Kodi Community Forum
[REL] PleXBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [REL] PleXBMC (/showthread.php?tid=92310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- hippojay - 2011-07-26

doteleven Wrote:When I use then and try to click nothing happens. it just hangs.

That's definitely the correct command to use (verified it by adding it directly to a skin). Did you scan any media into the library? By hanging, do you mean you got a blank screen, or that the dialog box hung on the screen?

Try this instead, swap VideoLibrary for VideoFiles:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?url=http://192.168.1.200:32400/library/sections/1/all&mode=2,return)</onclick>

Remember to replace the server IP and the section number with your own.

If you are still not getting any further, turn on debugging in the plugin and drop me the xbmc.log file to look at.

Plugin Will Not Launch - justinmckay - 2011-08-01

I have tried to launch the newest version of the plugin from my mac mini running lion. Newest version of plex nightly of XBMC with zero configuration.

Plugin launch fails

I get the following in my log file.....
Code:
0:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> getURL: ====== XML finished ======
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584   ERROR: Error Contents: local variable 'properties' referenced before assignment
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/commandcenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3420, in <module>
                                                ROOT(url)
                                              File "/Users/commandcenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 611, in ROOT
                                                properties['title']="Video Plugins"
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'properties' referenced before assignment
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:772931584    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:773980160    INFO: Python script stopped
10:14:31 T:2966011904 M:773980160   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2966011904 terminating
10:14:31 T:2959355904 M:773980160   DEBUG:  WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
10:14:31 T:2690884928 M:773980160   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/
10:14:31 T:2690884928 M:773980160   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/) failed

Any ideas?

- hippojay - 2011-08-04

justinmckay Wrote:I have tried to launch the newest version of the plugin from my mac mini running lion. Newest version of plex nightly of XBMC with zero configuration.

Plugin launch fails

Any ideas?

Yeah, although it's a strange circumstance. My *guess* is that you have a Plex Media Server running on another server with all your media, but you also have a plex media server instance running on the mini with no sections.

Because the local instance has zero sections, it skips a fair bit of my code when it's being checked, which causes the error. I can fix this, but just need to test it out.

- justinmckay - 2011-08-04

hippojay Wrote:My *guess* is that you have a Plex Media Server running on another server with all your media, but you also have a plex media server instance running on the mini with no sections.

Setup on this machine is iTunes and and iPhoto are sitting on an external hardrive connected directly to the computer. All my movies sitting on NAS (TimeCapsule). I do have the plex media server running on my laptop as well but only used it to test the plugin to begin with.

- hippojay - 2011-08-10

New release V1.9.6.1 - https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/plugin.video.plexbmc-1.9.6.1.zip

There are a number of bug fixes and also some new features I've added:
  • Flatten TV shows for "one season shows" or "all seasons"
  • Transcoding now supports AC3 and DTS audio
  • Fixed: Better transcoder proxy stability (I've not seen it fail yet since fixing!)
  • Fixed: Support for webkit plugins - extended so that iplayer/40d/etc work. Again, only through transcoding.
  • Fixed: Windows local file detection
  • Fixed: Transcoder would not start with auto setting
  • Fixed: Photo section filter menus
  • Other stuff I've forgotten about..

I've not pushed this for auto-update yet - as I want to make sure it doesn't break anything. I'll do that in a couple of days.

I've also upped some new/updated skins:
  • Aeon Nox version for PleXBMC
  • CirrusEX now supports horizontal menus (high and low)
  • Quartz has been updated to master version 1.0.3

The skins are in the repo, but I will create some zip files for stand alone installs. Just need to free up some disk space for them.

- justinmckay - 2011-08-10

Code:
19:53:38 T:2955448320  NOTICE: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
                                            <MediaContainer noHistory="0" replaceParent="0" size="0" identifier="com.plexapp.system"/>
19:53:38 T:2955448320  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> getURL: ====== XML finished ======
19:53:38 T:2955448320    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:53:38 T:2955448320   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
19:53:38 T:2955448320   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
19:53:38 T:2955448320   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/commandcenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3560, in <module>
                                                ROOT(url)
                                              File "/Users/commandcenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 494, in ROOT
                                                tree = etree.fromstring(html)
                                              File "<string>", line 84, in XML
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
19:53:38 T:2955448320    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
19:53:38 T:2955448320    INFO: Python script stopped

Gave the updated plugin another try. Still fails on launch. Only now the log message is different.

Added a library section in my plex media manager and the plugin launches. I would say this is a bug you should consider fixing. I was only interested in using the plugin for the itunes/iphoto integration so never thought to add anything to the media manager.

- hippojay - 2011-08-10

justinmckay Wrote:Added a library section in my plex media manager and the plugin launches. I would say this is a bug you should consider fixing. I was only interested in using the plugin for the itunes/iphoto integration so never thought to add anything to the media manager.

Never thought that it would be used without any sections at all. I'll have a look at that code and put something in place to deal with it. Thanks

- hippojay - 2011-08-10

All,

Just uploaded a new screencast showing the updated skins tweaked for PleXBMC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2G2p5C_vbQ

- hippojay - 2011-08-11

All,

For those looking to use XBMC EDEN - here is a first version of the plugin that is focused specifically on XBMC 11. Don't try and run this on XBMC 10.1 DHARMA as it won't load (stick to 1.9.6.1):

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/plugin.video.plexbmc-EDEN.zip

Changes:
  • EDEN has transcoder playback abilities built in already - if anyone relies on stable transcoding, I would move to a nightly now.
  • Transcoding now supports seeking and resuming.
  • Transcoding also supports PMS updates for resume and watched.
  • Removed unneeded code and code workarounds for old python version (yay \o/ no transcoding proxy any more)

This has been tested on a Windows XBMC built from 10th August - remember that these builds are still in development so YMMV

- tvont - 2011-08-11

I do not know what the reason for the breakup between the PLEX developer and the XBMC Team was...

BUT:

2 years ago, I requested something like a media server for XBMC, the ability to have one cetral place to keep the data and database which should be accessible through WEB or an XBMC 'Client', a place to 'stream' from

Many user requested this. Nothing happened.

PMS brought the solution.
PleXBMC brought the missing link.

hippojay, you are currently my HEROSmile

Without this plugin I would still suffer the old problems which brought me to the edge of giving up ever finding a solution for things like central server / transcoding etc.

PMS is the Media Cloud @Home and XBMC is exactly suffering the absence of this

What I see is that a server / client combo is the feature (and future) the direction goes exactly and straight towards. Why, XBMC-Team, do you not finally start to implement a server featureHuh

...look on the market: Clouds everywhereWink

unfortunately, hippojay, its not a very comfortabel place between two fronts which are divided through an old war, even if the 2 parts brought exactly what is needed (and its working just because of your add-on)

Thank you and Congratulation, hippojay - hats off and keep up!

- hippojay - 2011-08-15

tvont - thanks for the kind words.

- hippojay - 2011-08-15

Bugfix v1.9.6.2

To address the context menu and menu looping for "unwatched" filter menu.
Also checked and removed a few other XML data workaround I put in place (as Plex has fixed them)

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/plugin.video.plexbmc-1.9.6.1.zip

I've also put these changes in to the EDEN only version of the plugin. This version also has numerous other changes/fixes that I have made for EDEN. No new functions though.

For XBMC nightlies only:
https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/plugin.video.plexbmc-EDEN2.zip

- bluepassat - 2011-08-16

Hi all can anyone help

i have installed plex media manager on my windows 7 pc, added and scanned all my movies

i have a apple tv 1st gen 160gb with atvflash xbmc all up and running but want to add plex so i can get 40d and bbc iplayer, sky go and any other plugin/scripts you cant get with xbmc

i managed to get it sort of working and installed however i can see programs in all the lists but they wont playHuh?? only about 2 plugins will work imovies etc

any ideasHuh

btw my movies from my pc stream perfect

its just most of the plugins i think its somethink to do with transcodingHuh

- hippojay - 2011-08-18

bluepassat Wrote:i have a apple tv 1st gen 160gb with atvflash xbmc all up and running but want to add plex so i can get 40d and bbc iplayer, sky go and any other plugin/scripts you cant get with xbmc

its just most of the plugins i think its somethink to do with transcodingHuh

Transcoding is forced for playback of certain Plex Plugins - 4od, bbc and sky beings ones that are.

All flash/silverlight plugins need transcoding as the Plex Devs built a new player (and playlist control) to allow playback within the Plex Client. I can't build that for XBMC (it wouldn't get accepted, and for some good reasons), so the workaround is to transcode these type of plugins..

Now I don;t know about atvflash, but to accept transcoded streams in a 10/10.1 build, you need to utilise the proxy functions - and I don;t know how that will work on the atv.

Simply put, go into the plugin settings, and select "1.5mbps 480p". Ensure that m3u8 is selected and that the proxy is also enabled. Default port should be ok.

Now, starting a plugin should work, although it may take some time to buffer up. You could also try increasing the quality setting. If you have problems, post up a log and I'll have a look.

Bare in mind though, that the transcoding on a 10.1 build is experimental and that the best experience can be had using a nightly build as this has transcoding playback build in. However a nightly build might not suit your other XBMC needs.

- bluepassat - 2011-08-18

Hi thanks for the info.....i have changed the setting, however most of the good plugins 4od, bbciplayer, blinkbox, sky, history etc still dont play

i have got about 6 plugins to play liker nasa, carpool, fxguide, imovies etc

i can see all the programs in the lists of the plugins however when i select the one i want to watch it says working........then item failed to play :confused2: