipher_ - 2011-02-02 11:44
milchkuh Wrote:I am using ATV2 (4.2.1) and I have also some bugs to report:
This is probably not a XBMC issue but a problem with a few Philips and Sony TVs connected to the ATV2 in general. Looks like all Philips xxPFLxx04 Models are affected. AFAIK is Philips working on a Firmware update for this bug. See here for the official Apple Forum Thread regarding your problem:
EDIT: Just read that FW 4.3b for ATV2 will solve this problem.
- solidunit - 2011-02-02 12:28
1080p files have out of sync audio and the video skips frames. Using 020111 iOS build on my ipad.