Kodi Community Forum
[REL] PleXBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [REL] PleXBMC (/showthread.php?tid=92310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-05

(2013-12-27, 11:42)tmxbmc Wrote: After installing the addon, I couldn't connect to the Plex Media Server. The PMS is on the same PC.

GDM discovery was not working. I tried various changes to settings.xml which did not work (eg. like setting the IP address to localhost) ... but what eventually worked was changing "default" to 2 on this line.

Code:
<setting id="discovery" type="enum" label="30004" lvalues="30053|30070" default="1" />

New setting - GDM turned off
Code:
<setting id="discovery" type="enum" label="30004" lvalues="30053|30070" default="2" />

Interesting. Any why didn't you just switched from default (GDM) to manual in plexbmc settings? "Server discovery" has 2 states "auto GDM" (default) and "Manual" to which you can toggle to in plexbmc settings. If you change it to manual you can set your IP by hand. No need to edit files at all.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - boget - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 16:10)LarsErikP Wrote: The PlexBMC Helper integration stopped working with the newest Plex For Android app.. Have anyone else encounterd that problem? I guess something changed in the android app, beacause it still works on my tablet, which I did not upgrade.

Hmm, if the Plex iOS app had the same change in an update, that might explain my problem too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92310&pid=1590112#pid1590112

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-05

Helper needs to be updated to work for newest PMS.

wickning1 has done some changes:

https://github.com/wickning1/script.plexbmc.helper

https://github.com/wickning1/script.plexbmc.helper/archive/master.zip

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - LarsErikP - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 17:09)pecinko Wrote: Helper needs to be updated to work for newest PMS.

wickning1 has done some changes:

https://github.com/wickning1/script.plexbmc.helper

https://github.com/wickning1/script.plexbmc.helper/archive/master.zip

Can anyone verify that these changes fixes the issue?

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - flickjunkie - 2014-01-05

Hey Everyone!
Installed today the add-on(s) on XBMCbuntu and everything works pretty awesome, but...
The Plexbmc helper did not work with android and ios devices. i tried changing ports to different in both selections (in the addon and in settings-services-webserver), tried it with username and password, without and so on.
when i look at my plex server on 192.168.0.1:32400/clients i see that the port is set on 3000.. no matter what i do, nothing changes that.
Any Idea why i can't set other ports for the helper?
What is the rigt config for webserver and addon? Do i need username an password?
Thanks in advance!

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - tmxbmc - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-05, 17:05)pecinko Wrote: Interesting. Any why didn't you just switched from default (GDM) to manual in plexbmc settings? "Server discovery" has 2 states "auto GDM" (default) and "Manual" to which you can toggle to in plexbmc settings. If you change it to manual you can set your IP by hand. No need to edit files at all.

When I selected the PleXBMC addon from XBMC it displayed a blank screen and I couldn't make any changes to the settings from within XBMC.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-06, 11:16)tmxbmc Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 17:05)pecinko Wrote: Interesting. Any why didn't you just switched from default (GDM) to manual in plexbmc settings? "Server discovery" has 2 states "auto GDM" (default) and "Manual" to which you can toggle to in plexbmc settings. If you change it to manual you can set your IP by hand. No need to edit files at all.

When I selected the PleXBMC addon from XBMC it displayed a blank screen and I couldn't make any changes to the settings from within XBMC.

If you run plexbmc add-on you won't get to settings it will try to connect to PMS instead. If you go settings/add ons/enabled add ons/video add ons/plexbmc you will get to add-on info screen, from where you can access settings for it. This is true for all xbmc add ons not just plexbmc.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - alewian - 2014-01-07

hello. firstly thank you for your great work. secondly the PLEXBMC plugin generates authentication errors sometimes. i am watching for this behavior in last weeks. the facts are:

1.- with PLEXBMC from the repo it yiedls "can not connect to server" (or something else), with latest PLEXBMC it yields "authentication require" (or someting else)
2.- i have tested with AMBER and CONFLUENCE skins and the errors remain
3.- the error only occurs with my own server. however i can browse the servers my friends have shared with me with no problems
4.- the error is intermitent: some days the plugin can not connect some days it connects OK
5.- the days i can not connect normally due to the error i can use the server by via bookmarks (i.e. i can not enter the server main sections however i can enter my bookmarked subsectios and view the videos OK, e.g. i have bookmarked the ON DECK TV SHOWS sectios and it works OK always)

this behavior is so weird! (perhaps it is related to timeout or something)

thank you ver y much for your support

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-07, 13:36)alewian Wrote: hello. firstly thank you for your great work. secondly the PLEXBMC plugin generates authentication errors sometimes. i am watching for this behavior in last weeks. the facts are:

I think I have (finally) found the problem. As you said it happens sometimes so troubleshooting it was hell. I should be able to fix it but it will take a few days.

Thank for the help.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-13

(2014-01-07, 13:36)alewian Wrote: hello. firstly thank you for your great work. secondly the PLEXBMC plugin generates authentication errors sometimes. i am watching for this behavior in last weeks. the facts are:

1.- with PLEXBMC from the repo it yiedls "can not connect to server" (or something else), with latest PLEXBMC it yields "authentication require" (or someting else)
3.- the error only occurs with my own server. however i can browse the servers my friends have shared with me with no problems
4.- the error is intermitent: some days the plugin can not connect some days it connects OK
5.- the days i can not connect normally due to the error i can use the server by via bookmarks (i.e. i can not enter the server main sections however i can enter my bookmarked subsectios and view the videos OK, e.g. i have bookmarked the ON DECK TV SHOWS sectios and it works OK always)

Is version 3.4.1 which can be found here http://tinyurl.com/pt8omgo any better in this regard? (It should be)

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - alexep - 2014-01-14

Hi,

I realize this might be a long shot, but how hard is it to add PleXBMC integration to a skin? PleXBMC on the nbox skin would be so sweet. Is there any chance you could consider adding this? If not, is it easy enough for a newb like me to try and do it myself?

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - alewian - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-13, 21:50)pecinko Wrote:

Is version 3.4.1 which can be found here http://tinyurl.com/pt8omgo any better in this regard? (It should be)

i have installed the plugin and now is working ok. i will test it on next days and write again. thank you for your support and congrats for your great work

ps: can you please provide a link to your latest (stable) amber skin? (it looks/works great in my raspberry)

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - foux - 2014-01-18

Hello,

I'm running PlexBMC (pecinko version) on Amber. I tried running on Frodo and on Gotham, and on about any version of the Plexbmc plugin available.

Each time I try to access to Plex, I get this error on my log :
Code:
15:58:42 T:140127728822016   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/foux/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 5157, in <module>
                                                amberskin()
                                              File "/home/foux/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3737, in amberskin
                                                server_list = discoverAllServers()
                                              File "/home/foux/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 311, in discoverAllServers
                                                das_myplex = getMyPlexServers()
                                              File "/home/foux/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 424, in getMyPlexServers
                                                server=etree.fromstring(html).findall('Server')
                                              File "<string>", line 123, in XML
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any idea where this might come from?

Thanks

[REL] PleXBMC - pecinko - 2014-01-18

Use version from Amber skin thread and let me know how did it go. See my signature for thread location.

RE: [REL] PleXBMC - foux - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 19:22)pecinko Wrote: Use version from Amber skin thread and let me know how did it go. See my signature for thread location.

That's the version I'm using right now.
But when I relaunched XBMC right now (to check my PleXBMC settings), the problem wasn't there and plexbmc worked great, so I really don't know what's happening!