Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- davilla - 2011-02-15

Manuel_W Wrote:What's up with sleep/standby on your atv2 devices? On mine it don't work, and on quitting xbmc the atv do a reboot.

Works for me. Perhaps including more information about which version you are running, xbmc.log and maybe the crashreporter log would be helpful in determining these things.

- Manuel_W - 2011-02-15

davilla Wrote:Works for me. Perhaps including more information about which version you are running, xbmc.log and maybe the crashreporter log would be helpful in determining these things.
oh ok, i thought it's maybe a known problem.

ok, i have the latest build from this thread running. the energy save function does nothing, i tried any settings.

by pressing the menu button for a few seconds in the home menu XBMC crashes. here comes the XBMC log
Quote:**** LOG REMOVED **** use pastebin.com

MMS Support - eTVnet - 2011-02-15

davilla can you please tell if MMS support was added to the latest build? I have new official build installed and the plugin still fail to play MMS:// links. It works fine on the 1st gen ATV. Thank you in advance

- keith - 2011-02-16

eTVnet Wrote:davilla can you please tell if MMS support was added to the latest build? I have new official build installed and the plugin still fail to play MMS:// links. It works fine on the 1st gen ATV. Thank you in advance

Since there's nothing in the commit log about it, I would assume it has not been.

- eTVnet - 2011-02-16

keith Wrote:Since there's nothing in the commit log about it, I would assume it has not been.

Thank you Keith. Can't wait for MMS support. I guess I'll have to will wait....

- canman - 2011-02-16

ashy7 Wrote:I don't know where the zip installs to. Unzip the folder on your computer, rename it to plugin.video.iplayer, then SSH to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

Thanks, renamed /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/IPlayer to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.iplayer and it works :-)

The plugin warns about using an old XBMC version, but it works fine.
Note : I'm using usvideo.ca as a pseudo-proxy.

- piotr - 2011-02-16

Manuel_W Wrote:oh ok, i thought it's maybe a known problem.

ok, i have the latest build from this thread running. the energy save function does nothing, i tried any settings.

by pressing the menu button for a few seconds in the home menu XBMC crashes. here comes the XBMC log

Eh, how much energy you think you'll save ? ATV2 uses 6 watts ?

- DarkVamp - 2011-02-16

eTVnet Wrote:Thank you Keith. Can't wait for MMS support. I guess I'll have to will wait....

I´ll wait for MMS / RTP too ;-) Time will come!

Network (SMB) access not working? - bam099 - 2011-02-16

Anyone else notice after updating to 02.14 build that their SMB shares aren't working? I'm getting the "Remote share Network is not connected" error and I'm wondering if the update has something to do with it. Yesterday they were working fine, but after update they are not. I've rebooted computer and ATV2, I've also removed the shares and readded them (both by browsing server name and by specific IP address to the server). Both ways I add the shares I can see the list of files, but then when I try to browse it to actually play it gives me the error.

- DarkVamp - 2011-02-16

bam099 Wrote:Anyone else notice after updating to 02.14 build that their SMB shares aren't working? I'm getting the "Remote share Network is not connected" error and I'm wondering if the update has something to do with it.

Just restart XBMC and you will be fine... It´s a known problem Nod

- bam099 - 2011-02-16

DarkVamp Wrote:Just restart XBMC and you will be fine... It´s a known problem Nod

Still not working here Sad I restarted the computer, restarted the AppleTV and even pulled the power from the ATV for 15 seconds. Still nothing. It pops up and says it's scraping the directories for new files when I start XBMC (I set it to do that) but it still gives me the remote share network is not connected error. Any other ideas?

- DarkVamp - 2011-02-16

bam099 Wrote:Still not working here Sad I restarted the computer, restarted the AppleTV and even pulled the power from the ATV for 15 seconds.

Do NOT restarting your AppleTV but only the XBMC. After a ReStart from XBMC it should work again Rolleyes

- landwomble - 2011-02-16

Are music visualizations likely or is there a big reason why they don't work?

- davilla - 2011-02-16

landwomble Wrote:Are music visualizations likely or is there a big reason why they don't work?

They have not been looked at and are low on the our priority list. We do however of course accept patches from users to get this working.

- landwomble - 2011-02-16

Thats cool. What would be nice is if whilst they're not working the screen stayed on indicating what was playing. Also, if up/down did skip ahead...