Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED (/showthread.php?tid=92261)

- T800 - 2011-02-21

davilla Wrote:not going to happen until we sync with trunk, I've already said that.

Very new to XBMC.

What does sync with trunk mean?

- crimsontwo - 2011-02-21

davilla Wrote:not going to happen until we sync with trunk, I've already said that.

any ETA on that? Smile

- amet - 2011-02-21

crimsontwo Wrote:any ETA on that? Smile

yes, February 29. 2011

- crimsontwo - 2011-02-21

amet Wrote:yes, February 29. 2011

ha ha. pa, dobro.

- keith - 2011-02-22

Don't post asking when stuff will be done/fixed.

We're here to help devs:
a) test and find/verify bugs
b) help verify fixes

Please always search before posting, it saves everyone time.

Especially do not post here if you want basic XBMC help too. Please test out your problem on OSX/Windows/Linux and verify its *specifically* an iOS issue and if it's not, then post in the relevant section for help.

For everyone who is helping out and responding, we all appreciate. Please make an effort new guys to solve problems yourself.

The more time devs have to spend answering the same questions, the less they are focused on making XBMC the best media center application on the planet.

- sdesign - 2011-02-22

landwomble Wrote:Yay! AC3 audio now working, thanks guys!

Still get loads of buffering and stuttering on home videos that use AAC audio (from .mov files from iphone4 and .avi files from cameras)

- crimsontwo - 2011-02-22

keith Wrote:Don't post asking when stuff will be done/fixed.

We're here to help devs:
a) test and find/verify bugs
b) help verify fixes

Please always search before posting, it saves everyone time.

Especially do not post here if you want basic XBMC help too. Please test out your problem on OSX/Windows/Linux and verify its *specifically* an iOS issue and if it's not, then post in the relevant section for help.

For everyone who is helping out and responding, we all appreciate. Please make an effort new guys to solve problems yourself.

The more time devs have to spend answering the same questions, the less they are focused on making XBMC the best media center application on the planet.

I take it you're referring to my question? I didn't ask the if question (i.e., "does XBMC support mms"), rather if there has been any update on the situation. Obviously I asked it after doing some search and not finding an answer.

I'm here to test and I will test the mms capability once it's implemented. It's also not something for "new guys to solve", unless you're referring to someone else's posts. Asking about ETA (even an extremely rough one), so that I don't come here every day checking for updates, is a normal question that in no way puts burden on devs nor insults them.

Keep it real.

- roygbiv - 2011-02-22

crimsontwo Wrote:I take it you're referring to my question? I didn't ask the if question (i.e., "does XBMC support mms"), rather if there has been any update on the situation. Obviously I asked it after doing some search and not finding an answer.

I'm here to test and I will test the mms capability once it's implemented. It's also not something for "new guys to solve", unless you're referring to someone else's posts. Asking about ETA (even an extremely rough one), so that I don't come here every day checking for updates, is a normal question that in no way puts burden on devs nor insults them.

Keep it real.

I have to disagree with this. I'm sure some (maybe all) of these devs have day jobs and they probably have to answer ETA questions at work enough as it is. I don't think they should have to sift through the noise and field questions from an armchair project manager because checking for daily updates is a burden on you. If you want to stay updated you can always RSS feed the git commit page.

Keith is right, don't ask the devs for timelines. I think it's rude.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Keith I love you! All my problems seems gone since I tried out your version! Keep up the good work!!

- dazex - 2011-02-22

The devs definitely work hard despite other obligations. You'll be surprise.

The code that I am about to contribute took a few nights of writing, formatting, and debug testing. So I know the effort involved first hand.

Also, speaking with the main dev, they have to work around things such as not having hardware to actually test some of the reported bug against. Whether it be a home receiver to decode the Dolby and DTS stuff or a Harmony remote for testing. They really do make do with with they have and it's amazing to see the collaborative effort involve.

So, for those that can submit patches and bug fixes. Get in there and help out. This is open source after all. For others, definitely donate when you can so we can get the hardware out to the developers for testing against. This thread is definitely helping getting some iOS devices to the developer. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94447

Look at the number of views and if every view translated to a dollar donated, the project will definitely be further along. I think they were able to get an iPad into the hands of Jezz-X with the help of the donation, so we can finally see some experimentation with skinning for touch devices.

I am sure mms will be looked at once we're merged back to main branch. Until then, consider all this to definitely be beta status. There was info on the timeline in one of the threads on when this is expected to happen.

In case you missed it, the official status update on the main site yesterday: http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/02/21/whats-going-on/

- keith - 2011-02-23

crimsontwo Wrote:I take it you're referring to my question? I didn't ask the if question (i.e., "does XBMC support mms"), rather if there has been any update on the situation. Obviously I asked it after doing some search and not finding an answer.

Keep it real.

The answer is right there, on the 1st thread so it's obvious you did not search. If something changed, this thread, or any of the sticky threads that mention this, would be updated.

Thats why they are stickied.

And who's to say it's not for new guys to solve? This is open source, you can read the xbmc code and submit a patch to get MMS working on the ATV2, this is quite encouraged (thanks dazex, for doing exactly that with universal remote support!) in this community.

And yes, answering the same question over and over is a burden, for the reasons roygbiv highlighted.

No more of this back and forth, let's keep this productive.

I'd like to take another moment to thank all the devs that are part of XBMC team.
Without you guys, not only would XBMC not exist but especially this port. And everyone who helps answer questions, post fixes and especially tries to write patches. Everyone who lends a hand in the community is who makes up this community and I'm proud to help in any way I can.

And if you don't have time/energy to participate, there's always one surefire way to help out:
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Thanks guys!

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

keith Wrote:And if you don't have time/energy to participate, there's always one surefire way to help out:
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Thanks guys!

Done! Keep up the good work Keith! Xbmc team is fantastic.

- ajnicho - 2011-02-23

hovnarr Wrote:Keith I love you! All my problems seems gone since I tried out your version! Keep up the good work!!

Where do I find this version??

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

first page?

- ajnicho - 2011-02-23

thanks, I take it that's more up to date than the official release.