Kodi Community Forum
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: ATV2 and XBMC bufferring (/showthread.php?tid=93514)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

Smb, i do have upnp setup too, but dont use it.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-23

mike have u foumd it?

- mike9677 - 2011-02-24

Yes, i Found it.
but now i tried to Set up PS3 Media Server.
No success !!
by adding a New source in xbmc -> upnp Device -> PS3 Media Server -> all i See is a Folder called Web, and Not my Shared Folder i Putted in PS3.
what went wrong ??
sorry for the fvfzjv...:,:; (autocorrection iPhone )
mike

- Tenny - 2011-02-24

hovnarr Wrote:Tenny,

I run atv with optic cable directly to soundsystem, hdmi seems to have problem with ac3 sound. Also all mkv files streams wonderful now. I run keiths build. All my problems i had seems gone now. It still have buffering problems with avi and ac3 format in HD but now I know what the problem is I can avoid it in the future.

Ps. Anyone know how to find an add a scraper for grown ups movies? Its not my movies, its my gf! I swear!
I also have been carrying my Audio over Optical (not HDMI) and have had issues. Although the HDMI is also carrying the audio, I am not listening to it. The sound appears fine with the optical, the receiver properly detects the signal type...

I'm running 10.0.7 (2/19/11) which is newer than Keith's latest build (2/17/11). Although I have ran almost every build Keith has put out over the past two weeks and none of them made any improvements for me.

- hovnarr - 2011-02-24

I also noticed that, even if the audio is set to optical sound is coming through hdmi. Hopes that will be fixed to next release.

- cyrusir - 2011-02-24

hi all

my set up is as follows.

10MB Cable BB
Connected to a belkin wireless router
Buffalo linkstation live NAS wired to the router
Apple tv 2 wired to the router
PS3 connected wirelessly
Apple IPAD connected wirelessly

I have the latest official build of XBMC with the stock skin.

On any video file streamed from the NAS under 900mb i get perfect playback on the apple tv, no issues, anything bigger than that (all my files are avi, 720p max) i get stuttering and sound issues.

These issues dont exist on my ps3 (where the file will play, not all are recognised by the ps3)

Performance is also vastly superior on my ipad wirelessly streaming thro xbmc from the NAS, most large files that are unwatchable on the apple tv are ok on the ipad.

i have downloaded the 1080 big bucks bunny file, it stutters on the apple tv and the ipad, but much much less on the ipad.

given that the apple tv is wired and the ipad is wireless surely this points to it not being a network issue?

- ashy7 - 2011-02-24

I have recently had some buffer issues as well. I am on the latest official firmware, and all my files work, except for two HD films that I downloaded from iTunes.

They start but continuously buffer from the very start. I tried watching the files back on the offical front row Apple TV software, and they play back fine, so it is not a network issue. I only have one other 720p file, and I think it is xvid, and that plays back fine.

Edit: I stream my files from my NAS drive, via SMB.

- seand - 2011-02-24

ashy7 Wrote:I have recently had some buffer issues as well. I am on the latest official firmware, and all my files work, except for two HD films that I downloaded from iTunes.

They start but continuously buffer from the very start. I tried watching the files back on the offical front row Apple TV software, and they play back fine, so it is not a network issue. I only have one other 720p file, and I think it is xvid, and that plays back fine.

Edit: I stream my files from my NAS drive, via SMB.
Kind of a dumb question but did you re-rip the file after downloading it? Typically XBMC won't touch anything with DRM protection and anything you get off of iTunes has DRM protection on it. i.e. playing iTunes movies is not supposed to be supported by XBMC at all.

At least as I understand it.

- ashy7 - 2011-02-24

seand Wrote:Kind of a dumb question but did you re-rip the file after downloading it? Typically XBMC won't touch anything with DRM protection and anything you get off of iTunes has DRM protection on it. i.e. playing iTunes movies is not supposed to be supported by XBMC at all.

At least as I understand it.

I didn't re-rip the file. Just added it straight to my share after downloading it from iTunes. I hadn't even thought that it wouldn't play the files because of DRM. I know that iTunes music is DRM free now, are the films not?

It does open the file though and begin to play, but just starts buffering straight away. I downloaded an SD film from iTunes as well. I'll give that a go when I get home and see if it plays.

- seand - 2011-02-24

My understanding is that iTunes videos are still officially DRM-protected which is why AirPlay is a big deal. Otherwise, big deal just copy the file.

http://blog.streamingmedia.com/the_business_of_online_vi/2009/01/apple-drops-drm-from-itunes-music-but-what-we-need-are-drm-free-videos.html
This guy in 2009 thought to complain about it.

Maybe it works anyway and your buffering issue is unrelated. I guess if you had XBMC on your computer you could test it there and check that one off as an issue.

- Topazuk - 2011-02-24

Mr.Nice causes problems here. Pause then try to play gets
Stuck on a 15 second buffer cycle using SMB.

- Appletvnoob - 2011-02-25

watched 2 mkv files 720p with no buffering issues this week.. via smb
also been watching some tv show hd rips no issues either....

- steve walken - 2011-02-25

ok, I'm new to this and I've been reading through tons of threads to find out how to stream 720p h.264 over SMB but still having issues. From the forums everyone says it's hardware decoded and should have no problems. For some reason I'm still getting stuttering.

I'm running Dharma 10.4 so I'm wondering if a nightly build would help. The file I'm testing is a 720p 2gig MP4 over wireless N from a i7 imac which when I access my itunes library and stream it runs fine. I'm wondering why XBMC is having issues.

Should I run an updated build?

thanks.

- barbro66 - 2011-02-25

It's only MKV's that are accelerated just now. MP4 720p won't work

- steve walken - 2011-02-25

ok, I just tried a 3gig 720p h.264 mkv now and I'm still having issues with it stuttering.