Kodi Community Forum
[REL] PleXBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [REL] PleXBMC (/showthread.php?tid=92310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - vixducis - 2013-03-13

I'm getting this with the latest plexbmc helper:

10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC HELPER START =====
10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> running Python: (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> running Version: 3.1.1
10:34:10 T:5552 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'PLEXBMC_PLATFORM' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wouter\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.plexbmc.helper\default.py", line 113, in <module>
print "PleXBMC Helper -> Platform: " + str(PLEXBMC_PLATFORM)
NameError: name 'PLEXBMC_PLATFORM' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

[REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-13

Hmm - the platform detection has a catch-all for issues, so this shouldn't happen.

what platform are you running this on?

(2013-03-12, 14:53)jakepe88 Wrote: in the movie information there is a possibility to choose a trailer - but in the Plexmbc this button is greyed out ..

I don't have any trailer locations/data to feed in, so this isn't present unfortunately.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - vixducis - 2013-03-13

Frodo on Windows XP

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Sweebee - 2013-03-14

Because plex isnt working on à Apple tv 5.2, i started using plexbmc. But on my Apple tv It is very slow (the interface). When i play à movie It tells me that the cache is full?

I used the Quartz theme. Cant find my video's when i'm on the original xbmc theme.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-13, 11:22)vixducis Wrote: I'm getting this with the latest plexbmc helper:

10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC HELPER START =====
10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> running Python: (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
10:34:10 T:5552 NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> running Version: 3.1.1
10:34:10 T:5552 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'PLEXBMC_PLATFORM' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\wouter\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.plexbmc.helper\default.py", line 113, in <module>
print "PleXBMC Helper -> Platform: " + str(PLEXBMC_PLATFORM)
NameError: name 'PLEXBMC_PLATFORM' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

OK - found it - a bit of redundant code not removed when you set the ip/port manually. I'll get a fix out asap.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-10, 08:30)Matt Devo Wrote: - Netflix logs me in, shows my queue etc, but no streams will play. I get the following error:

I think i've cracked netflix, and this may also fix Hulu. I'll push out an update later on.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - sthomas13 - 2013-03-20

I've used PleXBMC for some time now, and love it when it works, but seems as though every time the server updates, my XBMC addon quits functioning (allows me to navigate my folders, but not play anything)....

are there any real pros/cons for using PleXBMC versus adding the folder(s) via upnp?

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-21

Not sure I understand.

You should be able to update the plex server without issue (i've just moved from .11 to .17 without any breakage).

If you are on about plexbmc - then there was a major change between 3.0.7 and 3.1.3 to do with discovery

Last time I tried upnp from plex it didnt work correctly, but that was during the first release of the DLNA stuff from plex.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-21

Automatic and manual installs via link,

PleXBMC 3.1.5
:
Updates:
  • FIX: don't add offline servers
  • FIX: Better channel support (netflix)
  • FIX: Share section script failure
  • FIX: Script crash when accessing shared media with multiple files
  • ADD: Add file attributes to media selection

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.1.5.zip

PleXBMC Helper 3.1.3

Updates:
  • FIX: a crash when using XBMC overrides

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.googlecode.com/files/script.plexbmc.helper-3.1.3.zip

EDIT: versions updated due to daft errors in both versions.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - zijin_cheng - 2013-03-22

HippoJay, you have no idea how happy PleXBMC has made me.
I've been looking for something like this for a long time, but whenever I saw the word Plex media server, I immediately thought "must be crazy hard, skip!!".
And then I found PleXBMC. Its crazy awesome. I can stream Parks & Rec onto my phone now (at work huehuehue Smile).

I have 2 questions though. I'm running Eden with the latest PleXBMC for this build, and my skin is currently back row.
When I access TV Shows in PleXBMC, some file views "squish" the posters into extreme ugliness, while other file views are fine. Is there a fix for this?

Currently in Back Row, I have PleXBMC as a favourite so I don't have to video>addon>PleXBMC. The only reason why I'm using Back Row as opposed to anything else is because it is the only skin I've found so far that includes the current time as well as the estimated end time for the show inside the pause/start/stop/fastforward bar. Do any of your skins have that feature?

Thanks!

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Matt Devo - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-18, 02:16)hippojay Wrote: I think i've cracked netflix, and this may also fix Hulu. I'll push out an update later on.

yup, works great now (3.1.5), thanks! Only issue is that Netflix/Hulu channels are not accessible via the PleXBMC addon with a standard skin (eg, Confluence), only when using the Quartz/PleXBMC skin.

Would also like to see a bit better presentation of TV content in Netflix - showing season/episode # in addition to episode name, not showing restart/resume for all content, etc - but not sure if you are limited by Netflix's public API. If not, is that something you'd be interested in having some assistance with? LMK if so

cheers!

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - hippojay - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-22, 18:17)Matt Devo Wrote: yup, works great now (3.1.5), thanks! Only issue is that Netflix/Hulu channels are not accessible via the PleXBMC addon with a standard skin (eg, Confluence), only when using the Quartz/PleXBMC skin.

Hmm - there is no reason why it shouldn't work on a non-modified skin. The skins are only modded to allow home screen items, the rest of the functionality should be the same. What exactly happens?

Quote:Would also like to see a bit better presentation of TV content in Netflix - showing season/episode # in addition to episode name, not showing restart/resume for all content, etc - but not sure if you are limited by Netflix's public API. If not, is that something you'd be interested in having some assistance with? LMK if so

Just checked the XML and I can probably add TV season and episode number information. I don;t think resume shows up in the plex data - so that might not be possible.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - renobles - 2013-03-24

Is there a way to have PleXBMC respect the sort name in the movies listing? Examples would be Jurassic Park 1, 2, and 3. Their names put them in very different parts of the list, but I have a sort name setup as Jurassic Park <#>. This works in Plex proper, but not PlexBMC. Thanks for the help and the awesome plugin btw.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Matt Devo - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-23, 22:14)hippojay Wrote: Hmm - there is no reason why it shouldn't work on a non-modified skin. The skins are only modded to allow home screen items, the rest of the functionality should be the same. What exactly happens?

I have three video channels installed: Amazon, Neflix, and Hulu.

Using confluence, if I go to video->add-ons->PleXBMC-->channels, I only get Amazon listed.

Using Quartz v3 plexbmc, if I 'go plex', then choose channels->video, I get all three listed (all three are also listed under the recently viewed heading in the top left corner). From the channel list, if I back up (..) to the main Plex listing (TV/Movies/channels etc) then choose channels, all I get is Amazon. So I'm not sure what's different about the query or display from the main PleXBMC menu vs dialing down thru the menus, but that's it.

Quote:Just checked the XML and I can probably add TV season and episode number information. I don;t think resume shows up in the plex data - so that might not be possible.

awesome. Is there any way to determine where one left off? Displaying all seasons/episodes when I left on off S7E10 making getting back there annoying, assuming I can remember where I left off.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - Lagrik - 2013-03-24

(2012-12-21, 16:29)mzup Wrote: Have pms .9.8.8 running on windows system. Loads tv shows with metadata. Installed this addon onto my openelec box and can access the shows. It shows posters of the shows, but my question is can it show the episode description? When I highlight an episode, it would be nice to get a description of that episode. Going thru PMS web interface, it has the metadata for that, but didn't know if I was missing something in setting up this addon to show it on my xbmc.

I have this same problem. Plex Media Server shows all my TV show episode information and if I use the native TV Show method in XBMC, it also shows the episode information with the pictures and all. But when I use Plexbmc, the episode information is completely missing.

Any ideas?