Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV2]FAQ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV2]FAQ (/showthread.php?tid=93033)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- cagex - 2011-04-13

jd2157 Wrote:Good to know it's fixed in the latest nitoTV but not everyone installs it so also good to have the manual fix.

For iOS 4.3, Pwnagetool 4.3 has issues with SMB shares and no audio (according to the forums here) so until there's a new release Seas0npass is still the better choice in that case. For iOS 4.2.1, I'd probably use Pwnagetool 4.2 though.

I have no problems check out on youtube xctechs he will teach you to fix the issue with sound and picture and SMB on 4.3

- jd2157 - 2011-04-13

cagex Wrote:I have no problems check out on youtube xctechs he will teach you to fix the issue with sound and picture and SMB on 4.3

Here's the current policy on jailbreak discussions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99185

This is where jailbreak discussions should be had from now on: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=113

- tinyboyy - 2011-04-29

procrastinator Wrote:A friend asked me how to install a 3rd party repo onto their ATV2. I couldn't find a nice step-by-step instruction post on this forum so I wrote some instructions myself. I thought it might be good to stick it up here for everybodys' benefit, so here it is:

The easiest way to add or remove files from your ATV2 without delving into the command line is to use a SFTP program like Filezilla, or Cyberduck. Personally, I use Filezilla on Windows so this is what my description will focus on. The procedure shouldn't vary that much if you're using a different OS.

Method:
  1. Download, install, and run the Filezilla Client program from the link above
  2. In the boxes near the top of the Filezilla window enter the following details (here's an example of the Filezilla window for reference: link):

Host: enter the IP address of your ATV2
    Username: mobile
    Password: alpine (this is the default, if you've changed the password then enter whatever you changed it to)
    Port: 22

NOTE: if you find, in step 6, that you cannot upload the file, try logging in again using the username “root”. After you have completed the transfer SSH into your ATV2 (un: root, pw: alpine) and run the following command to restore file permissions
    Code:
    chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

3. Hit the "Quick Connect" button
  4. The files and folders on your ATV2 should now be listed in the "Remote site" frames on the right-hand side.
  5. navigate to the folder
    /private/var/mobile/
  6. transfer the add-on zip file into this folder
  7. In XBMC go to the Add Ons manager and choose to “install from zip”
  8. select the “Home Folder”
  9. find and select the zip file you want to install
  10. Done!

Thank you very much for this tutorial. I did the installation step by step but after "I install from zip" in XBMC the icefilms add-on is no where to be found to enable it.

What did I do wrong? Please help me ... im a noob in this sort of things and I still manage get this far (jaillbreaking seasoonpass and installing nitotv by ssh) but icefilms is my ULTIMATE GOAL!!!

- tinyboyy - 2011-04-29

got it!!! I installed it to xbmc! But now there is a 228mb (file i guess) that is downloading. Is this normal? Do I really have to do this?

- dazex - 2011-04-29

You don't have to download it. You can turn that off by going into the config and turning off the metadata.

What the file is, are the cover artwork. The first time, it's a big download at 228mb. All susquent downloads will usually be around 2-3MB. Basically, for whatever new movies that were added.

So if you want to see the movie cover artwork, then download it. If not, say no.

- tinyboyy - 2011-04-29

dazex Wrote:You don't have to download it. You can turn that off by going into the config and turning off the metadata.

What the file is, are the cover artwork. The first time, it's a big download at 228mb. All susquent downloads will usually be around 2-3MB. Basically, for whatever new movies that were added.

So if you want to see the movie cover artwork, then download it. If not, say no.

Thanks!!!

Everything works fine except one thing : there's no sound on the xbmc menu (but all the videos have sound). There used to be some sound when I had xbmc version 10.0 (dowloaded with nitotv) but when i discoverd the existence of the 10.1 ( used this link :http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_ATV2) I unistalled the old one for that one.

Can anyone help me bring back sound in my menus?

- Memphiz - 2011-04-29

No there was never sound in the xbmc menu on ATV2. I wonder why some people remember having sound, you are not the first one ... but definitly there was never code for atv2 which would make the menu sounds work.

- jd2157 - 2011-04-29

tinyboyy Wrote:Thanks!!!

Everything works fine except one thing : there's no sound on the xbmc menu (but all the videos have sound). There used to be some sound when I had xbmc version 10.0 (dowloaded with nitotv) but when i discoverd the existence of the 10.1 ( used this link :http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Install_XBMC_on_ATV2) I unistalled the old one for that one.

Can anyone help me bring back sound in my menus?

I can't help bring back sound in your menus but I can help by encouraging you to read the Official FAQ in the stickies (always the best first place to start when you have questions). There's lots of good info in there including details on why navigation sounds aren't currently enabled and when they will be.

- Stiffler - 2011-04-29

Memphiz Wrote:I wonder why some people remember having sound, you are not the first one ...

I guess people just get mixed up with XBMC and the ATV menu, and remember the sounds of the ATV in XBMC.

Well thats my theory anyway

- williams_1980 - 2011-04-29

i use rowmote on my iphone as my atv2 remote . That way i get sounds on the xbmc menu but its coming from my iphone . Works brillant also .

- tinyboyy - 2011-04-30

jd2157 Wrote:I can't help bring back sound in your menus but I can help by encouraging you to read the Official FAQ in the stickies (always the best first place to start when you have questions). There's lots of good info in there including details on why navigation sounds aren't currently enabled and when they will be.

My mistake for the sound in the menus. Must be the fact that the atv menu had sound.

I'm soo happy everything works fine!!! Thanks everyone for all the help and I'll be sure to read the FAQ before next time. This forum has soo much information can't wait to start reading!!!

- quiet storm iii - 2011-06-11

procrastinator Wrote:A friend asked me how to install a 3rd party repo onto their ATV2. I couldn't find a nice step-by-step instruction post on this forum so I wrote some instructions myself. I thought it might be good to stick it up here for everybodys' benefit, so here it is:

The easiest way to add or remove files from your ATV2 without delving into the command line is to use a SFTP program like Filezilla, or Cyberduck. Personally, I use Filezilla on Windows so this is what my description will focus on. The procedure shouldn't vary that much if you're using a different OS.

Method:
  1. Download, install, and run the Filezilla Client program from the link above
  2. In the boxes near the top of the Filezilla window enter the following details (here's an example of the Filezilla window for reference: link):

Host: enter the IP address of your ATV2
    Username: mobile
    Password: alpine (this is the default, if you've changed the password then enter whatever you changed it to)
    Port: 22

NOTE: if you find, in step 6, that you cannot upload the file, try logging in again using the username “root”. After you have completed the transfer SSH into your ATV2 (un: root, pw: alpine) and run the following command to restore file permissions
    Code:
    chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

3. Hit the "Quick Connect" button
  4. The files and folders on your ATV2 should now be listed in the "Remote site" frames on the right-hand side.
  5. navigate to the folder
    /private/var/mobile/
  6. transfer the add-on zip file into this folder
  7. In XBMC go to the Add Ons manager and choose to “install from zip”
  8. select the “Home Folder”
  9. find and select the zip file you want to install
  10. Done!

after i find the file and i try to select the file and i click it, nothing happens. i open it up and there is nothing in it. should there be? ive been working on a solution to this problem for about 3 days. any help?

How do I reboot direct to XBMC - bypass Apple TV2 menu ? - croc49 - 2011-09-26

About 6 months ago I came across a thread to do this.
Have tried all sorts of search word combinations with no luck.
Any offers ?

- g-off - 2011-09-26

Pressing menu and down on the remote for about 5 seconds will force the atv2 to restart.
Typing reboot at the command prompt through ssh also works well.

- DarkHelmet - 2011-09-26

croc49 Wrote:About 6 months ago I came across a thread to do this.
Have tried all sorts of search word combinations with no luck.
Any offers ?

There you go:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95191&highlight=autostart&page=2

Cheers