Kodi Community Forum
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: ATV2 and XBMC bufferring (/showthread.php?tid=93514)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Hey Im retarded!

I just was about to downmix the ¤vatar movie and found it its not mkv, its avi. I hope Im still on mute!

To my defence, I only have HD & DVD movies in one mapp other avi movies I have in another mapp. Since I thought I only put .mkv movies in the HD mapp, I was pretty certain it was a .mkv file.

MUTE me!

- s2cazz - 2011-02-22

Anyone had any luck using WHS and WHS Connect? Does it resolve the buffering issues?

I plan on testing this tonight. Will post results

- pgoose - 2011-02-22

S2Cazz i haven't heard of the Windows Home server yet. I have a 2008 server running at the moment, are you talking about loading everything onto a server and doing it that way?

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

I can confirm that all my 720p and 1080p movies in .mkv format is running very smothly. I just love it!!! Its the main reason I bought the atv even though the output is not 1080p. Doesnt care, looks beautiful on my Philips Ambilight Tv.

For some reason I mixed up .avi and .mkv files. Sorry for that.

I changed to Keiths nightly build. The sounds seems to be corrected too. Voices not from the right speaker anymore.

- toshiba1 - 2011-02-22

Quote:Voices not from the right speaker anymore.

Checked 10.0-7 just now and the surround sound downmixing to stereo issue exists, where voices are only in right speaker. So you're saying Keith's latest build resolves this??

- hovnarr - 2011-02-22

Perhaps with ac3 sound only, but i thought i had it on the normal .mkv with dts sound. Now I dont have it anymore. Have now both ac3 and dts checked in the settings. Works perfectly to stream now. Almost like christmas eve!

edit, Yes Keiths nightly build has solved it with my movies for sure!

- R0MSTER - 2011-02-22

I updated the firmware on my router yesterday and speed is about double, i can now stream HD trailers with only buffering happening once or twice per trailer which i can live with, before it was 10 times worse. So i would double check the firmware of your router also...

Regards,

- Tenny - 2011-02-23

hovnarr Wrote:Its like talking to a wall here. Its not networksproblem for sure.

Upnp is normally smother. Same with wd tv live. With wd i can access nas directly, no delay, but with smb, takes longer time. Downside is upnp doesnt support subtitles with wd.

I personally think its a sound codec thats is wrong configured. Avatar fr example, 720p ac3 sound mkv 4,3 gb stutter when somebody talks buffers like a maniac. Gladiator 1080p dts mkv 8,5 gb no stutter with embedded subtitle.

Edit, i have only had problems one time with embedded subtitles.

I have to agree it's not network issues. I am on a gigabit network, using all cat6 cabling. The files sit not more than 6 feet away (at most 12 feet of cable in between). Prior to my ATV2, I had a PC in the same spot (same Cat6 / HDMI even) and it was all over SMB and never had issues.

I cannot watch anything HD over SMB. It buffers constantly, every 30 seconds like clockwork. Also the sound codec doesn't seem to have much effect on it. From DTS -> AC3 -> AAC, they all seem to be about the same for me.

When watching it over UPnP it never buffers unless I am fast forwarding / rewinding. While this is a "workaround" it is certainly not ideal as the loss of scraping really annoys me.

- s2cazz - 2011-02-23

pgoose Wrote:S2Cazz i haven't heard of the Windows Home server yet. I have a 2008 server running at the moment, are you talking about loading everything onto a server and doing it that way?
windows home server is a version (basically 2003 with a bunch of media extras and limitations) It has windows media connect built into it to share your media via upnp.

unfortunately I can't access everything because of the way I originally set up my files but the ones I can are streaming great!

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

Tenny,

I run atv with optic cable directly to soundsystem, hdmi seems to have problem with ac3 sound. Also all mkv files streams wonderful now. I run keiths build. All my problems i had seems gone now. It still have buffering problems with avi and ac3 format in HD but now I know what the problem is I can avoid it in the future.

Ps. Anyone know how to find an add a scraper for grown ups movies? Its not my movies, its my gf! I swear!

- ozblogger - 2011-02-23

My experience so far (using nightly build & 10.0-7) on atv2 .. over smb

files over 2GB - some buffering (random - rarely happens and buffers withiin 5 secs .. could never happen or just once or twice during the runtime)

mkvs with DTS > 4GB - had lots of buffering (got better with 10.0-7 & uPnP, but it's still there)

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

And your audio setup is? Do you use optical out? I use nightly build and 10.0-5?
I did the installation from Keiths thread. When I installed it it said, I was downgrading from 10.0-7 to 10.0-5.

I saw gladiato*.mkv 1080p with dts no buffering, 9.2 gb file. And I tested all my mkv files, no issue whatsever.

- mike9677 - 2011-02-23

0xsegfault Wrote:And, i'll try yet:

- Disabling thumbnails generation, like some metioned;

Hey there,

where can I make this adjustment... i don't find it !!!
Picture ??

mike

@hovnarr: bist du aus Deutschland ?? Wenn ja, könntest du mir evtl. ne' Email schicken, mein Englisch ist nicht das allerbeste !

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

I run my setup with thumbnails enabled...

Mike nein ich bin nicht aus deutchland. Meine deutch ist sehr bad. Du muss mit mir sprechen english oder ich kannst nicht dir antworten!

When im home tonight i can answer where to find it.

- mike9677 - 2011-02-23

OK, Thank you!

What do you use: smb or upnp ?

mike